India to surpass China as most populous country within 7 years | Page 2 | World Defense

India to surpass China as most populous country within 7 years

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Hovering around 95% of all corn in the USA is GMO. It genetic material is carried by the winds and it infects other normal corn, and that becomes GMO corn as well. It's like a virus that infiltrates other strains of corn. You might not use chemicals, but the likely hood of your corn being GMO is very high, if not most likely.

Oh and by the way. Majority of the products bought in the supermarket are made of corn by products. So you are getting GMO products whether you know it or not. Soy beans, potatoes, and anything containing wheat, is GMO. You eat a lot of bread? GMO.
The cheapest grocery store near me is a Sav-a-Lot about 30 minutes away. I have been buying my meat solely from them for several months, now. I don't eat a meal without meat. So, basically, every night for months I have eaten meat form their meat department. I know a girl who used to work there. She started to tell me how nasty their meat dept really was. I stopped her because, frankly, it hasn't made me sick yet. Same with me not watching the video about how my favorite fast food chicken nuggets are made. Why would I want to ruin my favorite foods? About 15 or so years ago, the FDA increased the amount of cow dung Mcdonalds can legally have in their meat patties. I loved their plain cheeseburgers before that. Now that I know what I know, I won't touch their burgers. As nasty as it may be where our food is being prepared, it isn't any worse than it was before. People just aren't as ignorant to the processes as they were in the past. I enjoy eating. I love good food. In this situation, I embrace not knowing. Where I get my corn is from the dairy farmer down the road. He uses it to feed the cattle, but he doesn't grow field corn. He grows the good stuff. He doesn't do GMO. If, by some fluke, its contaminated with GMO, I'm gonna have to go with "ignorance is bliss". Same with the farmer's market.

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1 0
Country
USA
Totally off subject with this one, but it is our right to know what we are consuming. GMO and other unnatural additives are addictive as they stimulate the pleasure sensors of the brain. If someone tells me that they are increasing the amount of cows crap in my patties, I would want to know. Ignorance is not bliss, you just enable the problem and the people that are trying to kill you and possibly your children.

In retrospect, if they are using our tax dollars to kill innocent people in the middle ease, I would want to know about it. If they are using that money to start a war in Iraq, I would want to know about it. If they are spend my money on introducing us to unnatural foods that make us sick and eventually get us hooked on drugs supplied by pharmaceutical companies that give them kickbacks, I demand to know about it.

The problems with this country is the lies and cover ups that the US Governments implements and praying that the American public listens to all of the BULLSH*T and not question it. Ignorance and turning a blind eye is not an answer to anyone's problem.
I don't advocate ignorance on any other subject. But I've worked in Deli's, fancy restaurants, fast food, even the kitchen at a retirement home. I know what happens to food before it gets to our dinner plates. I worked with an extremely overweight guy at Sonic. He got caught sticking his hand down the back of his pants to scratch his butt, and immediately afterwards taking a handful of crushed oreo cookies out of the box. How many people do you suppose got an oreo blast before he was caught? He used to also make "lottery burgers". He would pick a single patty cooking on the grill and pour a ton of salt and spices on it. It goes into the pan with the other patties, so no one knows who got it. It terrifies me that i may have eaten something like that when I've gone out to eat. But when you order your food you have to take it on faith that these things didn't happen to your dinner. Without that faith, you'll never be able to go out to eat again. In the past year I have eaten at Mcdonalds once, and steak and shake once. Otherwise, I either cook or get a fresh made frozen pizza from the gas station down the road and egg rolls once in a blue moon. You can see him pull it out of the freezer, unwrap it, and cook it. So, regarding food I get fresh from the farmer's market, my garden, or the neighbor if I can't have faith in it, I'm out of options. I won't buy anything that is GMO. If it gets to the point that I can't trust the farmers around here anymore, I'll live off cucumbers, tomatoes, and radishes, and whatever else is in my garden.