Hello From Karachi | Page 3 | World Defense

Hello From Karachi

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
"Alone" = Painted your self in to a corner / Shot yourself in the foot = A majority held hostage by a minority.

Some tough decisions need to be made.
What Ur take should Pak support Ghani? When his own legitimacy is doubtful and being PTM pattron in Cheif.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
After PDF its feel nice here as no paid cyber cells of irani,indians here posting their BS propaganda (Bus Allah karyy PTI walo ki bhi nazar na pary handsome sy ziayda usky supporters ko bardasht karna mushkil hai koi PTI wala par ly tu dil par naa lainaa .Pure 110% civilian from Karachi.Proof???agar police walaa bike par pakkar ly tu mujhe 50rs dy kar jaan churana parti haii .Love to discuss on topics until it remains respectful with intention of listening and learning from other point of view
Hey welcome. I have a few questions that I believe someone that is aware of ground realities would be able to answer.

How do you feel about large appartment complexes over the slums that could be subsidized by the government. To make the city look better and provide basic living standards to people. Those could include markets on ground levels and schools etc. Something like the buildings in soeul, Korea.

image_listtop_2018_607078_1538110195.jpg

unnamed.jpg
ApartmentsInSeoul051379274071.jpg

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Welcome to the forum.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hey welcome. I have a few questions that I believe someone that is aware of ground realities would be able to answer.

How do you feel about large appartment complexes over the slums that could be subsidized by the government. To make the city look better and provide basic living standards to people. Those could include markets on ground levels and schools etc. Something like the buildings in soeul, Korea.

View attachment 12938
View attachment 12939View attachment 12940
Issue is in recovering this cost. The standard of living, of S.Korea and Pak is worlds apart. Unless it is given free, and then maintenance subsidized dont think it will happen.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Issue is in recovering this cost. The standard of living, of S.Korea and Pak is worlds apart. Unless it is given free, and then maintenance subsidized dont think it will happen.
Yes, I meant to say that. Wouldnt their upbringing be positive on the economy in general? Most people thet would be shifted can be trained to work in those complexes as electricians, plumbers, cleaners, gardeners, security, teacher, retail, tailors, waste management etc. They should and should be able to sustain themselves in theory.

I believe it should be done in a small controlled environment and the outcomes tested. If it produces a positive outcome (which I think it will because it would be its own ecosystem) then it should be applied to all the low levels of population. Not just in Karachi but all the cities in Pakistan but Karachi needs it first.

Members your thoughts?

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Don't bother about him he is melting ice under Sun in coming days temp going to raise more (it demand an detail article too considering Afghan culture and Taliban approach )

What Ur take should Pak support Ghani? When his own legitimacy is doubtful and being PTM pattron in Cheif.

Inshaallah will give my input in detail soon as not feeling so well these days fearing the worst today had plan for testing for Covid but Allah ka shukur feeling much better now

View attachment 12938
View attachment 12939View attachment 12940

Last edited:

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Don't bother about him he is melting ice under Sun in coming days temp going to raise more (it demand an detail article too considering Afghan culture and Taliban approach )

Inshaallah will give my input in detail soon as not feeling so well these days fearing the worst today had plan for testing for Covid but Allah ka shukur feeling much better now
Let's do a mini test right now before you expose yourself by going to a hospital.

1.Have you been out of the province within the past month?

2. Have you come into contact with anyone that has been exposed to cornoavirus?

3.Have you come into contact with anyone that has had symptoms of cornoavirus?

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
ANswer to question 1 is no but YES for 2 and 3 as my work is kind i have to meet daily over 100 peoples (was involve in some social work ) .so far no breathing problem but light fever,always feel tiredness ,weakness and pain (mostly headache but sometime in body too ) thats y worried esp bcoz of my parents ,was in self quarantined .Today Allah ka karam feeling much better but if that problem persist better do covid test for the safety of other members of family
Let's do a mini test right now before you expose yourself by going to a hospital.

1.Have you been out of the province within the past month?

2. Have you come into contact with anyone that has been exposed to cornoavirus?

3.Have you come into contact with anyone that has had symptoms of cornoavirus?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Yes, I meant to say that. Wouldnt their upbringing be positive on the economy in general? Most people thet would be shifted can be trained to work in those complexes as electricians, plumbers, cleaners, gardeners, security, teacher, retail, tailors, waste management etc. They should and should be able to sustain themselves in theory.

I believe it should be done in a small controlled environment and the outcomes tested. If it produces a positive outcome (which I think it will because it would be its own ecosystem) then it should be applied to all the low levels of population. Not just in Karachi but all the cities in Pakistan but Karachi needs it first.

Members your thoughts?
Its not that I agree with you 100%, but I appreciate your out of the box thinking. I genuinely reward creative ideas in real life too.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I have some knowledge and experience of building houses. I did a lot of research and study but the idea didn't go anywhere. Unike in some countries land availability is really not an issue in Pakistan. Outside city boundaries one can have a plenty of land available for cheap.

I was actually interested in working on a housing project in Jamaica with my cousin. The idea was very simple:

The government guaranteed 80 percent loan for anyone who held a job and was registered in the tax network.
Prefabricated housing kits were brought in from China and the land was purchased by the developer.
I found out from China that one can build a one room house complete with electrical and plumbing for around $10000.something like this :

The land preparation for services was the biggest cost but again it was doable and still make some profit.
I then found out that Jamaica is as corrupt as Pakistan and I pulled out. We even had the plans to build a resort again with a prefabricated structures but this time imported from Canada. This was our location:
we were going to build on the right side over the hill.

We are working with this company on our project here in Canada. we are building a resort and cottages but they are very expensive.

So yes your idea is very good and it is perfectly doable. Only thing I am worried about is creating ugly , crowded and crime infested ghettos like in Latin America and NY.
but yes this can be done cheaply and efficiently with the high rise buildings.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I have some knowledge and experience of building houses. I did a lot of research and study but the idea didn't go anywhere. Unike in some countries land availability is really not an issue in Pakistan. Outside city boundaries one can have a plenty of land available for cheap.

I was actually interested in working on a housing project in Jamaica with my cousin. The idea was very simple:

The government guaranteed 80 percent loan for anyone who held a job and was registered in the tax network.
Prefabricated housing kits were brought in from China and the land was purchased by the developer.
I found out from China that one can build a one room house complete with electrical and plumbing for around $10000.something like this :

The land preparation for services was the biggest cost but again it was doable and still make some profit.
I then found out that Jamaica is as corrupt as Pakistan and I pulled out. We even had the plans to build a resort again with a prefabricated structures but this time imported from Canada. This was our location:
we were going to build on the right side over the hill.

We are working with this company on our project here in Canada. we are building a resort and cottages but they are very expensive.

So yes your idea is very good and it is perfectly doable. Only thing I am worried about is creating ugly , crowded and crime infested ghettos like in Latin America and NY.
but yes this can be done cheaply and efficiently with the high rise buildings.
Yes that's what I was worried about too. Somthing like the Soviet buildings. That's why I "came up" with the idea of those locations having their own ecosystem. Meaning not just homes but also jobs are provided and they would ofcourse have police, clinics, and fire stations. Which would provide when more jobs.

I believe if you keep the people busy and they have a way of earning income then no sane person would dive into crime. The reason why those places you mentioned are ghettos is because they people have no jobs. They are discriminated and jobless, ofcourse that would kick in the survival of the fittest feelings. Which makes them do anything they can to provide food on the table.

At the end of the say we do what we do to feed yourself and provide a roof over our head. Look around you and that's what everyone is doing. No matter what kinda fancy name you give it.

That's why I believe the ghetto situation would be avoided by encouraging that ecosystem.

Here is what I have in mind. This is based on top of one of the slums near the port. Getting rid of this would greatly improve the image of the city in that area.

Green===parks near the water
Blue ===mid/high rise appartments
Red====main roads where most commerce would be based.

I didnt fill the whole map but I believe everyone gets the idea. The sad part is that soeul was based on Karachi and now we are talking about basing Karachi on soeul.

20200514_151527.jpg

Btw this whole plan is based on the idea that Karachi is under competent governance and not PPP, MQM etc.

I wish Karachi to be the Tokyo of south Asia and middle east.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
ANswer to question 1 is no but YES for 2 and 3 as my work is kind i have to meet daily over 100 peoples (was involve in some social work ) .so far no breathing problem but light fever,always feel tiredness ,weakness and pain (mostly headache but sometime in body too ) thats y worried esp bcoz of my parents ,was in self quarantined .Today Allah ka karam feeling much better but if that problem persist better do covid test for the safety of other members of family
Do you get seasonal flu/allergies during this time of year?

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Bro,
Do you have any shortness of breath?
Do you have any samsung device with oximeter Of S health?

Keep an eye on your O2 levels, Covid is a silent killer, you never know you have it and then suddenly within minutes you end up on ventilator with critical illness