India Is Building a Top-Secret Nuclear City to Produce Thermonuclear Weapons, Experts Say | World Defense

India Is Building a Top-Secret Nuclear City to Produce Thermonuclear Weapons, Experts Say

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
I wonder how Indians take this. A nuclear city to produce thermonuclear weapons, by golly, is that more important than clean energy and food production? Why not embark on a Babylon garden that has all the vegetables and fruits that are needed by the people for healthy living? Why create something that kills life instead of prolonging life? Well, clearly that is the folly of man.

moeller321

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
It is interesting that India would pursue nuclear weapon development, India has positive relationships with most nuclear capable countries therefore nuclear deterrence is not necessary. I would be surprised of this plan went through considering the cost might slow India's rapidly growing economy.

UnslaadKrosis

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
India
First of all, this sounds like a complete hoax to me. A thermonuclear capable India is certainly feasible, but as of this moment, highly improbable. And secondly, India has always had pretty good relationships with all the other Nuclear powers (except Pakistan), and in its history, has never, ever initiated a war, (unless a war had been declared against it first). So I don't think that the other countries would really mind that much even if it got its hands on Thermonuclear weapons. I mean, India is the fastest growing global superpower as of now.

explorerx7

Reactions
37 1 0
Country
Jamaica
Is this necessary? I don't believe this is a wise move. India is developing at a fast pace, however, there is still many areas of the economy that needs considerable attention. I believe that a country ranked 134 on the Human Development Index would be better served if most of the resources earmarked to acquire conventional weapons be directed towards human and infrastructural development. I don't see any great military threat towards India at the moment, so I believe that the greater nuclear armament ambitions can be put on hold for a while.

SapnaTheBaller3

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
USA
As others have mentioned, why India? India is consistently growing in the right direction and I wonder if this decision is even worth the effort. I haven't followed up much on this nor have I really heard much about it so I'm hoping this is some sort of coax and/or something that they simply thought about but no action towards.

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
It is interesting that India would pursue nuclear weapon development, India has positive relationships with most nuclear capable countries therefore nuclear deterrence is not necessary. I would be surprised of this plan went through considering the cost might slow India's rapidly growing economy.

India is already a nuclear power.

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Yeah, India is already a nuclear power and it already has thermonuclear weapons. It has 3 kinds of weapons actually:
(1) Thermonuclear Device
(2) Fusion boosted Fission Bomb
(3) Fission Plutonium Bomb

Actually, I know a few people who don't like it, but there is nothing "secretive" going on anywhere. They make it sound like it is. It's a military facility so obviously no one is allowed near it. But there are other methods of detecting activity from space. So, everything else is false.

Also, this was just a news item planted with the motive of derailing some big uranium related deals, which have gone through since then.

Plus, India has the world's largest reserves of Plutonium. But, India does not see any use for a thermonuclear weapon other than using it as a deterrent.

SirJoe

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
0 0 0
Country
Portugal
Well it sort of predictable what will happen next. It won't be long before you hear the same news from Pakistan. Why do the need it them?
If India is already a nuclear power why wast the money on more nuclear weapons?

djdefense

Reactions
32 2 0
Country
India
Well it sort of predictable what will happen next. It won't be long before you hear the same news from Pakistan. Why do the need it them?
If India is already a nuclear power why wast the money on more nuclear weapons?
The "top secret" city they're talking about is a civil nuclear power generation hub for which the people supplying uranium and other materials include Australia, US and Russia. The reason why it's protected by the military is because chances of sabotage are high. This is going to be the ultimate power generation hub for the vast continent that is India. Sabotage would result in a catastrophe bigger than most nuclear attacks. And India has a lot of enemies, so its better to be safe than sorry.