Homeless Children Caged in Philippines for Security of Pope | Page 2 | World Defense

Homeless Children Caged in Philippines for Security of Pope

Bread

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
As previously stated, a sad reality in our country. To be honest I didn't know about this until this thread caught my attention. As for being caged, I don't know how all of them were placed there, but as far as I know, sleeping on the streets and begging is a jail-able offence in the Philippines. Also to the people pointing out that we have large churches, that's exactly the problem here. The catholic church goes against every suggestion the government says when it comes to family planning and child policies.

Truth of the matter is that the country can no longer accommodate this much people. We're not an industrialized country, we have no jobs to give these people and yet, in a country of poverty, those in the lower half of the social status bar are the ones with more children and more faith in god. They always think that if they pray, god will help them, without doing anything for themselves. The church is equally to blame as the government for letting this happen. The Philippines is just the type of place, where even the church and the government is two-faced.

RingoBerry

Reactions
13 0 0
Country
Malaysia
DSWD to summon NGOs on ‘caged’ street kids
This is definitely going to be a big fuss over this. Apparently they did the exact thing when Obama visited the Philippines last year. Now the Social Welfare division of the government is summoning the people that told the papers about homeless children being caged. It's absurd how they tried the same thing a second time and assume no one will say anything about it.

14212616044686_700.jpg

Last edited:

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I do not know if you guys saw the article on the Daily Mail. It is said to be measures taken to protect Pope Francis for his upcoming visit -- probably to maintain the face of a "cleaner" and "wealthier" Manilla.

This has been going on for weeks, and these kids have no rights -- no real warrant justifying arrest, no education, no entertainment. Kids as young as five years old are taken and some are sexually abused.

Excerpt:

This is not the way to fix the problem of homeless children crowding the streets, I'm sure we agree.

Full link: Homeless children CAGED in Manila to keep the streets clean for Pope Francis Philippines visit | Daily Mail Online

In poignant scenes, Mak-Mak – an abandoned child with no ID – at first seen frightened but then beamed with delight as charity workers told him he was being taken from his caged pen to children's home in the countryside. 'Are there toys there?' was his first question.

Read more: Homeless children CAGED in Manila to keep the streets clean for Pope Francis Philippines visit | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
You know what? The Pope is suppose to be a messenger from The Great Omnipotent God. He has the responsibility to be a mediater to the world regardless of the type of people he's associated his self with. In the scripture, Jesus congregated with murders, liars, thieves, and whoremongers. He explained that He didn't come for the Holy but He came for the unholy. He conversated with demons and exclaimed that us, Humanity, have the ability to tell a Mountain to move and it shall move. In Genesis, God gave us dominion over the earth. When understanding the scriptures in the Spirit, what makes it acceptable to judge who is and who isn't a living sacrifice to God almighty? No one knows who will or won't go to Heaven and no one has seen the wonders thereof. For all we know, the Pope is riding on a flaming horse and gasoline soaked robe straight into the Lake of Fire.

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
DSWD to summon NGOs on ‘caged’ street kids
This is definitely going to be a big fuss over this. Apparently they did the exact thing when Obama visited the Philippines last year. Now the Social Welfare division of the government is summoning the people that told the papers about homeless children being caged. It's absurd how they tried the same thing a second time and assume no one will say anything about it.

14212616044686_700.jpg
This type of image is grotesque and abusive. I was a house mother for two years and never could understand why people could mess over children and treat them any kind of way. This child is tied to some type of pole and is crying. Shame on it all!

ClassyTulip

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
As previously stated, a sad reality in our country. To be honest I didn't know about this until this thread caught my attention. As for being caged, I don't know how all of them were placed there, but as far as I know, sleeping on the streets and begging is a jail-able offence in the Philippines. Also to the people pointing out that we have large churches, that's exactly the problem here. The catholic church goes against every suggestion the government says when it comes to family planning and child policies.

Truth of the matter is that the country can no longer accommodate this much people. We're not an industrialized country, we have no jobs to give these people and yet, in a country of poverty, those in the lower half of the social status bar are the ones with more children and more faith in god. They always think that if they pray, god will help them, without doing anything for themselves. The church is equally to blame as the government for letting this happen. The Philippines is just the type of place, where even the church and the government is two-faced.
Yes, you're correct. The Church, the Philippine Government, and the Catholic Congregation is to blame for these cruel acts. The Church has the obligation to protect the sanity and the humanity of the Congregation in reference to the Word of God and the true steps it take to fulfill the daily living in accordance to being in the Faith. The Philippine Government has the responsibility to treat their citizens equally fair and understand the multi social- economical levels with in their country as to not being an overbearance to the already poor struggling citizens. The Catholic Congregation has the responsibility to enact a more personal cognitive answer to a already poverty stricken situation. They will have to understand that The Pope is and never will be GOD. They have to understand that God gave us a brain to think with, a mouth to speak with, and eyes to see. They must believe that setting positive examples, such as helping the homeless wholeheartedly, will set a chain reaction around their country and produce change. I do, however, disagree with you when you mention the many kids and not enough jobs because at the end of the day, where their is struggle and controversy, there is business to create jobs.