11 soldiers embrace martyrdom in SWAT suicide blast 13 injured | Page 2 | World Defense

11 soldiers embrace martyrdom in SWAT suicide blast 13 injured

Joe Shearer

Reactions
899 65 0
Country
India
@h!tchiker
@Khafee

That, Khafee Sahib, is precisely what I meant. The other institutions have atrophied, and only the Army retains the credibility to tackle things and achieve them. There is no police worth the name. The administration is totally bought over by politicians. The foreign service is the Army in civilian dress. The judiciary still lingers on, but it cannot act; it can only judge the act.

I will not bring India into it, because that way, I will become a universal bore (let me ignore that rude fellow at the back, jumping up and down and saying,"You already are one!"). But you do see what happens when institutions are broken.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'un.

My deepest condolences to the families of the victims.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
The threat of TTP which had died down in the swat region has tried to resurface in a nasty manner. PA had planned to put an entire division in this area. Falling under KPK, it could be supposed that the division may come under the command of XI Corps, Peshawar. Swat hold a strategic position in the geography of the region.

1. Divisional Troops stationed there could be shifted north towards Gilgit, or east towards Muzaffarabad, basically reinforcing the Northern/North western side of the LOC, in an event of a war with India. This will end the burden on PA Formations deployed throughout Punjab to be deployed to the North in kashmir area.

2. The Division could provide PA formations deployed on mountainous regions of Gilgit, Skardu and LOC with troops already acclimatized to mountain terrain and mountain warfare as reinforcement and reserve.

3. Division would be required to keep the north-western part of Pakistan secured and intact, focusing on the border with Afghanistan. Furthermore support FC with Ops against terrorists and provide an offensive force on the border especially in the Chitral- Dir axis.

4. It is said that this attack was carried out on troops of 19 Lancers, which means that PA has deployed armour regiment in the mountains. MBT's have been effective against terrorists in COIN Ops. This could also mean that the forces deployed in Swat could also be envisioned to be used in plain areas of KPK to support 7th Infantry Div and 9th Infantry Div of XI Corps just as any other infantry division.

This Division would be focussing on almost all aspects of challenges ranging from COIN ops and border management to mountain warfare and plains area deployment. Furthermore, it would be working with SSD to keep an eye on CPEC routes passing through the area. SSD is already stretched out throughout pakistan, any assistance from local garrisons could be useful.