Identity Dominance System waits to be improved | World Defense

Identity Dominance System waits to be improved

HeliArmy

Reactions
14 0 0
Country
France
Marine Corps System Command kicks off the IDS (Identity Dominance System) 2, in order to answers the Nay and Marine Corps needs. The U.S. Navy and Marine Corps are the triers of the program, and it allowed them in the past to find someone who manipulated a cache of explosives found in 2011.

The intent? They want to fingerprint as many persons as possible to collect data, and tie it with facial, iris, hand, tattoos, marks, scars, birthplace, nationality, age, weight and name data. It is intended to associate each of these information with a profile, so they can target betters some terrorists persons that may get buried inside the civilian population.

The improvement they seek? Tie it with voice, DNA, palm print, hand geometry, and other things. Also, doing and collecting these informations at longer distance.

Source: Military looks to upgrade its “tactical biometrics” with Identity Dominance System 2 | Ars Technica

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I can see the benefits of this but I've just got that voice in my head screaming "big brother is watching you" which is ironic considering the amount of CCTV cameras there are on the streets of the UK.

It's quite ambitions what they want to do and like I said I can see the benefits of this but I can also see a lot of people calling to block it due to privacy concerns and possibly human rights breaches. I find my self asking though that if this all goes ahead then what will be the successor of this system? Every person having a microchip installed into them?