Can Peace Be Achieved By Dealing With Terrorists? | World Defense

Can Peace Be Achieved By Dealing With Terrorists?

Radix24

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Philippines
I want peace. I heard the war stories of my late grandfather. His near brushes of death, his need to kill other people, and so on. I want peace, but could it be called peace when you are striking a deal with known terrorists? These terrorists wants a piece of land from your country as a condition for peace?

If that deal is struck, how sure are you they will disarm after the treaty? If I am a head of state, I would destroy the terrorists. Snip it at the bud. Sure, it will displace people temporarily, but this would be a peace they can enjoy. Not an easy peace where a sudden fire fight might erupt out of no where.

What about you? Would you deal will terrorists or would you fight for your peace?

timelord731

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
Unless you were to establish a overbearing, big brother type dictatorship, then I believe that world peace is more or less impossible. Killing all of the terrorist won't bring peace, just more conflict. They are like a Hydra. ISIS popped up because Al-Queda was losing power. Your method is the same method that was used during the Bush Administration and look how that worked out. Terrorist are the current threat, but there will always be one just around the corner. So no, killing all the terrorist won't be the key to world peace, my friend.