Canada's F18 replacement news & updates | Page 5 | World Defense

Canada's F18 replacement news & updates

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Absolutely Kahfee, but probably faster than the first RCN CSC frigate trials (probably around 2027). We (Canada) likes to be fashionably tardy which could come to bite us in the backside if we are not careful! Ha!! Cheers bro!
Which plane you looking??LM said they will reinvest 16 billion in canadian economy so F35?? But I believe super Hornets are way to go for RCAF

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I remember, I once asked a major OEM to bid for a tender, and he said the tender specs, are too much in favor of a certain manufacturer, so not worth our time.

This could possibly be the issue.
Not sure about EF or Rafale even Rafale was one who complained about fair trial against F35 during Harper Era heard about Gripen again Canada will choose one US vendor Boeing or LM even Cheif test pilot of Boeing F18 is canadian.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Which plane you looking??LM said they will reinvest 16 billion in canadian economy so F35?? But I believe super Hornets are way to go for RCAF
Canada is still looking very closely at the F35 for the replacement of the CF 18 Hornets however you never know with this government. The Super Hornet is also a great aircraft. The RCAF could do worse.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Canada is still looking very closely at the F35 for the replacement of the CF 18 Hornets however you never know with this government. The Super Hornet is also a great aircraft. The RCAF could do worse.
It will be a political decision again but I believe Super Hornets has advantages with trained crew infrastructure already at place rather than induct a totally new platform it will cost alot for training and infrastructure. EU option I doubt them

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
It will be a political decision again but I believe Super Hornets has advantages with trained crew infrastructure already at place rather than induct a totally new platform it will cost alot for training and infrastructure. EU option I doubt them
The Super Hornet is a great A/C no doubt, however up against a 5th Gen. F-35 may not quite do it.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
The Super Hornet is a great A/C no doubt, however up against a 5th Gen. F-35 may not quite do it.
Granny when we gonna pitch super Hornet againt F35??? Watch 5th estate program over YouTube ran by CBC

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Granny when we gonna pitch super Hornet againt F35??? Watch 5th estate program over YouTube ran by CBC
I hope we don't actually believe all the hype we see on T.V. The F-35A is a great A/C that Canada needs. Who knows.....we might even buy some "Bs" "if, and that's a BIG if" Canada ever decides to have a true Sealift Capability. Cheers! 😝

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I hope we don't actually believe all the hype we see on T.V. The F-35A is a great A/C that Canada needs. Who knows.....we might even buy some "Bs" "if, and that's a BIG if" Canada ever decides to have a true Sealift Capability. Cheers! 😝
Single engine Jett let's see

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
F/A-18E/F or F-35, I think it depends on the RCAF's requirements and their ambitions.

Is RCAF want a reliable, handy and battle-proven fighter. An aircraft that can join the operational service as soon as possible. The F/A-18E/F is a good choice.

If they want to invest in future, if they want to pay more, in advance of getting cutting-edge fighter. If they want to confront the growing and the looming threat against NATO member countries from Russian IADS.

F-35 all the way, they wouldn't think about it. Unless they plan for better offer.

Last edited:

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
F/A-18E/F or F-35, I think it depends on the RCAF's requirements and their ambitions.

Is RCAF want a reliable, handy and battle-proven fighter. An aircraft that can join the operational service as soon as possible. The F/A-18E/F is a good choice.

If they want to invest in future, if they want to pay more, in advance of getting cutting-edge fighter. If they want to confront the growing and the looming threat against NATO member countries from Russian IADS.

F-35 all the way, they wouldn't think about it. Unless they plan for better offer.
Hi Slam Eagle! Thanks for that insightful info. The RCAF has already had a "Battle-Hardened" fighter in the F-18 and are now ready to take the next step and move up to a 5th gen. A/C in the F-35. It is the "preferred" A/C of the RCAF but it will have to take whatever the government can afford. If that be the F/A-18E/F, then so be it. Like I said, we will all know soon enough. Cheers!