Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 66 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Where is active azm thread? Didn't ACM Sohail Aman also mentioned work/research on Gas turbine under AZM Project? Are we looking at a kaveri counterpart? This requires at least 6-7bn$ investment if done from scratch unless China helps in this regards

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
So we should expect 24 new Blk 72 with another 20 EDAs + existing fleet upgraded to V std soon Inshallah.

Potentially 18-24 J-15p ?

No go on Typhoons?

Vipers - 36 New IA
Used Vipers - no news
Upgrades - no news

J15P - 24units +/-

Typhoons - Case closed for now.

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
hi

maybe i can try to answer that.

one man’s trash is another man’s treasure
so as long as the machine is functional operational able and capable, then it all depends on your utility of the machine, what you know about it and what you can get out of it.

case in point—-mirage 3 / 5’s

nobody wants to touch them with a 10 foot pole, but our love fir this aircraft is so great that we go hunting all over the world to find more if them.

so it is not what the machine can do for you, it is what you can dowith the machine
It is what you can make the machine do

Can you can make it sing and dance for you?

Brother M 3/5 was totally different scenario. We had initially bought M3 when it was front line fighter. By mid 70s it was our backbone along with F-6s. We had MRO facilities at Kamra and deep expertise to maintain and even locally modify them (lookup special air brakes designed for mirages by PAF). So it was a no brainer to add surplus units from RAAF, FAF, Libyan/Lebanese heck even SAAF during the 90s and then upgrade them.
But if you tell PAF to take on JH-7 or Tornado or Buccaneers, they will say no thank you very much. These planes are out of production for decades and PAF has zero expertise maintaining them.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Let’s discuss everyone, what possible filthy T&Cs could USA possibly attach with the POSSIBLE viper deal?
- Related to Kashmir
- Related to Chinese
- Related to CPEC (?)
- Related to Afghanistan
- Related to Turkey/Iran/ME

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
Let’s discuss everyone, what possible filthy T&Cs could USA possibly attach with the POSSIBLE viper deal?
- Related to Kashmir
- Related to Chinese
- Related to CPEC (?)
- Related to Afghanistan
Just think what could be the extreme case?

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Brother M 3/5 was totally different scenario. We had initially bought M3 when it was front line fighter. By mid 70s it was our backbone along with F-6s. We had MRO facilities at Kamra and deep expertise to maintain and even locally modify them (lookup special air brakes designed for mirages by PAF). So it was a no brainer to add surplus units from RAAF, FAF, Libyan/Lebanese heck even SAAF during the 90s and then upgrade them.
But if you tell PAF to take on JH-7 or Tornado or Buccaneers, they will say no thank you very much. These planes are out of production for decades and PAF has zero expertise maintaining them.

Hi

there is a plethora of aircraft being used that are out of production

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Just think what could be the extreme case?
- Abandon IOK?
- Handover Hafiz Saeed / others
- Related to afg border fencing
- Op against Afg talib?
- Pressurise us to continue trade in dollar instead starting yuan?
- Cancel T-129 order ?

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
- Related to Kashmir
- Related to Chinese
- Related to CPEC (?)
- Related to Afghanistan

condition is getting too volatile. Deal if it happens, delivery may never be made.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
condition is getting too volatile. Deal if it happens, delivery may never be made.
Yea, that's what comes up to my mind everytime. Trump is such an unpredictable guy, changes statements over night. Doesn't play well with anyone even closest. In easy words, doesn't give a damn about anyone until his interests are in check.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
- Related to Kashmir
- Related to Chinese
- Related to CPEC (?)
- Related to Afghanistan
- Related to Kashmir -- Stop raising kashmir issue/stop criticizing Modi
- Related to Chinese -- Roll back CPEC
- Related to CPEC (?)-- Above
- Related to Afghanistan-- Stop supporting the Talibs
- Related to Turkey/Iran/ME--Provide bases for action against Iran (if USA wants to go to war)

These are not the conditions put forward but as i said just think about the extreme...

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi

there is a plethora of aircraft being used that are out of production
I think the point he was trying to make is that buying a platform that has been out of production for a while is a very risky maneuver.