Madrasa Student passes CSS exam securing 6th Position in KPK

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
This CSS-Qualified Madrasa Student is Changing Perceptions in Pakistan

Dreams do come true if you put in the hard yards and adopt a never give up attitude. For some, achieving their dreams is easy, for others, it isn’t. Maaz-ur-Rahman, a Madrasa student from KPK, is an epitome of fulfilling dreams with sheer hard work.

Changing perceptions in Pakistan is not an easy task, and neither is clearing Central Superior Services exam, however, Maaz has done both thanks to his self-belief and persistence. He is the son of an Imam and a religious scholar, who was overjoyed on hearing the news of him clearing CSS.

For many of us, Madrasa students are no good. They are non-playing characters in the world and are treated as third-grade citizens for some reason. Maaz has defied all odds and has been allocated to the Pakistan Police service after securing the 67th position in CSS 2019.

Due to financial issues, Maaz got admission in a Madrassa in Mansehra after his F.Sc. After completing his Hifz-e-Quran, he completed his BA. However, financial issues didn’t allow him to continue his studies and he once again got enrolled in a Madrasa for Dars-e-Nizami where he spent 6 years. Alongside his religious studies, Maaz cleared his MA Arabic from Islamia College Peshawar.

Maaz didn’t know what CSS was until a friend of his suggested him to try his luck for civil services, he revealed in an interview for a local TV channel.

During my journey, I was stubborn and I continued my efforts. In my third attempt, I secured 67th position (6th in KPK) in Pakistan.

In response to a question regarding perceptions around students of the religion and how it can be changed, Maaz said:

Zarvan

Reactions
682 12 0
Country
Pakistan
Stop sending CSS guys in Police Force. In Police any one who has BS honors or MA or M Phil degree should be able to join as officer and should be able to go on top most position as IG and those with degrees in science should be inducted more. Also dozens of forensic labs should be established around Pakistan and investigation section should be separate from rest of the Police with officers trained in forensics and other techniques who do the investigations.