Lithuania detains Air Force officer on charges of spying for unnamed country | World Defense

Lithuania detains Air Force officer on charges of spying for unnamed country

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Lithuania detains Air Force officer on charges of spying for unnamed country

Prosecutor’s Office says a number of suspects detained with Air Force officer among them may have been interested in the Zokniai air base which NATO uses for so-called air police mission

1077361.jpg

Military base in Lithuania
© AP Photo/Mindaugas Kulbis​

VILNIUS, December 31. /TASS/. Lithuania has detained several persons on charges of spying for an unnamed country, the Lithuanian Prosecutor’s Office said on Wednesday. One of the detainees is an Air Force officer.

“Among those detained there is an Air Force officer who might have passed secret information to another country,” the PGO said. “Prosecutors and criminal police are currently carrying out the necessary procedural formalities.”

The suspects were detained in the city of Shauliai. In the first place they may have been interested in the Zokniai air base, which the NATO allies have been using since 2004 for the so-called air police mission. NATO countries’ contingents take turns every four months.

TASS: World - Lithuania detains Air Force officer on charges of spying for unnamed country

Dez97

Reactions
10 0 0
Country
USA
Wow its the United States Espionage era all over again. I hope it doesn't get as bad as it did back then with the communist and all again.

joshua minaya

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Wow personally i don't really subscribe to espionage i believe in being faithful to your country is always the best approach in the long run

musicmonster

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
I wonder what is their motive behind this. But it is definitely something worth it to research on. The US is very strict about this whole spying issue but it's ironic when they too are doing the same lol. Mostly to their own people. Hence, the NSA. lol

diprod

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
3 0 0
Country
Philippines
I sincerely hope they are not spying the US. It is going to be a real regret on their end. The UN is indeed not lenient in this kind of actions.

Gelsemium

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Portugal
These days it's totally confusing to know who is on whose side. I mean, he belongs to the Lithuanian Army, but at the same time is spying to who? Anyone can approach him and offer him a big amount of money, sometimes it's hard to say no.