Boeing Ready to Design Next Generation of US Nuclear Missiles | World Defense

Boeing Ready to Design Next Generation of US Nuclear Missiles

BLACKEAGLE

Reactions
1,989 10 0
Country
Jordan
1023218513.jpg

Boeing is prepared to respond to a US Air Force request for proposal to design the next-generation nuclear intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM), known as the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD), the company’s Strategic Missile and Defense Systems spokesperson Queena Jones told Sputnik.

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) — On July 29, the US Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, ICBM Systems Directorate, GBSD Division, issued a request for proposals at FedBizOpps.Gov to the defense industry for the development and maintenance of the GBSD.

"Boeing will respond [and] given Boeing’s proven capabilities in ICBM design, development, production, deployment, and sustainment, we are confident the US Air Force can rely on Boeing to develop a low-risk GBSD weapon system,” Jones said on Tuesday.

In 1958 Boeing developed and produced the Minuteman ICBM and it is still in operation in 2016. Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman are expected to submit proposals.

The GBSD will be the cornerstone of the land based portion of the US Nuclear Triad.
http://sputniknews.com/military/201...clear-missiles-design.html?platform=hootsuite

AleksBudka17

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Poland
Have you ever noticed that the U.S. leadership immediately before starting military engagement on other country's territory or justifying their actions such as the modernization of ABC weapons makes a habit to think out a "big threat" that "force" American authorities to take extreme measures? The Pearl Harbor, NATO bombing of Yugoslavia headed by the White House, false war against terrorism in the Middle East and many other conflicts were provoked by the U.S. secret services to reach their aims or demonstrate county's military power. Now we can see that the U.S. blames Russia for an arms control treaty violation. America once again fabricated evidence that Russia violated the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty to justify the increase of financial requirements in nuclear sector in 2018. All this threatens to world security.

Proof: https://www.globalresearch.ca/washi...-towards-the-new-cuban-missile-crisis/5604631

And yes, share your opinion :)

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Have you ever noticed that the U.S. leadership immediately before starting military engagement on other country's territory or justifying their actions such as the modernization of ABC weapons makes a habit to think out a "big threat" that "force" American authorities to take extreme measures? The Pearl Harbor, NATO bombing of Yugoslavia headed by the White House, false war against terrorism in the Middle East and many other conflicts were provoked by the U.S. secret services to reach their aims or demonstrate county's military power. Now we can see that the U.S. blames Russia for an arms control treaty violation. America once again fabricated evidence that Russia violated the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty to justify the increase of financial requirements in nuclear sector in 2018. All this threatens to world security.

Proof: https://www.globalresearch.ca/washi...-towards-the-new-cuban-missile-crisis/5604631

That is completely true. The US has to legitimize its action to fool those in office, the public as well as the world.

Ejaz

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Pakistan

We have seen that in Iraq but it doesn't make Russia an angel either. Russia also mobilized missiles and launched many attacks on Ukraine and Syria. Afghanistan is another story.

AleksBudka17

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Poland
We have seen that in Iraq but it doesn't make Russia an angel either. Russia also mobilized missiles and launched many attacks on Ukraine and Syria. Afghanistan is another story.

I agree, but if NATO (U.S.) will keep on surrounding Russia's territory with its ballistic missiles, Moscow has nothing to do but response in a similar manner... Eventually some of us may witness and some of us may suffer (like me) from big bada boom ):

Ejaz

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I agree, but if NATO (U.S.) will keep on surrounding Russia's territory with its ballistic missiles, Moscow has nothing to do but response in a similar manner... Eventually some of us may witness and some of us may suffer (like me) from big bada boom ):

Well, the US is bound by defense treaties and will find itself enforced to step in. Just like Russia is bound by defense agreement with Syria and here the Russians are butchering everyone in Syria. The US has a missile defense shield all over the world which put the Russians in their rightfully position. Any missile that Russia fired at the US or any other allied country will be intercepted by the US/NATO missile shield.

AleksBudka17

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Poland
Well, the US is bound by defense treaties and will find itself enforced to step in. Just like Russia is bound by defense agreement with Syria and here the Russians are butchering everyone in Syria. The US has a missile defense shield all over the world which put the Russians in their rightfully position. Any missile that Russia fired at the US or any other allied country will be intercepted by the US/NATO missile shield.

I have never been to Syria so I can't agree or disagree who is butchering who there. The U.S. also bombs Syrian territory, hospitals and innocent people.
(proof: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...pitals-bombed-out-of-service-syria-airstrikes
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...llegedly-kills-56-civilians-in-northern-syria
https://theintercept.com/2017/09/25/syria-us-airstrike-civilian-death-hrw-tabqa/ )
War is war.

And the so called "US missile defense shield" is based not on policy of nuclear deterrence or protection, but on strengthening its positions to conduct a dialog with the rest of the world (including your country) from a position of strength. Such policy extremely undermines world stability, freedom and welfare, especially when there are countries that also have nuclear bombs. In addition, American SM-2 and SM-3 are able to intercept enemy missiles only at takeoff phase, if its late, nothing would stop Russia's rockets. And what about submarine-launched ballistic missiles that can secretly move all over the world? What about Russia's BZhRk? This is too risky...

Ejaz

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I have never been to Syria so I can't agree or disagree who is butchering who there. The U.S. also bombs Syrian territory, hospitals and innocent people.
(proof: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...pitals-bombed-out-of-service-syria-airstrikes
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...llegedly-kills-56-civilians-in-northern-syria
https://theintercept.com/2017/09/25/syria-us-airstrike-civilian-death-hrw-tabqa/ )
War is war.

And the so called "US missile defense shield" is based not on policy of nuclear deterrence or protection, but on strengthening its positions to conduct a dialog with the rest of the world (including your country) from a position of strength. Such policy extremely undermines world stability, freedom and welfare, especially when there are countries that also have nuclear bombs. In addition, American SM-2 and SM-3 are able to intercept enemy missiles only at takeoff phase, if its late, nothing would stop Russia's rockets. And what about submarine-launched ballistic missiles that can secretly move all over the world? What about Russia's BZhRk? This is too risky...

Both the U.S and Russia are at a cold war since the soviet era and now China has entered the game. Its natural for the U.S as it is natural for Russia and China to take actions to counteract a danger or threat posed by anyone anywhere.

Ejaz

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Pakistan
War is war.

US THAAD system can intercept missiles in all three phases; boost/midcourse/terminal/End in concert with Patriot/PAC-3.

AleksBudka17

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
10 0 0
Country
Poland
Both the U.S and Russia are at a cold war since the soviet era and now China has entered the game. Its natural for the U.S as it is natural for Russia and China to take actions to counteract a danger or threat posed by anyone anywhere.

I understand what you are trying to say but if we look at the map and compare the number of American and Russian military bases outside the country we can see that America has set down its roots all over the world. And what about Russia? Couple of military bases I guess. It is about "threat" and "aggression". I guess you wouldn't be glad if your neighbors point heavy machine gun at you saying "this is to protect from bandits bruh, don't worry." I guess you will point your guns at them as well. Why I'm writing all of this - America shouts about "aggression" putting its rockets around Russia's borders. Russia takes counter measures and also deploys its' rockets. All this rising tensions... I mean America should stop putting its missiles across the planet, especially close to those countries that also have nuclear missiles. Washington tries to return its status of a dominant country back. But its time has past. The Humanity needs new solutions of the problem. At least not pointing missiles at each other. I hope you think the same.

And about THAAD system.

(http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-hard-truth-about-thaad-south-korea-china-15295)

"Let’s start with THAAD’s abilities. Its manufacturer describes it as a“capability to defend against short and medium ranged ballistic missiles.” And a quick look at the THAADflight test results shows that the bulk of its testing has been against short-range targets.Here’s a video of the November 2015 test in which THAAD intercepts both a short-range missile and a medium-range one. By contrast, it’s largely unproven against longer-range threats such as intermediate-range ballistic missiles. In essence, then, THAAD is quite capable of intercepting short-range missiles: indeed, its mobile radar, the AN/TPY-2, can provide end-to-end coverage of short-range missile flights, enhancing the prospects for successful interception."

Last edited:

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
I understand what you are trying to say but if we look at the map and compare the number of American and Russian military bases outside the country we can see that America has set down its roots all over the world. And what about Russia? Couple of military bases I guess. It is about "threat" and "aggression". I guess you wouldn't be glad if your neighbors point heavy machine gun at you saying "this is to protect from bandits bruh, don't worry." I guess you will point your guns at them as well. Why I'm writing all of this - America shouts about "aggression" putting its rockets around Russia's borders. Russia takes counter measures and also deploys its' rockets. All this rising tensions... I mean America should stop putting its missiles across the planet, especially close to those countries that also have nuclear missiles. Washington tries to return its status of a dominant country back. But its time has past. The Humanity needs new solutions of the problem. At least not pointing missiles at each other. I hope you think the same.

And about THAAD system.

(http://nationalinterest.org/blog/the-buzz/the-hard-truth-about-thaad-south-korea-china-15295)

"Let’s start with THAAD’s abilities. Its manufacturer describes it as a“capability to defend against short and medium ranged ballistic missiles.” And a quick look at the THAADflight test results shows that the bulk of its testing has been against short-range targets.Here’s a video of the November 2015 test in which THAAD intercepts both a short-range missile and a medium-range one. By contrast, it’s largely unproven against longer-range threats such as intermediate-range ballistic missiles. In essence, then, THAAD is quite capable of intercepting short-range missiles: indeed, its mobile radar, the AN/TPY-2, can provide end-to-end coverage of short-range missile flights, enhancing the prospects for successful interception."

I totally I agree with you but having said that Russia can also deploy missiles and increase its present as a counter measure to the US "aggression" as perceived by the Russian bear. The US is present in international water and in allied countries as well. Russia can expand and do the same. The US doesn't have to stop deploying missiles and what not. Every country has the right to act according to what its see fit as long as there is no breach to international law.