Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 135 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Khan-e-Khanaan

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
51 0 0
Country
Pakistan
So any new F-16s will take a decade to come. Well that kills the sense of urgency then. We need the vipers now. Let's hope there is a plan B.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
The best scenario remains that we upgrade our existing fleet to Block 70 standard... it will be a rather quick job possible within a year or two. Turks can help us do the job quickly. I know for sure Pakistan is very hesitant to send their F16s to the US because of the fear of embargo.
But the million dollar question is why would Americans in deep economic trouble and bad relationship with Turks will allow any such modifications to take place there ....

that means we must send planes to the USA and that it self is a scary thought....
Why not other way around upgrading them at Kamra?

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
We have no facilities and Americans will never expose their latest methods and technology to the prying eyes of China.... not to mention with their deteriorating relationship with China they will make even more outrageous claims .... so be prepared . Such as F 16 must wear a mask and a diaper to hide both ends ....

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
The best scenario remains that we upgrade our existing fleet to Block 70 standard... it will be a rather quick job possible within a year or two. Turks can help us do the job quickly. I know for sure Pakistan is very hesitant to send their F16s to the US because of the fear of embargo.
But the million dollar question is why would Americans in deep economic trouble and bad relationship with Turks will allow any such modifications to take place there ....

that means we must send planes to the USA and that it self is a scary thought....
Agree PAF cant block few existing bird with American (we all know history track as well)

Secondly if somehow put on board turks it cheaper option (but usa will not allow)

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
My point if F16 are decade or plus away, it simply wast , deal without sence.
In dacade time countries start inducting 6th generation jets in there fleet we will adding new F16 4 generation, (PAF babas dream and love when theu were young)

Total nonsense most probably 3 presidential election in between that time, so any us government can block then, we will waste 10 to 15 more years just dreaming PAF babas dream machine. ASTAGFARULLA

When this nonsense love of F16 will go out of PAf.
Move on BAba jees move on.

Dont go for multiple plateform, but go for any one that available in reasonable time induct it. Its not fanboy wise it our demand as pakistanis.

We want safe and stronger pakistani for our next generation.

My opinion PAF should kickout all BABS jees which still cant get out of F16 phobias. Give each one a scaled f16 toy with motor in it.

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Problem is that we don't have any hi tech jet in our line. Zoro AESA redar jet. 18 f16 block 52 out of that 10 are duble seaters, we can use them with uncle sam permission.
What else remaining 7PG, Mirages 5/3, our 60 plus thunder of block 2, and offcouse baba jees Old F16s
With these inventory you want spend next one decade or above
Waoo waooo slow clap for PAF think tanks..

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Solid point of view, but my point that

Thunder block 3, already late still just one test of prototype

New F16 seem more the decade away for inductions

Project may take dacade and half to fly prototype (if lucky)

Then what we going to do till ten, fly shadi wally video drones?

How did you come about with the decade timeline? If we get the deal done which I believe will have a mix of new + EDA. @Khafee alluded to 60+ number, we should see the EDA within a year and new birds within 2 years time frame.

In the meanwhile , if things escalate, there are options available at emergency basis which @Khafee has stated (not here).

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
How did you come about with the decade timeline? If we get the deal done which I believe will have a mix of new + EDA. @Khafee alluded to 60+ number, we should see the EDA within a year and new birds within 2 years time frame.

In the meanwhile , if things escalate, there are options available at emergency basis which @Khafee has stated (not here).

On the basics of this shared article they already booked till 8 years or so

F-16 production takes off at Greenville facility with finalized contracts
stlbeacon.org - 5/23/2020
[IMG]
A little over a year since Greenville’s Lockheed Martin Corp. facility welcomed its first production line, the aerospace manufacturer remains on track to introduce South Carolina’s first F-16 Fighting Falcon within two years — with some potential new customers in the works.

See the full article at stlbeacon.org

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

Lets wait and see how many. Due to corona, things are very fluid. But a tentaive 2yr time frame seems reasonable.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
We have no facilities and Americans will never expose their latest methods and technology to the prying eyes of China.... not to mention with their deteriorating relationship with China they will make even more outrageous claims .... so be prepared . Such as F 16 must wear a mask and a diaper to hide both ends ....
That's true but they can go some extent against China they still need Chinese money to float.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
My point if F16 are decade or plus away, it simply wast , deal without sence.
In dacade time countries start inducting 6th generation jets in there fleet we will adding new F16 4 generation, (PAF babas dream and love when theu were young)

Total nonsense most probably 3 presidential election in between that time, so any us government can block then, we will waste 10 to 15 more years just dreaming PAF babas dream machine. ASTAGFARULLA

When this nonsense love of F16 will go out of PAf.
Move on BAba jees move on.

Dont go for multiple plateform, but go for any one that available in reasonable time induct it. Its not fanboy wise it our demand as pakistanis.

We want safe and stronger pakistani for our next generation.

My opinion PAF should kickout all BABS jees which still cant get out of F16 phobias. Give each one a scaled f16 toy with motor in it.
If waiting time is 10yrs which I doubt they can extend production line then better western option is F35 or EF

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
No no it doesn’t work that way. You can always adjust production rate and facilities depending on the orders and demands. No one buys things in ten years times. We are talking about the military hardware so it’s now and very soon.