Ford Mach 1 Electric SUV Looks Like a Mustang Shooting Brake in New Teaser | World Defense

Ford Mach 1 Electric SUV Looks Like a Mustang Shooting Brake in New Teaser

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Ford Mach 1 Electric SUV Looks Like a Mustang Shooting Brake in New Teaser

ford_mach_e.0.jpg

Ford's upcoming Mustang-inspired all-electric SUV has been teased once again ahead of its official debut on November 17 at the 2019 Los Angeles auto show. A teaser showing the EV's sleek profile hints at a swoopy look and taillights taken straight from the Mustang. Like most electric SUVs, Ford's Mustang-inspired model has a roofline that descends quickly and there appears to be a small spoiler mounted on the roof, too. The front end, however, appears to take cues from the GT350 and GT500 based on the shape of its headlights.

Thanks to its more rounded exterior, the Mustang-inspired SUV looks more car-like, with curves that eschew the upright two-box design language that dominates the SUV landscape. Just based on what we can see here, this looks more like a Mustang shooting brake or wagon than the BMW X6 ripoff we were originally expecting. Earlier this year, Ford released the first teaser of its Mustang-inspired SUV, which showed us the vehicle's very Mustang-like rear end. The EV will have a range of 300 miles on a single charge when it goes on sale in 2020, according to the Blue Oval. Originally, Ford planned to call its Mustang-inspired electric SUV the Mach 1. It then backtracked on that, saying it just wanted to gauge public response. Now, reports suggest the Mach 1 name is back on. We'll find out next month, we suppose.

More EVs will be added on top of the Mustang-inspired SUV. We reported last year that Ford intends to leapfrog Toyota by releasing a range of SUVs that include hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and all-electric powertrains. Ford has partnered with EV startup Rivian and will use the company's skateboard platform as the basis for a future SUV or truck.

How do you guys feel about electric future? I don't want the manual transmission to disappear. With electric, that will sadly be the case. Electric vehicles are coming in fast. I don't mind SUV's, CUVS, Trucks and Luxury Sedans going electric. However, sports cars should remain ICE/Hybrid. Thoughts?

Last edited:

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
How do you guys feel about electric future? I don't want the manual transmission to disappear. With electric, that will sadly be the case. Electric vehicles are coming in fast. I don't mind SUV's, CUVS, Trucks and Luxury Sedans going electric. However, sports cars should remain ICE/Hybrid. Thoughts?

Electric and smart cars is the future in developed countries, there are no (or one) gears to shift in electric vehicle.
Even in under developed countries manual gear shift will be limited to heavy / larger vehicles. Smaller vehicles would be automatic.

I also used to be in love with manual car but ever since i switched to automatic, there's no going back.

Falcon29

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,042 14 0
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Electric and smart cars is the future in developed countries, there are no (or one) gears to shift in electric vehicle.
Even in under developed countries manual gear shift will be limited to heavy / larger vehicles. Smaller vehicles would be automatic.

I also used to be in love with manual car but ever since i switched to automatic, there's no going back.

Yes I know electric cars have one gear. Some performance ones have two, like the new Porsche Taycan. I wouldn't mind having an electric car like that, but it starts around 150,000 US dollars, lol.

I have only been driving automatics and I want a sporty manual car for the fun of it. I never experienced it and want to. Once I am done with school I will look at my options. Manual can be tiring in traffic, but I'm young still and I don't think it will bother me. I am totally fine with the DCT automatics seen in sports cars or luxury cars. The thing is that they are expensive to get in. Normal torque converter automatics aren't the best, imo.