Dubai security chief: Palestinians should ‘be satisfied with’ binational state | World Defense

Dubai security chief: Palestinians should ‘be satisfied with’ binational state

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Dubai security chief: Palestinians should ‘be satisfied with’ binational state

(JTA) — Dubai’s head of general security said Palestinians should give up on establishing an independent state because such a state would have no chance of succeeding.

On Monday, Lt. Gen. Dhahi Khalfan Tamil said on Twitter that the Palestinians should instead create a binational state in partnership with Israel, according to The Jerusalem Post.

Tamim said, according to the Post’s translation: “I suggest relinquishing the idea of a Palestinian state and being satisfied with an Israeli state that would include both Israelis and Palestinians and join the Arab League.

“Today, the Jews are heading the world’s economy. Without the Jews, you Arabs would not have known how to deposit your money in the bank.”

Tamim said that such a state would ultimately become Arab majority and Arabs would “rule the state, just like it happened in South Africa.”

He also tweeted, according to the Post: “We should not treat Jews as our enemies. We should treat them as cousins with whom we have a controversy over land inheritance.”

Dubai security chief: Palestinians should ‘be satisfied with’ binational state | Jewish Telegraphic Agency

@Legend @Scorpion

I actually agree with him that a binational state is the preferred solution, but does he know Israel is against that very strongly?

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
I checked his Twitter he did not say such a thing. You are quoting an Israeli mouthpiece who is known for its truth twisting. I would suggest you go over his tweets to know exactly what he said. I have no time to post about that now maybe later.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
I checked his Twitter he did not say such a thing. You are quoting an Israeli mouthpiece who is known for its truth twisting. I would suggest you go over his tweets to know exactly what he said. I have no time to post about that now maybe later.

Do you have a link to his twitter account?

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
@Dhahi_Khalfan

With all due respect, he is saying these things and worse. My problem is I don't believe Arabs have a singular voice. He is not representative of Arabs, and the people of the UAE are not obligated to take positions other Arab states take. In one tweet, he wants a coalition with Israel against the 'enemies of the East and West'. I'm not sure if this reference to Iran or Sunni Islamists, but from my perspective, his country is welcome to form any coalition or ties with Israel. Just keep the Palestinian issue out of it, and don't try to obligate other Arabs to follow lead. There are Arabs who will agree with this, there are those who won't.

By looking at his tweets, he is not mentioning Palestinians anywhere, it seems all of his points where related to Jews and Arabs as a whole, and the Israeli website did twist his statements by implying he was insinuating the Palestinians, which doesn't seem to be the case here. It seems these tweets were sparked by the 19 Yemeni Jews who left to Israel. For unknown reasons. He seems to be embarrassed by this, I am embarrassed that Arabs allows themselves to be propaganda tools for Israel. These Yemeni Jews will be used as cannon fodder by the Ashkenazi Jews ruling Israel and be put on frontline.

sarvar_preus

Reactions
95 1 0
Country
Germany
I recall i saw this on the Pakistan defense forum months ago and some frenchy got smart with me and accused me of being an Iranian (i just lived there for a while on work if any of you are wondering). my response is the same however.

backstab-zone.jpg