JF-17 Released on Digital Combat Simulator World DCS | World Defense

JF-17 Released on Digital Combat Simulator World DCS

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Deka Ironworks has released the latest module “ DCS: JF-17 Thunder ” of DCS World, a flight sim platform for PC .

This module is based on the JF-17 (FC-1) single-engine fighter jet jointly developed by China and Pakistan, developed based on the J-7. A fighter that flew for the first time in 2003, the cockpit has three large MFCDs, and the aircraft is equipped with a diverterless supersonic inlet, fly-by-wire, KLJ-7 radar, and RD-93 engine . The introduction countries are Pakistan and Myanmar. Armaments can be equipped with C-802AK and CM-802AKG ground-to-ship missiles and WMD-7 targeting pods, including LS-6 and GB-6 guided bombs. JF-17 is a jointly-developed aircraft between China and Pakistan where information is not readily available.

348735.jpg

348736.jpg

348732.jpg

348734.jpg

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
This fighter jet surprised me, I never thought I'd enjoy flying it, it was a really good experience. And the SA Page is a sophisticated tool, and it really reduces the workload

Regardless of the gun issue and the navigation system and its limitation.

All things considered, It's a good choice for PAF

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Block III comes with HOBS missiles. Wonder if DCS will include that and PL-15. Initially the SD-10 range was really good, then it appears to even things out for the Western fighters, they reduced its capabilities a bit. That is where it parted with reality due to bias.

Another point is that the actual capability of the JF-17 is not fully disclosed. It is well known that PAF has increased the thrust on the RD-93, at a cost of lowering its lifetime and also added single crystal blades and other upgrades. Thus, it appears more underpowered on DCS than the real deal.

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
This fighter jet surprised me, I never thought I'd enjoy flying it, it was a really good experience. And the SA Page is a sophisticated tool, and it really reduces the workload

Regardless of the gun issue and the navigation system and its limitation.

All things considered, It's a good choice for PAF
navigation system? whats yr issue with that?

its gun is designed for strafing, thats why its pointing downwards.

Slam Eagle

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
30 0 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
navigation system? whats yr issue with that?

its gun is designed for strafing, that's why it's pointing downwards.

Yeah about the navigation system, It's just too complicated to add some waypoints. And I heard that the navigation system in JF-17 is quoted from civilian aircraft which is unexpected, the bottom line is I know it's a low-cost fighter, but come on! It's a fighter jet after all.

About the gun issue, it's canon and I really don't like it, I wish if it was Gatling.

And only 150rnds! It's a really annoying and unsatisfying weapon. Besides the fact that I have to feed the gun, I know it's a matter of a few seconds but from my perspective, the gun should be reliable, rapid and of course enough ammunition in storage.

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Yeah about the navigation system, It's just too complicated to add some waypoints. And I heard that the navigation system in JF-17 is quoted from civilian aircraft which is unexpected, the bottom line is I know it's a low-cost fighter, but come on! It's a fighter jet after all.

About the gun issue, it's canon and I really don't like it, I wish if it was Gatling.

And only 150rnds! It's a really annoying and unsatisfying weapon. Besides the fact that I have to feed the gun, I know it's a matter of a few seconds but from my perspective, the gun should be reliable, rapid and of course enough ammunition in storage.
Haha yr the first person that i heard saying its navigation s quoted from civilian aircraft....its not true! As for waypoint nav. its always a little complicated. This a/c and its avionics are designed to operate with preflight planning ie mission planning. Thats how modern a/c these days mostly work.

But they had changed/upgraded its navigation system some time ago.

You can watch them and can learn more about it.

As for gun!
Its a Gun NOT designed for Air to Air warfare, rather for Air to Ground Strafing. This is why gun feed takes time to load just like its air to ground munition does when u select/load it. the FCS of this aircraft treats its gun same as it does with its other A2G munitions!

In modern A2A warfare these days Airforces around the world use A2A missiles, Gun fighting is no longer practiced that much in ACM/WVR/Dogfight scenarios anymore! So thats why its gun was designed from day first for strafing only! Now problem in DCS community is that they r mostly used to of using Guns in a dogfight as the a/c and their modifications in DCS World is of Cold War era ie F15C, F16C Block 50 etc etc

These variants of these a/c are no longer used in the world by most first world airforces anymore. USAF is for example is updating its F16C/D to CM/DM versions.

JFT is by contrast is a modern fighter from early 2000s it comes with the modern Aerial Warfare concepts and avionics too in DCS......it has infact introduced a lot of new concepts in DCS community like MFDs, full glass cockpit, datalink, way point nav. Air to Ground radar etc etc so much so that they had to update their own Hornets, F15, 16 with these concepts too in DCS since last year when JFT was introduced!

Blackbirdz!

Reactions
218 7 0
Country
Pakistan
here is a recent update;

Here is for example Hornet's waypoint Nav. video....This concept came to DCS AFTER JFT introduced it in DCS.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
SU-25 came with my steam edition, is A-4e free? where to get free planes for the game?
Community A-4E-C - ED Forums a4forum

Community A-4E Project I think this is the a4 download maybe, I don't remember

Proper dcs mod/terrain downloads
free mods include and can be downloaded from eagle dynamics website, DONOT BUY A PLANE YET BECAUSE DCS IS FKINN HARD TO PLAY.
F-22
su57
A4e
Rafael