Hey guys

Joe Shearer

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
India
Yes sir I am referring to two different people. Sorry forgot to add and ......
No problems, chief.

BJP supporter? I though he is fond of Riaz Sb. I am talking about the person who has this habit of not quoting directly.
Yep. That is the man. Intellectually of the first rank, but with totally warped views: I am baffled how the two can co-exist.

We met each other electronically; I finally got to see him in the flesh long afterwards. That first electronic meeting was on PTH, PakTeaHouse, a truly magical platform, where one got to talk to the best Pakistani intellects, although largely (not wholly) of a liberal persuasion. We were a small clique of Indians among the larger number of Indian members who put in a lot of discussion and debate on the partition of India and the events themselves. The result was that six or seven of us became great fans of M. A. Jinnah, who was arguably the finest specimen of public personality in south Asia in those years, ranking with Gandhi, perhaps ahead of Nehru and Patel, surrounded by dwarves in the Muslim League, people frankly not of his level. YLH, of course, has every minor detail of Jinnah's life and thoughts and writings by heart, and he became the leader of the debate. As you know, Jinnah insisted that he should be the Sole Spokesman for Muslims in British India (that was also the title of Ayesha Jalal's brilliant and controversial book about him). Our friend, SoulSpokesman, is joking about that; if Jinnah is the Sole Spokesman for the Muslims, YLH is today the Sole Spokesman for Jinnah, and this person the Sole Spokesman for YLH. He calls himself, even in public, Hanuman to YLH's Ram, much to YLH's intense discomfort.

He is not only fond of Riaz Sahib, he is a personal friend. I myself don't much care for Riaz Sahib, as it happens.

Actually, he is the chap who introduced jbgt90 to me. He is a rich Parsi with a passion for biking who lives in Pune.

This forum will grow with presence of members. Or may be you can stay here, check the environment and then invite people? I have no contacts for Pakistanis and it won't be ethical to invite them here on another forum.
I will not do something unethical such as canvassing, but informing people I know that I am more here than anywhere else is not unethical, I believe; after that, it is for them to express interest.

You had another Indian brilliant poster who went missing ....... don't remember his Id I think it started with P
You must have Parikrama in mind. He is sadly out of touch. He was in touch with both jbgt90 and me, but has fallen off the edge of the Earth.

jbgt90

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
India
Welcome to the forum @jbgt90 ..what does your nick means ? if, i may ask
Jbg are my initials , T90 being the tank my father was closely associated with in procurement .

jbgt90

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
India
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a "corporator" ?
They are what you might call Municipal Councillors. Most start their carriers beings corporators then go to being MLAs or MPs.

jbgt90

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
India

Khafee

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
They are what you might call Municipal Councillors. Most start their carriers beings corporators then go to being MLAs or MPs.
So in the next elections we might be looking at you as an MLA candidate? Which party, if I may ask.

jbgt90

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
India
So in the next elections we might be looking at you as an MLA candidate? Which party, if I may ask.
I would have to take a sabbatical from work but i am standing as an MP canididate from the congress.

Khafee

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
I would have to take a sabbatical from work but i am standing as an MP from the congress.
When modi rolled in to power, on rhetoric, I was personally very upset, and disappointed. Not only at how people got fooled, but at Congress's feeble attempt to counter him.

You have given us very good news, If we could vote, you would definitely have every vote from this forum.

Pleasure having you on board Sir!

Artesh

Reaction score
Country
Iran
Well been on a lot of different forums , heard this was a good one , so here i am !!!:)
Father of three , have a military (somewhat) background. Been in politics for the past twenty odd years. Could go on but dont want to bore people here. :)
Hi (Namasteh in Indian?),

So, if i guess right, you must be +45 years old, am i right? (Just Yes / No).

Anyway, Welcome to forum.

and if i may know, which unit? what rank ?

jbgt90

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
India
When modi rolled in to power, on rhetoric, I was personally very upset, and disappointed. Not only at how people got fooled, but at Congress's feeble attempt to counter him.

You have given us very good news, If we could vote, you would definitely have every vote from this forum.

Pleasure having you on board Sir!
The congress judged the mood rightly ,there was a lot of anger among the people due to scams , they knew they would not return to power after 10 yrs of rule , scams had tainted the UPA 2 (though most of them happened in UPA1) .
The brand management by the BJP was great , better then any thing the congress could come up with . And i personally think the upper leadership thought it would be best if someone else ruled for a while .

jbgt90

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi (Namasteh in Indian?),

So, if i guess right, you must be +45 years old, am i right? (Just Yes / No).

Anyway, Welcome to forum.

and if i may know, which unit? what rank ?
Hi mate,
I will be 45 in two years, when i said i have a military background (somewhat) its because i followed in my fathers footsteps and joined the IA , went to NDA (92 batch) but left due to a personal tragedy six months before i graduated, I then went to pursue my engineering in REC Allahabad , then my masters in IITB , and recently my MBA from ISB hyd.
Yes all my batch mates are now colonel or majors. And i am kept up to date by them :)

Khafee

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hi mate,
I will be 45 in two years, when i said i have a military background (somewhat) its because i followed in my fathers footsteps and joined the IA , went to NDA (92 batch) but left due to a personal tragedy six months before i graduated, I then went to pursue my engineering in REC Allahabad , then my masters in IITB , and recently my MBA from ISB hyd.
Yes all my batch mates are now colonel or majors. And i am kept up to date by them :)
Aray mian, home town of Amitabh! wow!

Joe Shearer

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi mate,
Why didn't you mention your recent assignment? Is that confidential?

jbgt90

THINK TANK
Reaction score
Country
India
Why didn't you mention your recent assignment? Is that confidential?
No sir its not .
I am now an additional director with the Reserve Bank of India .