Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 89 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Does composites automatically mean Radar Absorbent Material (RAM)? Or RAM are special type of composites?
Composites is general term, normally used when Carbon fiber is mixed with metal alloys.
RAM are special compositions. There are several RAM compositions. They work by converting EM waves into heat energy. Which is then dissipated into air through frame of the aircraft.
Different alloys are used with mixtures of nano CF and Carbon black in different RAMs.
A specific RAM can't absorb all the waves in different frequencies.

A good read would be "Carbon black", "Metal ball paint", "Ferrofluids", "carbonyl iron". Only after clearing these thing you can understand further.
RAMs of different ferromagnetic particles can be mixed inside a carbon fiber weave, but of course we have limit.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Composites is general term, normally used when Carbon fiber is mixed with metal alloys.
RAM are special compositions. There are several RAM compositions. They work by converting EM waves into heat energy. Which is then dissipated into air through frame of the aircraft.
Different alloys are used with mixtures of nano CF and Carbon black in different RAMs.
A specific RAM can't absorb all the waves in different frequencies.

A good read would be "Carbon black", "Metal ball paint", "Ferrofluids", "carbonyl iron". Only after clearing these thing you can understand further.
RAMs of different ferromagnetic particles can be mixed inside a carbon fiber weave, but of course we have limit.
So were the local achievements also made in RAM or just general composites?

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
@!eon
Does composites automatically mean Radar Absorbent Material (RAM)? Or RAM are special type of composites?

Composites are non magnetic and non conducting, alternate to the sheet metal. It's better choice to house high frequency electronic equipment, i.e. radio frequency.
These can be produced in specific shapes and sizes, are low weight, and have immaculate finish.
I expect, they should also lead to lowering production cost and increasing production quality.

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
Composites can be made positively or negatively charged, conducting or non conducting as needed.
CF itself has best conducting properties.
Composites are non magnetic and non conducting, alternate to the sheet metal. It's better choice to house high frequency electronic equipment, i.e. radio frequency.
These can be produced in specific shapes and sizes, are low weight, and have immaculate finish.
I expect, they should also lead to lowering production cost and increasing production quality.

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Indians are stupid to core just to bully Pak they miss a great opportunity having good relation with Pak and China would help india a great way both energy and economic. They begging literally to west for help in current economic meltdown in india but not ready to mend fence With Pak and China
The problem is US and Europe are big importers and cannot avoid them in the current trade scenarios. Unless the trade pattern changes it is hard to not export to US and Europe

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Hi,

I don't know where the JF17 thread went---. Awhile ago I posted my article on the Jf 17 and suggested that the gun pod may be removed and in its placee a FUEL TANK ADDED---or the rear seat removed from the BLK B and a fuel tank and OBOGS be added.

I was just watching this video on an old aircraft---it had two cannons---the swedes removed one and added a fuel tank in its place---watch the video---at around 6:00 mark---

By removing you mean not having the tandem seat.
No need to destroy what is built?
Can have versions without guns. Does not mean all planes to remove the gun?

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
@HRK Sahib,
What we had been discussing on this thread, prior to your posts, compared to what you are proposing ... is not the same issue/topic.
What you are suggesting will require revamping the very maritime/naval role core strategy of the PAF + new assets other than H-6 (to support H-6 in it's missions) + integrating missiles that we don't even have in our inventory yet.
Maybe in a another 5 years to decade something similar may become a strategy when our economy improves.
But that is my own humble opinion.
But maybe your suggestions can be discussed in detail on a separate thread by defining first what our objectives will be.
Changes suggested by HRK are not that costly

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
By removing you mean not having the tandem seat.
No need to destroy what is built?
Can have versions without guns. Does not mean all planes to remove the gun?

Hi,

That is correct---not having tandem seat---.

It is building up on it and not destroying it---. A space has been created---now its function and utility can be utilized in so many different ways never thought of before---.

The benefit of having a modular design is that you can find so many different ways to use that same space for different thing---plug & play---.

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Changes suggested by HRK are not that costly
Thank you for sharing your opinion. My point of view on the topic is well documented on this thread and I don't wish to repeat posting the same points again. So let's just agree to disagree.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Upgrades done on Norwegian F-16s are M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, M6.5 and S1 . The F-16s to be sold will come with spare parts and have atleast 1200 Flying hours.