FBR Announces A New Tax System for Imported Car Parts | World Defense

FBR Announces A New Tax System for Imported Car Parts

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
1571673272656.png

The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has decided to do away with the system of clearing inbound automotive parts on weight basis. In the coming days, custom duties and other taxes on the imported automotive parts will be imposed on per unit basis.
Earlier this month in Karachi, PAAPAM representatives held a meeting with senior FBR officials lamenting the losses incurred to the national exchequer due to the current system.

After the meeting, FBR directed its Evaluation Directorate to shift to unit-based system for clearance of imported automotive parts by rendering changes in the weight-based system.
The new system will come into effect from the next month which will help raise billions in taxes.
The Pakistan Association of Automotive Parts and Accessories Manufacturers (PAAPAM) has lauded the FBR’s decision saying the adoption of new system will help the country on the economic front.

Source : FBR Announces A New Tax System for Imported Car Parts

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee @AliYusuf @aliraza @!eon Any comments on this new policy's effect on car prices ? As i don't know the rates, i can't comment but this statement "which will help raise billions in taxes. " ,i believe this will make cars even more expensive

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
@Khafee @AliYusuf @aliraza @!eon Any comments on this new policy's effect on car prices ? As i don't know the rates, i can't comment but this statement "which will help raise billions in taxes. " ,i believe this will make cars even more expensive
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, lets see how long it lasts.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
The rich get richer, the poor get poorer, lets see how long it lasts.
A corrupt, failed society. Seriously, a trash corolla (considered a LUXURY and God of cars here), costs around 3.6 Million PKR. Use market is even higher after a couple of years/decades. On the other hand, UAE/USA, heaven to buy real luxury cars at cheap price, can't afford a new? Buy a used one at almost half price.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
A corrupt, failed society. Seriously, a trash corolla (considered a LUXURY and God of cars here), costs around 3.6 Million PKR. Use market is even higher after a couple of years/decades. On the other hand, UAE/USA, heaven to buy real luxury cars at cheap price, can't afford a new? Buy a used one at almost half price.
The problem lies with how car manufacturers are regulated.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
The problem lies with how car manufacturers are regulated.
I know this system "KHEP", big industries like Indus Motors, Honda Atlas, even they use this at a huge scale, import OEM, parts, assemble them, sell them. Don't properly pay taxes to FBR so-called "Taxes ki waja se gari mehngi hai", a unit costs around 8Lacs, keep 16-18 Lac Profit on a single car, INSANE... Very INSANE.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
I know this system "KHEP", big industries like Indus Motors, Honda Atlas, even they use this at a huge scale, import OEM, parts, assemble them, sell them. Don't properly pay taxes to FBR so-called "Taxes ki waja se gari mehngi hai", a unit costs around 8Lacs, keep 16-18 Lac Profit on a single car, INSANE... Very INSANE.
But this would affect second hand parts importers. Like engine and gearbox importers. Till now it was easy for a poor guy to change the engine on a 40 years old car.
They aren't decreasing govt expenses, which are the actual culprits and putting more more burden on poor man.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
But this would affect second hand parts importers. Like engine and gearbox importers. Till now it was easy for a poor guy to change the engine on a 40 years old car.
They aren't decreasing govt expenses, which are the actual culprits and putting more more burden on poor man.
Shahana un necessary spendings....

aliraza

Reactions
753 30 0
Country
Pakistan
thisnis to help the rich class as all high performance cars r lighter in weight
or maybe another theory is to be fuel efficient so it might be pushed to buy loghter efficient cars rather then prados with 2 ton body but 3.0 engine doesn’t make sense at all