Navy SEALs set to open to women, top admiral says | Page 2 | World Defense

Navy SEALs set to open to women, top admiral says

Redheart

Reactions
Country
USA
Yes, well it was just a matter of time since women passed the test to become rangers. It is one of the things that the navy must do to follow suit. I think if they are capable of doing the work and passing the fitness requirements they should be allowed to be rangers or seals.
By the way the two female rangers who graduated from ranger school can not serve by the fellow rangers in actual combat yet. It most likely will take a while before combat roles are opened up.

As for the Navy's readiness to allow women into their elite unit, they haven't yet set a date for it. Who knows how long it will take. A year? Maybe longer?

LilAnn

Reactions
87 1
Country
USA
So long as the recruits can do what is required of them, I don't see why the gender matters. The important thing is that standards remain the same. Letting someone slip by will lead to horrible consequences.
I agree! Cutting a female some slack is sending her out unprepared. She won't be as equipped as necessary to protect herself or the rest of her team. If women are so much weaker than men, they won't make it through the training, anyway. I don't see how this isn't a win/win.