Emerging Trends | World Defense

Emerging Trends

ProShell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
What do you think are the major trends in the global economy right now, projected into the first quarter of 2015?

So far, I can attest to the fall in petroleum prices, which has contributed to the decline in value of the major oil producing countries' currencies. This has been felt most powerfully in Russia and Nigeria.

Are there any other trends apparent to you ladies and gentlemen?

drc65

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
  1. The Japanese economy will recover from the recession this year, or at least grow by 2%
  2. Deflation will occur in the eurozone by February
I'm expecting at least one to be true.

ProShell

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I think that the rate of growth in Japan might not speed up as much as you would expect, but there is a big likelihood that there will be deflation in the Eurozone.

Based on the number of unemployed youth in the EU and the flagging economy, that is quite likely.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
What do you think are the major trends in the global economy right now, projected into the first quarter of 2015?

So far, I can attest to the fall in petroleum prices, which has contributed to the decline in value of the major oil producing countries' currencies. This has been felt most powerfully in Russia and Nigeria.

Your expectations are quite right but i believe at some point the oil prices might also begin to rally up.

Kamarsun1

Reactions
15 0 0
Country
USA

China is on the rise both in economics and in military weapons. I have noticed more Chinese people coming to America, and I'm sure they have many deals with the american government to assist with that. I see china moving into the top slot soon, as far as economics.

krazyman

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
USA
Oil is cyclical - the price of oil will rebound (usually as we move into the spring) and will return to the price of $3.00+ per gallon in the U.S. just in time for summer vacation. This happens nearly every year.

China is on the rise both in economics and in military weapons. I have noticed more Chinese people coming to America, and I'm sure they have many deals with the american government to assist with that. I see china moving into the top slot soon, as far as economics.

Working in the field of education you see more and more people from the East coming to the U.S. for educational purposes. They were not considered "smart" enough to receive education in China but come to the U.S. and are students of promise academically. They are Dean's list or High Honors students who make contributions to the U.S. Educational system but unfortunately (for the U.S.) receive their education and head back home to make a living. Can't fault them for that - I would want to be with my family as well.

petesede

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
Oil is cyclical - the price of oil will rebound (usually as we move into the spring) and will return to the price of $3.00+ per gallon in the U.S. just in time for summer vacation. This happens nearly every year.

Working in the field of education you see more and more people from the East coming to the U.S. for educational purposes. They were not considered "smart" enough to receive education in China but come to the U.S. and are students of promise academically. They are Dean's list or High Honors students who make contributions to the U.S. Educational system but unfortunately (for the U.S.) receive their education and head back home to make a living. Can't fault them for that - I would want to be with my family as well.

This is the same thing that happened to Japan in the 1980s.. and it will repeat itself in China. Everyone is worried now about China the same way that we were worried about Japan in the 80s. Here is how it plays out. Like you said, a lot of people will come to the USA for education, and then return to China. And at the same time a middle class is developing in China. Both of those two groups are going to start demand change in China, be it environment, educational opportunies etc.. All of those things that we take for granted in the USA, the Chinese gov´t is going to be forced to provide. And when that happens, the price of everything, including labor in China is going to rise and THEN they are going to join the world economy equally. It is the same thing that happened to Japan, once they had to worry about domestic and social issues in their economy, their competitive advantage disappeared literally overnight. China will not have cheap labor forever, their middle class will demand social change.

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
We can only hope for a recovery, however weak it may be, in the Japanese economy. Such troubling performance in one of the world's major economies is a damper on global development.

I also suspect oil will still continue to fall, but I doubt it would decline throughout the year. The price of oil must reach equilibrium at some point in the mid-future.

zenfive

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Switzerland
Yeah I agree with the fact that the EU will be facing some issues over this coming year, should be interesting to see how they handle it, and also what happens with Greece (if they choose to move out of the EU or not). Not entirely sure how likely that really is, but I suppose it's something to look out for.

As for Japan, I also agree that this year they might finally move towards positive growth.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Gas price to decrease.
China economy to be slowing down while the rest of the Asian countries to continue boost in their economy to even supersede that of China.
US economy to continue to recover and stabilises.
Improvement on wars, less of them.

weepforsweep

Reactions
3 0 0
Country
USA
I believe the gas price will still drop until a certain point. Europe will slowly get worse and Russia will be in panic mode.