Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hundreds protest Islamic law in Australia

3277093d-0049-43d3-b36d-c93aa0eee587_16x9_600x338.jpg

Protesters attend a “Reclaim Australia” rally to oppose religious extremism in Sydney on April 4, 2015. (AFP)​

By AFP | Sydney
Saturday, 4 April 2015
Protesters waving Australian flags and carrying signs such as “Yes Australia. No Sharia” rallied around the country on Saturday in events organisers said were against Islamic extremism.

The “Reclaim Australia” events drew hundreds of supporters but also triggered counter-rallies from other groups who criticised them as racist and called for greater tolerance.

“We are pro-Australian values and anti-extreme Islam, but we’re not anti-Muslim,” Reclaim Australia spokeswoman Catherine Brennan told AFP, adding there was no racism behind the rallies, which she said had attracted people from diverse backgrounds.

“Since when is it being racist to love your country and to love the values and culture that you’ve been brought up with?”

Reclaim Australia’s John Oliver told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation that the group was “not against any particular race or any particular religion”.

“We’re against the extremists of one particular religion,” he said.

“I know in Sydney and Melbourne they’ve got Muslims already signed on to attend because they can see what’s happening and they don’t like what’s happening.”

In Sydney, hundreds braved the rain to rally in Martin Place, near the site of a deadly siege in which a lone gunman inspired by the Islamic State group took customers and staff hostage in a cafe in December. Two people, and the gunman, were killed in that incident.

“We have an extreme ideology called Islam which is starting to gain a foothold in our societies,” one speaker told the event, in which one person held a home-made sign reading “No Islam. No Sharia. No Halal”.

In Melbourne, tensions between competing protesters led to scuffles, with police on horseback forced to form a barrier between the groups, and reports paramedics treated several people for injuries.

And in Queensland, former politician Pauline Hanson defended the rallies, which on its website Reclaim Australia said were against sharia law and the burqa and in support of gender equality.

“We have people here today who stand against racism. So do I,” Hanson said.

However, rival protesters called the Reclaim Australia rallies anti-Muslim.

“Events like theirs incite racism and violence against Muslims,” Clare Fester, who organised the counter-protest in Sydney said in statement.

“Their attacks on Islam imply that anyone who is a Muslim is violent, supports terrorism and is anti-woman. This in an attempt to target all Muslims with classic racist stereotypes.”

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/world/2015/04/04/Hundreds-protest-Islamic-law-in-Australia-.html

That shows how intolerance non Muslims are. Muslims should cut all relations with these kind of countries, impose oil and economic embargo, or raise oil prices and use gold for oil instead of the dollar so that the scums go back to using bicycles, coal trains and turks. These people who were behind bloody wars all over the world and through out history now speaking about violence.

JPB_003

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
USA
I find it very interesting how quickly the word racist is thrown around for things like this. Sure, there are racists in the crowd, but saying you don't want to be under a totalitarian religious rule is now racist? I agree with Bill Maher, you can't be tolerant of intolerance if you want to consider yourself a liberal (A lot of people who would counter-protest this are self-diagnosed liberals).

vegito12

Reactions
41 0 0
Country
New Zealand
This is happening due to fear, or thinking anyone who is a muslim is bad and need to be away from them and it is sad to see how people are misguided by this and causes fear and leads to violence as it has happened quite a lot. The rally was more about, them trying to have the law work for them and not really about promoting equal laws in the country as it was looking like in the picture. I reckon, that it is going to take time to really understand different races and also it is not fully understood when we have advanced forward in the modern world.

Rowe992

Reactions
40 0 0
Country
Belize
I am in agreement with the protesters to show their disgust with Islam extremists and wanting to ensure that their country don't become overrun with these sick nutjobs who kill in the name of religion. It is like Islam has become a disease that has infested the minds of people and pushing them to commit all sorts of atrocities. How can a religion that supposedly promotes peace, bring about such violent followers?

Reactions
17 0 0
Country
Sweden
This is happening due to fear, or thinking anyone who is a muslim is bad and need to be away from them and it is sad to see how people are misguided by this and causes fear and leads to violence as it has happened quite a lot. The rally was more about, them trying to have the law work for them and not really about promoting equal laws in the country as it was looking like in the picture. I reckon, that it is going to take time to really understand different races and also it is not fully understood when we have advanced forward in the modern world.

What does protesting Sharia law has to do with islamophobia? No people should have to live under religious law. Especially not such a cruel law as Sharia.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
What does protesting Sharia law has to do with islamophobia? No people should have to live under religious law. Especially not such a cruel law as Sharia.

Does Australia apply Sharia law? I don't really understand what hurts you when Muslims eat Halal food or Muslims women covering their hairs? Who are you to tell people what should they do or not? Jews also eat Kosher food and some of their women cover their hairs. Dare to speak against that because you be able as anti-semitic as soon as you do.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
“Since when is it being racist to love your country and to love the values and culture that you’ve been brought up with?”
BRAVO! Why are we not saying this in America? We are constantly being branded with some derogatory title every time we complain about our culture being stomped on, or our borders being breached! Time to reclaim what is ours as well!

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Does Australia apply Sharia law? I don't really understand what hurts you when Muslims eat Halal food or Muslims women covering their hairs? Who are you to tell people what should they do or not? Jews also eat Kosher food and some of their women cover their hairs. Dare to speak against that because you be able as anti-semitic as soon as you do.
When did he say ANY of that? Who cares what people wear on their heads, or what they eat, as long as they don't try to force anyone else to wear or eat certain things? You chose to bring the Jews into it, so tell me when the Jews have tried to impose their religious beliefs on the rest of the world? When have the Jews slaughtered other ethnic groups, purely because they believed in a different god? Only Muslims will tolerate Sharia law!

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
When did he say ANY of that? Who cares what people wear on their heads, or what they eat, as long as they don't try to force anyone else to wear or eat certain things? You chose to bring the Jews into it, so tell me when the Jews have tried to impose their religious beliefs on the rest of the world? When have the Jews slaughtered other ethnic groups, purely because they believed in a different god? Only Muslims will tolerate Sharia law!

When in Australia Muslims tried to impose their religious beliefs on other. Show me just one single evidence to that utter non sense post of yours.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
When in Australia Muslims tried to impose their religious beliefs on other. Show me just one single evidence to that utter non sense post of yours.

"In Sydney, hundreds braved the rain to rally in Martin Place, near the site of a deadly siege in which a lone gunman inspired by the Islamic State group took customers and staff hostage in a cafe in December. Two people, and the gunman, were killed in that incident.

Why not read the above story that you have been commenting on?!?

“We have an extreme ideology called Islam which is starting to gain a foothold in our societies,”

Scorpion, you need to have some respect for other people! I am tired of seeing you jump on mine and other posts on this forum, and spew hatred and anger. I couldn't care less if you disagree with me, but you need to disagree respectfully, like the rest of us do!

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
What a bullcrap,as if there will ever be Sharia law in Australia.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
"In Sydney, hundreds braved the rain to rally in Martin Place, near the site of a deadly siege in which a lone gunman inspired by the Islamic State group took customers and staff hostage in a cafe in December. Two people, and the gunman, were killed in that incident.

Why not read the above story that you have been commenting on?!?

“We have an extreme ideology called Islam which is starting to gain a foothold in our societies,”

Scorpion, you need to have some respect for other people! I am tired of seeing you jump on mine and other posts on this forum, and spew hatred and anger. I couldn't care less if you disagree with me, but you need to disagree respectfully, like the rest of us do!

What has ISIS got to do with Islam. All Islamic organizations, scholars, governments, followers of Islam have all condemned ISIS, reject them and their ideology and described their actions as an innovation with no bases in Islam or Islamic law. My country is part of the US-led collation against ISIS in Iraq and Syria. Jordan lost one of its pilot who was later burned alive by ISIS. All Arab and Muslim countries march the street in solidarity with France for the attack on Paris Magazine. We condemned the attack that took place in Australia as well. My country is the birth of Islam who suffered many Al-qaeda attacks (whom you supported one day), stood in all international gatherings against ISIS. In fact Saudi Arabia is the founder and the sole funder of the UN anti terrorism center. Not to mention that my country also is the founder of the international inter-faith inter-cultural center in Geneva. You know nothing kid.

Saudi Arabia condemns terror attack on Paris magazine - Politics & Economics - ArabianBusiness.com

When a psychopaths that happens to be a muslim commits a crime we see the whole western media typical label " Islamic terrorism'' but when Muslims were the victims like what happened in Carolina the attacker suddenly becomes psychopath and we see no media coverage of the news, condemnation, people marching the street whatsoever. So please spare your non sense. Those who do this are nothing but haters and racists.

Here is an example of your kind.

Islam has nothing to do with extremism. Islam is not new. It has been there since 1400 years and have coexisted with others in peace and harmony. Muslims conquered Spain for 800 years and if there was anything of any sort against other beliefs, religion background race or ethnicity you wouldn't see Christians, jews..etc living today in Spain, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, Palestine and beyond....the list goes on.

It isn't my problem that you are filled with hate and bigotry. You can speak all you want but sorry I'm not going to allow you to disrespect my religion or insult my intelligence.

ISIS are not different that GWB and his supported. All have political agenda. The US came and fucked Afghanistan and Iraq upside down, sides beside Israel against helpless unarmed people who have killed, kill and still killing innocent people including children. It so fast that you forget Israel attack on children school in Palestine that resulted to killing of many children. Israel Imprisons children by the day, building settlements..etc and that is violation to the UN agreement. Not to mention the US crimes against humanity all over the word.

Where did I disrespect you or disrespect others. This is an international forum and entitle to my opinions. You are in position to dictate on or impose your views on me. Its you and others who are jumping up and down insulting Islam every now and then.

thegrey

Reactions
37 0 1
Country
USA
Enjoy your rants scorpion...I'm sure you always do. -8D-If a tree falls in the forest.....

T-123456

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Turkey
I am in agreement with the protesters to show their disgust with Islam extremists and wanting to ensure that their country don't become overrun with these sick nutjobs who kill in the name of religion. It is like Islam has become a disease that has infested the minds of people and pushing them to commit all sorts of atrocities. How can a religion that supposedly promotes peace, bring about such violent followers?
Islam is and was the same all along,its some so called ''Muslims'' that did some stupid things in the name of religion,so we blame the religion.
By your logic,we should call Catholicisism a pedofile religion because some(many) priests had sexual intercorse with many many children.
Its human nature to be stupid so blame it on humans instead of the religion,just name the persons,their race,their country of origin but forget naming the religion.
You might ask why,well its easy to answer';ever heard of a Malaysian,Indonesian,Turkish,Turkmen,Ghanean etc do something stupid like mentioned?
So,its not the religion but the people,just call them out.
In my country(Turkiye) these nutjobs have no chance,so my advise to you;try another approach instead of religion.
Btw,im not a religious person.

TinVanMan

Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
I don't know that this is racist, but it certainly seems like extremism. It is strange that a place can say their culture is the only one allowed in their country. Nationalism has become a huge problem. It was the cause of much of the Pacific war during WWII and is now making a huge comeback. Trying to tell people they can't live according to their own culture is what fascism is about and I don't agree with it. If they break an Australian law, charge them. If they simply want to live in a different way than what a certain group says is "Australian culture," let them.