Don't cut soldiers' kids education fund, says Navy chief!!

Ratings
5 65 0
Country
India
https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nat...we-mustnt-cut-kids-study-fund-navy-chief.html

1512626398616.png

New Delhi: Naval Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba and Rajya Sabha MP Rajeev Chandrashekhar appealed to Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman to reverse a government order that is attempting to limit educational reimbursement to children of martyred or disabled soldiers.

Admiral Lanba, who is also Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee, wrote: "this small gesture would assure the families of our brave women and men that the nation cares for them and their sacrifices are truly appreciated by the government," according to an NDTV report.
Lanba also added that these soldiers have made the supreme sacrifice for the country and this small contribution to their wards is recognition of their commitment to the country's defence.

Earlier, children of soldiers killed in action, those missing or disabled were given a full reimbursement of tuition fees, hostel charges, cost of books, cost of uniforms and clothing. This has now been capped to Rs. 10,000 per month, in an order that was issued by the government on July 1.

This cap on the scholarship was imposed earlier this year, after the Seventh Pay Commission report and impacted nearly 3,400 children of army personnel, reports have said.

Chandrashekhar has written: "The services and sacrifices of our soldiers cannot be repaid ever and it is our moral obligation to ensure their families do not face any hardships and difficulties."

He further added that the decision to cap the funds would go against the basic principle with which the scheme was announced.

According to reports, the Defence Ministry was apprised of the criticisms and it is likely to consider the points raised by Lanba and Chandrashekhar, and take a decision soon.

The scheme to provide financial aid to children of martyrs was announced in December 1971, days after the Indian victory in the war with Pakistan.

This is really bad , on one hand our govt tells us to be nationalistic on the other it does this.

H!thchiker

THINK TANK
Ratings
9 271 0
Country
Pakistan
This is sad..Those who dies for nation , families should be taken care off afterwards..By doing this it will limit the access to quality of education and other things....

Ratings
5 65 0
Country
India
@Joe Shearer for all their jingoism this is their true face, it always comes down to money , these guys will always be street traders never able to serve.

I.R.A

THINK TANK
Ratings
21 284 0
Country
Pakistan
Instead of cutting down on existing welfare scheme any government should be introducing new such schemes for its people.

Why did Indian government feel the need to cut it down, what does that 7th pay commission report say about the reason? 3400 children and even if you pay them suppose INR 100,000 (the actual I am sure is much less than this) a month it makes it 340 million (34 crore) ........ is that too much to pay for Indian govt?

Ratings
5 65 0
Country
India
Instead of cutting down on existing welfare scheme any government should be introducing new such schemes for its people.

Why did Indian government feel the need to cut it down, what does that 7th pay commission report say about the reason? 3400 children and even if you pay them suppose INR 100,000 (the actual I am sure is much less than this) a month it makes it 340 million (34 crore) ........ is that too much to pay for Indian govt?
These guys are big on lip service nothing else.

I.R.A

THINK TANK
Ratings
21 284 0
Country
Pakistan
These guys are big on lip service nothing else.
What would be the reaction of Mombies (its my personal term for people who worship Modi, from Zombie to Mombie)? Doesn't this affect their vote bank? I mean Indians like Pakistanis are sensitive about their military and armed forces .........

Ratings
5 65 0
Country
India
What would be the reaction of Mombies (its my personal term for people who worship Modi, from Zombie to Mombie)? Doesn't this affect their vote bank? I mean Indians like Pakistanis are sensitive about their military and armed forces .........
I refer to them as toadies, (one starts the others follow) to them religion comes first never India . The most vocal of the lot is always the one who BS the most.

Joe Shearer

Professional
Ratings
6 220 0
Country
India
@jbgt90 @I.R.A

Compare it, to complete your enlightenment, with the pay and perquisites enjoyed by MPs. Look up the quantum of improvement of personal pay by Tamil Nadu MLAs.

You will understand our national priorities.

I.R.A

THINK TANK
Ratings
21 284 0
Country
Pakistan
@jbgt90 @I.R.A

Compare it, to complete your enlightenment, with the pay and perquisites enjoyed by MPs. Look up the quantum of improvement of personal pay by Tamil Nadu MLAs.

You will understand our national priorities.

Its the same in Pakistan sir. Pay raises for MNAs and increased tax rates for existing taxpayers get passed easily. Your MLAs may be punctual in attending the sessions ....... our's most of the time remain out of the house, arranging sit ins, protests or rallies and still enjoy the perks and benefits.

So military establishing its own businesses and Army Welfare Trust type organisations was being wise?

Joe Shearer

Professional
Ratings
6 220 0
Country
India
Its the same in Pakistan sir. Pay raises for MNAs and increased tax rates for existing taxpayers get passed easily. Your MLAs may be punctual in attending the sessions ....... our's most of the time remain out of the house, arranging sit ins, protests or rallies and still enjoy the perks and benefits.

So military establishing its own businesses and Army Welfare Trust type organisations was being wise?
Unfortunately it looks like that. Who would have thought that we would be let down by our own babus.

I.R.A

THINK TANK
Ratings
21 284 0
Country
Pakistan
Unfortunately it looks like that. Who would have thought that we would be let down by our own babus.
Just yesterday I was listening to this parody of a national song, a very talented person ..... who sang to his own beats created on a table, it went like

"Siyasatdan ........ siyasatdan ......... . kay kha gay sara Pakistan ...... corruption mission hay in ka .......... mukar jana in ki pechan ..... siyasatdan .... siyasatdan ........

I wish I could share that parody here somehow.

Last edited:

Joe Shearer

Professional
Ratings
6 220 0
Country
India
Just yesterday I was listening to this parody of a national song, a very talented person ..... who was sang to his own beats created on a table, it went like

"Siyasatdan ........ siyasatdan ......... . kay kha gay sara Pakistan ...... corruption mission hay in ka .......... mukar jana in ki pechan ..... siyasatdan .... siyasatdan ........

LOL.

I think we can put it to several viable tunes without any trouble!

khafee

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Ratings
32 547 0
Country
United Arab Emirates
Just yesterday I was listening to this parody of a national song, a very talented person ..... who sang to his own beats created on a table, it went like

Chill Republic