Bombing in Pakistan as Christians Celebrate Easter Holiday | World Defense

Bombing in Pakistan as Christians Celebrate Easter Holiday

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
A bomb attack took place in Lahore, near a children's park, as Christians were gathered to celebrate the Easter holiday. Easter is the most holy day in the Christian faith, so it's no surprise this occurred. As of now, it appears that 60 have been killed, and 300 injured. Here's a quote about the incident from a police official.

Senior police officer Haider Ashraf says the explosion took place close to the children's rides in Gulshan-e-Iqbal park. He says the explosion appeared to have been a suicide bombing, but investigations were ongoing. The area was crowded with Christians celebrating the Easter holidays, he said.
Setting off bombs on the most holy of Christian holidays, especially near an area sure to be populated with civilians, particularly children, will win no points for those who perpetrated this act.

Here's a link to the article, with some pictures and additional information. Gov't: Bomb blast in Pakistan park kills at least 60, wounds 300 | abc13.com

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Fucking sick people, excuse my french....There is nothing that could justify this attack, these delusional terrorists are either mentally insane or seek to wreck havoc across Asia, Middle East and Africa. I don't know if the victims were all Christian or both Muslim and Christian? Is the attack trying to punish holiday celebrations? If Pakistani guests are viewing this, please come join us and help elaborate.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I'm getting sick and tired of posting this comment - that super powers and other allies should unite to annihilate the terrorists from the face of the earth. Those terrorists come in different name and wear different cloaks but they are all the same whether we call them as ISIS, ISIL, Boko Haram, Taliban, Al Qaeda, etc. What are the super powers doing? Obviously, Russia and the US are just playing coy because of their own interests.

Gabriel92

Professional
Reactions
676 14 0
Country
France
Fucking sick people, excuse my french....There is nothing that could justify this attack, these delusional terrorists are either mentally insane or seek to wreck havoc across Asia, Middle East and Africa. I don't know if the victims were all Christian or both Muslim and Christian? Is the attack trying to punish holiday celebrations? If Pakistani guests are viewing this, please come join us and help elaborate.

This attack targeted Christians that were celebrating Easter.....
Pakistani talibans claimed responsability for this attack.

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
This attack targeted Christians that were celebrating Easter.....
Pakistani talibans claimed responsability for this attack.

Taliban targets everyone not just Christens. Remember the military school attack that claimed the lives of around 130 children.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
Yes, although apparently this splinter group of the Pakistani Taliban was targeting Christians, on the most holy day of the Christian calendar, it was a public park, so I'm sure there were others present and injured and/or killed. As of the last report I saw, 69 were killed, and 341 were injured. Here are a couple of additional links to stories that give some background on the group and related attacks. Pakistan Easter Suicide Bombing In Children’s Park Claimed By Taliban Splinter Group This was another suicide bombing. The bomber's head was found, and apparently the bomb contained ball bearings, similar to those used in the Boston Marathon bombing. This link from CNN seems to be the most updated, with the higher numbers of killed and injured: Pakistan bombing: Taliban targets Christians, kills 69 - CNN.com

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Somebody said there is nothing that could justified this attack. I have to add that I really do not remember any attack that could be justified. It was obvious and expected. I don't know what were those people celebrating thinking? God will protect them? I really do not get this people. I don't know if Pakistan is a war zone. Forgive me I don't follow the news all the time but there were threats before they should never go and celebrate. That's just senseless.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I'd also just like to point out the lack of media coverage we've had on this attack. Maybe I can only speak for the UK but while it as been mentioned in the media, it's only been a quick report but nothing more.

I'd also noticed that after the Paris and Brussels attacks, Facebook was awash with people changing their profile pictures to the relevant countries flag. I've not up to now seen many people do that with the Pakistani flag.