UAE F-35 possible acquisition | Page 5 | World Defense

UAE F-35 possible acquisition

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
good idea please do open a new thread and elaborate your point there so that other members can also learn and understand your point of view.
Since you are the more senior member i thought you should do it instead of me.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Eventually yes.
Hi. May i....
Political dimension:
If you are afraid that F-35 deal (rumors) hints to you that UAE is planning to breach Iranian airspace, than i take the liberty to call it baseless hoax!
If some how impossible happens, and UAE come to the decision that they have to breach Iranian air space, they will do it with or without F-35, but with support of AWACS and GCC union will be standing behind any such move.

On technical dimension:
(Hypothetically excluding the AWACS support), UAE F-16 can do serious damage to Iranian air defense batteries. It would simply be a race of accuracy and quality of respective missiles, where i have no hesitation to predict the definite winner, which is F-16 blk 60 with it's advance litening and IRST sensors and HARM quality missiles.

As far Iranian air defense batteries are concerned, besides having natural limitation of reach, there's a time factor involved in travel of any SAM to it's max. reach /edge of it's max reach, more a missile climb, more it looses it's energy, eventually to no effect. (I expect all enthusiasts to know such basics). On quality, you may go ahead and educate us a bit.

On tactical /strategic dimension:
When an airforce breach into an enemy airspace, they have an objective target, with top quality intelligence. they don't go in for the fun of a roller coaster flight, and those targets could be easily guessed as key Iranian military sites.
Iran's prospective nuclear facilities may be such prospective target/s, which is better curtailed at it's development level, keeping international oil prices at lower end is one effective way.... etc. etc.

Last edited:

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi. May i....
Political dimension:
If you are afraid that F-35 deal (rumors) hints to you that UAE is planning to breach Iranian airspace, than i take the liberty to call it baseless hoax!
If some how impossible happens, and UAE come to the decision that they have to breach Iranian air space, they will do it with or without F-35, but with support of AWACS and GCC union will be standing behind any such move.

On technical dimension:
(Hypothetically excluding the AWACS support), UAE F-16 can do serious damage to Iranian air defense batteries. It would simply be a race of accuracy and quality of respective missiles, where i have no hesitation to predict the definite winner, which is F-16 blk 60 with it's advance litening and IRST sensors and HARM quality missiles.

As far Iranian air defense batteries are concerned, besides having natural limitation of reach, there's a time factor involved in travel of any SAM to it's max. reach /edge of it's max reach, more a missile climb, more it looses it's energy, eventually to no effect. (I expect all enthusiasts to know such basics). On quality, you may go ahead and educate us a bit.

On tactical /strategic dimension:
When an airforce breach into an enemy airspace, they have an objective target, with top quality intelligence. they don't go in for the fun of a roller coaster flight, and those targets could be easily guessed as key Iranian military sites.
Iran's prospective nuclear facilities may be such prospective target/s, which is better curtailed at it's development level, keeping international oil prices at lower end is one effective way.... etc. etc.
Sir,thankyou for the nice reply.All the points i mentioned are based on what i have simulated using a commercial off the shelf application known as Command Modern Operations.Said application is used by USA DoD and the military braches,UK MoD and Australian MoD.You are free to buy the application and then we can compare our results in a new thread since I have no intention to derail this thread any further.This will be my last reply on this topic in this thread.Feel free to open a new thread and then I'll gladly discuss the topic.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sir,thankyou for the nice reply.All the points i mentioned are based on what i have simulated using a commercial off the shelf application known as Command Modern Operations.Said application is used by USA DoD and the military braches,UK MoD and Australian MoD.You are free to buy the application and then we can compare our results in a new thread since I have no intention to derail this thread any further.This will be my last reply on this topic in this thread.Feel free to open a new thread and then I'll gladly discuss the topic.

>>_*

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Hi, take my post and open new thread.... let's continue from there.

Reactions
112 10 0
Country
Jordan
Brother @Khafee would you like K-FX for UAEAF to replace Mirage 2000 with UAE weapon integration? Considering the deep relationship UAE has with South Korean government and military and need to complement possible F-35s with a strong platform slighlty worse than F-35 but better than any 4th gen platform.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Brother @Khafee would you like K-FX for UAEAF to replace Mirage 2000 with UAE weapon integration? Considering the deep relationship UAE has with South Korean government and military and need to complement possible F-35s with a strong platform slighlty worse than F-35 but better than any 4th gen platform.
Thank You my young friend for the tag. The K-FX is yet to fly, so we have to wait and see what exactly does it bring to the table. Is it worth inducting a newer platform, if the capability is only marginally better than the Blk60. OR would an F15-EX with Silent Eagle DNA be a better choice.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
The UAE is looking for 24 to start with. Some of the f-35 meant for turkey will be bought by Greece. KSA has not put a proposal yet but I think RSAF will be interested in getting 48. The reason I say this is because there some expansions going on some airbases inside the country but still way to tell.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The UAE is looking for 24 to start with. Some of the f-35 meant for turkey will be bought by Greece. KSA has not put a proposal yet but I think RSAF will be interested in getting 48. The reason I say this is because there some expansions going on some airbases inside the country but still way to tell.
I'm not so sure (:-)

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I'm not so sure (:-)
Are you saying more or less? even 12 is not bad. Why I say 24 is because the uae procrastinated. It is not keeping pace with the schedule. It should move fast because training and delivery takes time.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Are you saying more or less? even 12 is not bad. Why I say 24 is because the uae procrastinated. It is not keeping pace with the schedule. It should move fast because training and delivery takes time.
No, I'm saying that there are too many strings with the F35, and it might not actually come.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
No, I'm saying that there are too many strings with the F35, and it might not actually come.

The Israelis are lobbying but the uae has good maneuvering skills. I will not be in shock if Israel asks the US to ask the uae if they could open up an embassy in Jerusalem.(:-) We should not forget the big f35 number Turkey left behind, if the uae does not get it then who will? They will dust and then rust.\_/)

space cadet

Reactions
773 15 0
Country
USA
The Israelis are lobbying but the uae has good maneuvering skills. I will not be in shock if Israel asks the US to ask the uae if they could open up an embassy in Jerusalem.(:-) We should not forget the big f35 number Turkey left behind, if the uae does not get it then who will? They will dust and then rust.\_/)
no sir, no dust or rust, they have already been sold to the US Air Force

Last edited: