Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 90 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Norwegian F-16s have Sniper targeting pod (target lighting equipment), helmet sight, night vision equipment, data link (Link-16), GPS and laser guided bombs, IRIS-T short-range missile, AMRAAM air-to-air missile, ALQ-131 jam pod and new radar. They can fire Penguin Antiship missile.

In addition, these F-16s can fire Small Diameter Bomb (SDB). This is a GPS-guided 110kg bomb with low explosive power and high impact accuracy which therefore reduces the risk of accidental damage to the environment.

These 57 F-16 have to be retired around 2021/2022, and the F-16 Block 10 will be retired first.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
I mentioned the S-1 upgrade which is a software upgrade. These F-16's are now on the final part of the M6.5 upgrade. Then only S1 remains to be completed by 2019. The M6.5 and S1 upgrade brings night capability, somewhat altered information display in the cockpit as well as ADS-B OUT to meet civilian regulatory requirements.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Composites can be made positively or negatively charged, conducting or non conducting as needed.
CF itself has best conducting properties.

Composites are made up of fiber/ fabric and mineral resin, in comparison to steel metal, composite are non conducting.
There use is common in aircraft frame parts buildup, which other wise require machining, welding or expensive machines to produce with sheet metal. etc.
You can see them being used on /around dashboards of expensive cars, due to their finish and decorative character.

Here's a big piece of composite used in jF-17, replacing various sheet metal panels. I'll check if i can find more pictures from other manufacturers.
1572451554518.png

Reactions
37 0 0
Country
USA
Thank you for sharing your opinion. My point of view on the topic is well documented on this thread and I don't wish to repeat posting the same points again. So let's just agree to disagree.
Yes I read it and your concerns while valid, are over magnified. I agree to disagree

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
:)

I asked you if you are Batman from pdf, you never told me but now I know you.

Composites are made up of fiber/ fabric and mineral resin, in comparison to steel metal, composite are non conducting.
There use is common in aircraft frame parts buildup, which other wise require machining, welding or expensive machines to produce with sheet metal. etc.
You can see them being used on /around dashboards of expensive cars, due to their finish and decorative character.

Here's a big piece of composite used in jF-17, replacing various sheet metal panels. I'll check if i can find more pictures from other manufacturers.
View attachment 11624

Last edited:

TsAr

THINK TANK
Reactions
3,227 74 0
Country
Pakistan
A composite material is one composed of two or more components combined in a way that allows the materials to stay distinct and identifiable. Both components add strength to a composite, and the combination often compensates for weaknesses in the individual components.

Even ancient civilizations made composites prime example are mud bricks, where mud was added with straw to give it more strength.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Now you are telling me that composites are made up of fiber. Which fiber ? :)
I wrote fabric /fiber and mineral resin. I don't have another name for it.
I have seen the worker making composite parts inside an aircraft production factory.
I have posted (million dollar) picture of parts made of composite materials, non of them is conductor, actually those can be classified as insulators.

Last edited:

!eon

Reactions
426 10 0
Country
Pakistan
I wrote fabric /fiber and mineral resin. I don't have another name for it.
I have seen the worker making composite parts inside an aircraft production factory.
I have posted (million dollar) picture of parts made of composite materials, non of them is conductor, actually those can be classified as insulators.
Why are you rude? Please share your knowledge. How we can know which fiber to use when you don't tell us? There are millions of fibers out there.
Can we take just polyester fiber?

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Why are you rude? Please share your knowledge. How we can know which fiber to use when you don't tell us? There are millions of fibers out there.
Can we take just polyester fiber?
Check your post you know already.. you even defined it's molecular structure.
Good bye. You are on my ignore list.