Fnss’ brand new SABER 25mm turret successfuly completes firing qualification tests | World Defense

Fnss’ brand new SABER 25mm turret successfuly completes firing qualification tests

Lieutenant

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
2,409 25 0
FNSS’ BRAND NEW SABER 25MM TURRET SUCCESSFULY COMPLETES FIRING QUALIFICATION TESTS

FNSS’ Brand New SABER 25mm One Man Turret successfuly completes firing qualification tests on FNSS PARS 8×8 Infantry Fighting Vehicle.

SABER is a new generation one – man turret that can be deployed on wheeled and tracked armored vehicles and designed by taking the modern combat conditions and customer demands into consideration. The firepower of the turret consists of a 25mm automatic cannon and 7.62mm machine gun.

The design of the project has been started in November 2013 with the support of TUBİTAK (The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) and the qualification and the firing tests have been completed in June 2015 after realization of the prototype production.

The long range firing tests of the SABER Turret mounted on FNSS Pars 8 x 8 vehicle have been conducted on 22 – 26 June in the firing test field of the Ministry of Defense located in Konya Karapınar District. During the tests, static and moving firing is conducted to the targets located at a range of 600 m to 1500 m. The targets are hit with high hit rate and all tests are completed successfully.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
When I first read it, and saw 25mm, I immediately thought of .25's. That just didn't make sense when used with the word "cannon". I'm familiar with 7.62s. I used to own an SKS. Well, I looked up a 25mm caliber bullet. Now, calling it a "cannon" makes a lot more sense. THEY'RE FREAKIN' HUGE!

25mm.jpg