Pakistan to get F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 87 | World Defense

Pakistan to get F16 -Blk70/72

TomCat

Reactions
579 10
Country
Pakistan
The initial IRST had issues in the track part. That got solved, and now a 4th gen of the intial IRST that came in 2004 has been installed with the new Blk62 upgrades.

The MS-110 is a successor to the DB-110 and the two perform separate distinct roles.

The IRST is for A2A use, the DB-110/ MS-110 is for ground reconnaissance.

Btw a sniper pod can be very useful too in A2A

Yea, doesn't sniper pod help in A2A as well tho ?

The need of Sniper pods, BETTER sniper pods was highlighted in the prime example of Zarb-E-Azb when Turkish one was preferred over Chinese one thanks to shortcoming in the chinese one that comes as package for thunder even tho Chinese one is used and has got upgrades since at AVIC.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
5,903 263
Yea, doesn't sniper pod help in A2A as well tho ?

The need of Sniper pods, BETTER sniper pods was highlighted in the prime example of Zarb-E-Azb when Turkish one was preferred over Chinese one thanks to shortcoming in the chinese one that comes as package for thunder even tho Chinese one is used and has got upgrades since at AVIC.
With an IRST and Sniper pod, you can do 2 things at once. With only Sniper, you are rstricted to one task.

The turkish pod was prefered to the Chinese, but my question is why not Sniper?

Gripen9

Reactions
100 3
Country
Pakistan
With an IRST and Sniper pod, you can do 2 things at once. With only Sniper, you are rstricted to one task.

Most probably US did not allow sniper to be integrated with JF-17.
AselPod were specifically integrated with JF-17s

TomCat

Reactions
579 10
Country
Pakistan

- Not allowed to pair with chinese origin machines / missiles
- China has always wanted to grab Sniper, it failed, made a replica in the form of YING III

MystryMan

Reactions
86 1
Country
Pakistan
It should cost something 150-180 million per H-6 so 10-12 H-6, on the higher side all 12 will cost us $2.1 billion, we already have Cruise missiles available with us so integration may cost another $100-150 million max, final package should not cost us more then $2.5 billion but it will force India to spend tens of billion $ on her Navy, Air force and for the Air defence of her coastal region .....
So for the price of one new H-6 approx, we can raise a squadron of used JH-7AII. How about we skip H-6 for possible future H-20 induction.

HRK

Reactions
322 19
Country
Pakistan
So for the price of one new H-6 approx, we can raise a squadron of used JH-7AII.
do you really think JH-7AII price only 8-10 million ???
How about we skip H-6 for possible future H-20 induction.
it is not even operational and whenever it will become operational what do you think it would be made available for export as well ....???

MystryMan

Reactions
86 1
Country
Pakistan

it is not even operational and whenever it will become operational what do you think it would be made available for export as well ....???
I assumed 15-18 mil for used JH-7A updated to 7AII as I remember china now want to offload some units as they are inducting J-xx in no's. In context of CPC security maybe China can give us a friendly price. I'm not against H-6 but we should get medium/heavy strike jet before large bombers.

Mastankhan

Reactions
860 14
Country
Pakistan
And india has been playing well... Learning from neighbour's experiences, being the co-operator of killswitch used on us.
Hi,

One day india will fall into that trap---and then the US will have the indian ballz in their hands---then india will really know what pakistan has been feeling for decades being steered around at american will---.

Why it would happen---because indians are bigger imbeciles than us---.

Mastankhan

Reactions
860 14
Country
Pakistan

Hi,

Right now---th eposition that pakistan and china are---the price of the JH7A is basically nothinbg except for the upgrades of aesa newer EW package---buddy refuelling system and refueller probe.

My insider report says that Pres Xi asked IK---" tell us what you want "---. This was the time for the freebees but I believe IK fckd up by bringing up payment and how we are a proud nation and will pay---.

Pak could have picked up 2 sqdrn's free just for goodwill's sake and snagged many other high end products---.

Allah gives---you have have to know how to accept it---.

MystryMan

Reactions
86 1
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

Right now---th eposition that pakistan and china are---the price of the JH7A is basically nothinbg except for the upgrades of aesa newer EW package---buddy refuelling system and refueller probe.

My insider report says that Pres Xi asked IK---" tell us what you want "---. This was the time for the freebees but I believe IK fckd up by bringing up payment and how we are a proud nation and will pay---.

Pak could have picked up 2 sqdrn's free just for goodwill's sake and snagged many other high end products---.

I agree with u on IK bit. But the Air or Naval Chief need to brief him about what they need. Also the vice chair of CMC visited Pak a month or two ago. If CAS or CNS put up the request to him, it would surely get some attention. it seems PAF is interested in J15 but not JH-7.

TomCat

Reactions
579 10
Country
Pakistan
Hi,

That does sound like IK,
But isn’t this a blessing? Let GCC come to us once again for some sort of assistance and then IK will come handy

Wolf-PK

Reactions
Country
Pakistan
A quick note ...as MK said, the window of opportunity is fast closing...and in recent times, IK has acted like NS.....

HRK

Reactions
322 19
Country
Pakistan
I assumed 15-18 mil for used JH-7A updated to 7AII as I remember china now want to offload some units as they are inducting J-xx in no's. In context of CPC security maybe China can give us a friendly price. I'm not against H-6 but we should get medium/heavy strike jet before large bombers.
JH-7 role will remain limited to operation in near sea region .... it may have its merit or demerits in that role but what I am suggesting is totally different therefore currently only H-6 fit in that role

HRK

Reactions
322 19
Country
Pakistan
I assumed 15-18 mil for used JH-7A updated to 7AII
I find it really difficult to believe because any modern avionic suit up to latest standard alone would cost 12-15 million itself .... than add air frame and engine cost .....