Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 32 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Look , They can take 20 years to strategise but their planners will recognize the same fact I pointed out above i.e. the differential in max ranges of both missiles and they will use it to their advantage.On Feb 27 anyone with inside knowledge will tell you that it was part of our strategy to stay the hell away from their mirage 2000s which had been equiped with meteors. Our superior AIM 120 C-5s was the only reason we got the alleged Su30 kill. We could get closer but they could not.
There is no Meteor missile operational with IAF be it Mirage2K or any other fighter jet of IAF as far as I know

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Lmao I'm asking not making conclusions ?
I'm following thos tread from long time silently but I'm so curious which way it will go and that Why I asked lol
Nice headline: "Hit man got hit, due to grammar" |0|

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes sorry. I meant the Mica missile
As per the admission of Indian media their M2K were unable to get a lock on any of our jet just read the Indian media reports, and as our Air Chief our JF-17 performed satisfactorily against M2K for this read his interview given to Alan Warner few month back.

As per unofficial reports JF-17 sucesfully manage to get lock against both MKI and M2k of IAF, this thing get some weight by the tweet of Maj. Gen. Asif Ghafoor in which he ask Indians to pick the jet of their choice (among JF-17 and F-16) in reply to their claim that of unauthorised used of F-16.

loanranger

Reactions
105 1 0
Country
Pakistan
As per the admission of Indian media there M2K were unable to get a lock on any of our jet just read the Indian media reports,
Agreed they could not get a lock because it was part of our strategy to stay away from them. Otherwise if we were in their missiles range what would be stopping them from getting radar locks .

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
So for all intents and purposes, we either get new F-16 Blk-72s and/or F-16V upgrades...or we wait until Project Azm comes online. The solace here is that any money that they might have spent on imports goes into Azm, reducing the chances of it running into issues along the way (that money can solve).

As an interim (in lieu of fighters), I'd invest in longer ranged cruise missiles, quasi-ballistic missiles (e.g. like Iskander, but Ukrainian tech), etc.

loanranger

Reactions
105 1 0
Country
Pakistan
JF-17 performed satisfactorily against M2K for this read his interview given to Alan Warner few month back.
I think he means by that as you mentioned above that JF-17 got radar locks. There were 9 radar locks only two were given clearance to proceed. Rest is history.

HRK

Reactions
482 27 0
Country
Pakistan
Agreed they could not get a lock because it was part of our strategy to stay away from them.
Nope because of successful employment of EW asset from our side they (the pilots of M2k) specifically mention the reason of radar malfunctioning to their ground controller and the same was reported by their print media, otherwise there is no reason for M2k not to pick JF-17 as their RDY-2 RADAR have 100+ KM range (120-140 km)

Now plz read the map jet of both air forces were flying almost within 100 km or less radius

loanranger

Reactions
105 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Nope because of successful employment of EW asset from our side they (the pilots of M2k) specifically mention the reason of radar malfunctioning to their ground controller and the same was reported by their print media, otherwise there is no reason for M2k not to pick JF-17 as their RDY-2 RADAR have 100+ KM range (120-140 km)

Now plz read the map jet of both air forces were flying almost within 100 km or less radius
You are smart! No seriously this is most likely what happened.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
PL-15 with AESA seeker, has a greater than or equal to 150km range. It also has a NEZ comparable to that of the Meteor.

loanranger

Reactions
105 1 0
Country
Pakistan
PL-15 with AESA seeker, has a greater than or equal to 150km range. It also has a NEZ comparable to that of the Meteor.
Yes I was earlier making that point. JF-17 will get at par with rafale thanks to Pl-15 but what will happen to our F16s. We only have Aim120 C5s for them which have lesser legs than the meteor/Pl-15.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes I was earlier making that point. JF-17 will get at par with rafale thanks to Pl-15 but what will happen to our F16s. We only have Aim120 C5s for them which have lesser legs than the meteor/Pl-15.
That certainly is an issue. But we need to be mindful that these max ranges are the effective kinetic ranges of these missiles. Their tiny on board seekers cannot see more than 20km for a fighter sized target, which would be around 25 to 30 km for AESA seekers. All this talk about NEZ of 50km or 60km are subject to many favorable parameters and sometimes marketing hype. Real world combat merge and dense EW environment is a great leveler. US hardware are the ones which are the most understated and perform the best in actual combat.

PewPew

Reactions
309 9 0
Country
Pakistan
The PAF will obviously look to upgrade the F-16s to F-16V-standard and (finally) bring the fleet to its originally planned 110 aircraft strength (hence the rumours for new Block-72).

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Look , They can take 20 years to strategise but their planners will recognize the same fact I pointed out above i.e. the differential in max ranges of both missiles and they will use it to their advantage.On Feb 27 anyone with inside knowledge will tell you that it was part of our strategy to stay the hell away from their mirage 2000s which had been equiped with meteors. Our superior AIM 120 C-5s was the only reason we got the alleged Su30 kill. We could get closer but they could not.
Errrrrr........ :)

SU30 was armed with a version of R-27 with range almost equal to AIM120 ....... so why couldnt they get closer to score a hit ? They had equal chance.