China begins delivery of VT4 Main Battle Tanks to Pakistan | Page 12 | World Defense

China begins delivery of VT4 Main Battle Tanks to Pakistan

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
1641928670800.png

1641929170000.png

1641928831000.png

Farhan Ullah

BANNED
Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I saw a documentary for german tanks leo 2... Just became curious how does VT-4 compare with Leopord 2

They are excellent tanks but not for our terrain.

Our terrain is much harsher on MBTs, hence that's why our procurement options always remain limited. Also Leopard 2A7 weights roundabout 66 tons.

Tanks comparisons are totally ridiculous as every country has seperate doctrine. tactics, terrain, weather, environment, etc etc.
Like Merkava is a very good tank, probably the best ever, but its not for supporting infantry in an assault, its not for desert terrain, its almost useless in Urban Warfare, but it is a good tank because it is heavily armoured, and very good at defending, it even has a mortar for it.
Just a small example of how much weird and RIDICULOUS tank comparisons are.

Farhan Ullah

BANNED
Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Pakistan
THe pàint schemes to be difficult here, no cemo
These pics are from the trials, this tank is one of the trail units.
Also the ERA we got with the tank, is different and much better than the one shown.

Our tanks are camo-ed like this: (Though some regts might differ because of different terrain, but I doubt full desert brown because we don't have sandy deserts)
1642188313568.png

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
It doesn't have the ERA and other bells and whistles on it. So it looks like that.

I see it doesn't have ERA, but ERA does not change the production quality underneath.
every one has his own standards, similarly my remarks are based on my personal quality level.
looking at the joints of anchoring hooks, i say local welders in Pakistan can do better job. similarly, local workshop can produce more precise panels.

Last edited:

Farhan Ullah

BANNED
Reactions
20 0 0
Country
Pakistan
I see it doesn't have ERA, but ERA does not change the production quality underneath.
every one has his own standards, similarly my remarks are based on my personal quality level.
looking at the joints of lifting hooks, i say local welders in Pakistan can do better job.
Yes, but we need the whole tank which unfortunately our welders can't make.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes, but we need the whole tank which unfortunately our welders can't make.
Sure... this is why my comments were pointing to what one see in picture, which can be done better locally, and it's just a comparitive observation, don't take it personal, unless it's job done by you. Even in that case, one should welcome a feedback.

Last edited: