North & South Korea News, Updates & Discussions | Page 5 | World Defense

North & South Korea News, Updates & Discussions

cassandra

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I really don't know what will happen but I do know that regime will not be around in the very near future. They are too weak at this point and it is noticeable enough that I believe their leader will back down at some point. He is not much like his father because he is into trends, sports etc whether he wants to believe it or not. I think he and everyone else in North Korea are just tired and ready for change. I just hope it happens soon

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I really don't know what will happen but I do know that regime will not be around in the very near future. They are too weak at this point and it is noticeable enough that I believe their leader will back down at some point. He is not much like his father because he is into trends, sports etc whether he wants to believe it or not. I think he and everyone else in North Korea are just tired and ready for change. I just hope it happens soon

Fingers crossed the change will be positive.
The top level elites in NK already bleed the lower classes dry, if it came to conflict, I think a lot more of those poor sould will be worked or pressed to death

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
It seems these days, there's less respect for leading through succession, and those inheriting power are expected to be up to the task, which Kim Jong Un doesn't appear to be. Although we're seeing displays of power and aggression, no one seems to be taking them seriously. I think it's a mistake to underestimate anyone with potential nuclear/atomic weapons capabilities, he doesn't seem to be quite as much of a threat as his father.

arthnel

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
Fat little piggy never took many lessons from smart people when his father was around. His biggest mistake is killing off everyone around him in order to maintain his position as 'dear leader'. Even family members disappear without a trace. I imagine that fat little piggy might just be taken down from the inside with all the silent growing fears and tensions.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
Fat little piggy never took many lessons from smart people when his father was around. His biggest mistake is killing off everyone around him in order to maintain his position as 'dear leader'. Even family members disappear without a trace. I imagine that fat little piggy might just be taken down from the inside with all the silent growing fears and tensions.

I was wondering what his close family/follows thought of him when he was bumping even the highest ranking ones off.
It shows a desperate person to resort to killing off people he may have felt threatened by.

Does anyone know anything hints at his personality?
I always assumed spoilt and short tempered but this is just a clutch at an idea from looking at media photos that are no doubt meant to portray him in that way.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
It will be a while before North Korea's missile technology can reach the US (in term of range). So far all they do is blowing up poor fish left and right every time they do a test. Even if they successfully developed such technology, it is not guaranteed they will be able to strike the US mainland. Their productive level will not allow them to mass produce a lot of such missiles even if they are given such technology. It is a long way from North Korea to the US mainland, the limited number of missiles can be easily intercepted and any kind of retaliation against the small North Korea will severally damage the North Korea.

One thing you can be sure, no matter how crazy the media make the Kim family look like, their priority is to hold onto their dynasty power in Korea, and maybe their final goal is to reunite the two Korea. The nukes they develop is purely for scaring off any possible invasion against them and anyone who dare to intervene. If they goal is actively seeking to destroy any country, then their own days are numbered too. Why would you want to commit MAD while you can rule over 23 million poor people and stay fat and powerful in front of them?

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
That's probably the main reason why no matter what North Korea come out with and their so far empty threats, I'm not worried by this fool in the slightest.

Any offensive action he takes would provoke a reaction that would rock the hold he's got over that country, and he's not going to do anything to ruin that.

pwarbi

Reactions
70 1 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think the only way his reign will come to an end is if it was an inside job so to speak, as he seems to have gotten everyone else towing the line and believing his BS.

As well as his personality, I'd look at who his closest allies appear to be as I'm sure he's heard and lives by the saying keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Ri Su Yong, the North Korean foreign minister, told The Associated Press in an interview that North Korea is ready to halt its nuclear tests if the United States suspends its annual military exercises with South Korea. He also warned that his country won't be cowed by international sanctions. "Stop the nuclear war exercises in the Korean Peninsula, then we should also cease our nuclear tests," he said.

For more details - North Korea to halt nuke tests if US stops drills | World, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

OursIsTheFury

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
More drama in the news, huh? Why does North Korea always have to act like an ignored child at a party, swinging and making claims and threats just so everyone would stare at him? It's pretty sad, from missiles to threats in national security, they always seem to find themselves in the middle of controversy, just so they can remain relevant in the world of politics.

Zepplin

Reactions
24 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I think they're desperate for an excuse to stop having to fake nuclear tests. The more they try the more chance they'll slip up and get caught out.

If the US back down, NK will celebrate another victory.
Are the drills meant to end soon anyway?

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
South Korea: Suspected midrange North Korean missiles fail

South Korean defense officials said that North Korea attempted unsuccessfully to launch two suspected powerful intermediate-range missiles on Thursday. That brings the number of apparent failures in recent weeks to three. The reported failures come ahead of a major North Korean ruling party meeting next week at which leader Kim Jong Un is believed to want to place his stamp more forcefully on a government he inherited after his dictator father's death in late 2011.

For more details - South Korea: Suspected midrange North Korean missiles fail | World, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Oh, banning weddings and funerals? I think those events are part of the Korean culture just like what we have here. Maybe the people will not protest since they already got used to the repressive government. That is another stab at their dignity. And why did the North Korean government banned those affairs, is it for economic reasons? Sometimes I dream that North Korea would suffer extreme hunger so its population would go mad and would effect a revolution.