Civil War In America | Page 4 | World Defense

Civil War In America

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think it will turn into civil war - after all, it's already getting pretty bloody. There is a massive amount of tension though and I think it is only going to get worse. I can definitely see more rioting. I have a feeling that there will be worse incidents before proper action is taken. I do agree that the majority are only concerned about KK though....

starburstlateral

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
5 0 0
Country
Ireland
How do the riots compare to the LA Riots, or other class/ethnic protests over the century? It seems to me that we have issues of great importance, including problems of racial profiling by the police, but the sensationalism of some of the news reports I read are ridiculous.
I read a headline and it almost declares a breakout of civil war, it's almost turning into entertainment... and that is sad.

xTinx

Reactions
67 0 0
Country
Philippines
You are absolutely right. There is still a very wide divide that has never been corrected. The black community is filled with hatred towards whites and the white community still carries fear and resentment towards the blacks. Until they both get past that and accept that the past is the past, there can be no mending.

Yes there is a lot of racism in the black community. As I stated before, they carry a lot of resentment towards the white community because of the past and they feel that it is the white community that holds them back. They don't seem to realize that it is themselves that is holding them back.

Yeah, another way of saying it is that displeasure over police behavior is just the tip of the iceberg. Civil wars are triggered by age-old social issues such as racism, class struggles and whatnot that still get in the way of people's relationships.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
I don't think that anyone in the United States wants this to turn into a civil war, nor do I think that it's this extreme for a civil war to be started over something like this. A civil war is just a bit much of a stretch in my opinion. There aren't enough citizens who are so deeply involved in the issue for it to turn into something that big! I understand that there are a lot of upset people all over the country that are outraged about what happened, but I don't think there's enough people for a legitimate war to start because of it! I think that it's going to stick to protests for a while and then the news about it is all going to die down for a while until some sort of other huge event happens that turns into more protests throughout the country and we'll just keep going through that cycle.

It only takes one. You take one upset person and they start mouthing off to the people around them about why they are upset and how they want retribution... eventually that one will turn into hundreds and you got a war. Our country was built on blood. It is in the peoples nature here to fight, even when they are unsure of why they are fighting. They just pick a side and go with it. That is the way things are. I am not saying that we fight for nothing... we do fight for what we believe, but the main premises is that we fight.

There is more then one type of civil war, a protest is considered a type of civil war. It does not have to end in bloodshed, mere the people getting their point across of their displeasure at a situation and that it has to change.

cyberpinoy

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Philippines
I don't think that anyone in the United States wants this to turn into a civil war, nor do I think that it's this extreme for a civil war to be started over something like this. A civil war is just a bit much of a stretch in my opinion. There aren't enough citizens who are so deeply involved in the issue for it to turn into something that big! I understand that there are a lot of upset people all over the country that are outraged about what happened, but I don't think there's enough people for a legitimate war to start because of it! I think that it's going to stick to protests for a while and then the news about it is all going to die down for a while until some sort of other huge event happens that turns into more protests throughout the country and we'll just keep going through that cycle.
I have to agree, i do not think Police Brutality is enough to engulf an all out civil war. There is just to much manipulation going on wiht the video feeds, and a lot of people do not even have to deal with police on a daily basis. But the subject alone is just not enough to warrant a result of an all out civil war.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
You may get a few, but a few isn't enough to start a war.

I beg to differ.

Just a few can get a war started. All you need is an explosive situation. Then just one spark will start the conflagration. It depends on whether both sides are sensible or otherwise. Let's say, some people go on a killing spree, targeting a particular racial group. The targeted group retaliates by going on a killing spree of their own. Then the government clamps down with armed might, like send in the troops and imposing a curfew. Some people break the curfew. They are shot and killed by government forces. The fire is further fanned. More people break the curfew. Things get worse. Food becomes scarce. Panic sets in. People begin to loot to get what little food is available. Government forces take more drastic action. More people die. Groups start mini-wars on other groups.

A civil war has erupted.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I beg to differ.

Just a few can get a war started. All you need is an explosive situation. Then just one spark will start the conflagration. It depends on whether both sides are sensible or otherwise. Let's say, some people go on a killing spree, targeting a particular racial group. The targeted group retaliates by going on a killing spree of their own. Then the government clamps down with armed might, like send in the troops and imposing a curfew. Some people break the curfew. They are shot and killed by government forces. The fire is further fanned. More people break the curfew. Things get worse. Food becomes scarce. Panic sets in. People begin to loot to get what little food is available. Government forces take more drastic action. More people die. Groups start mini-wars on other groups.

A civil war has erupted.

This would make sense in Africa or Middle East but not in the United States. Authorities here can definitely keep situation under control. And there isn't much incitement of violence. Americans for the most part are united people and have put the past behind them. Big figures like celebrities can urge restraint. Also with social media teenagers and young adults would promote solidarity together. There aren't any reasons for civil war.

Only possibility of civil war was if Republicans were weak and Democrats controlled House/Senate. But, Republicans currently do so there is no desperation from them even though they make it appear that way on media.

Reactions
43 2 0
Country
Thailand
This would make sense in Africa or Middle East but not in the United States.

I am not too sure about that. I did read something about what happened after the Katrina Hurricane. With so many guns around, it's all too easy for people to take the law into their own hands. Federal troops can be sent in to quell unrest but that's only possible if the unrest is limited. If the unrest is widespread, the Feds will be stretched too thin to be effective.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I think we're a long way away from that scenario. For one thing, I don't think that the specific sides can be so easily defined. Cops vs. anti-cops? Black vs. white? Black vs. police? Establishment vs. anti-establishment? And so on. I can't see people mustering in easily defined armies.

galmal

Reactions
2 0 0
Country
USA
I can't imagine this turning into a civil war. I think that people are just frustrated and they want those in power to recognize that there is a problem so that they can effect change. I really think that this is one of the things that makes the US great - we are given the right to protest and make our point heard. Unfortunately, these protests have turned violent.