Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 181 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
One fan boy on PDF actually send email to LM PR department asking about F16s V for PAF? What is reality? I don't know what they answered him amazing

D:-DD:-DD:-DD:-DD:-D

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I once emailed Richard Aboulafia regarding his analogy of F-16 shooting down JF-17 in 3 seconds, and actually got a reply.

Come on Bro! He is an Analyst, who makes money by yapping. OTOH LM is a multi billion $ corp, that specializes in def eqpt. Big difference.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
U r just going off of baseless assumptions. It costs money to disrupt the production line and start customization...it costs more money if u r not going to mass produce the customization that is made. So if US is going to swap out the radar only for Pak's F16s...it will be a needless massive expense(keep in mind the labor costs in US are not cheap). Considering that US will be massively subsidizing these through CSF...why would US want to foot the bill for an unnecessary expense? If US wanted to block the SABR radar for Pak...the simple solution is to not sell block 70 to Pak.

Exactly and this why they have done this:

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Exactly and this why they have done this:
I think he was trying to confirm APG-83.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
I think he was trying to confirm APG-83.
Actually, first he said no AESA for PAF, then from there he went to APG-79, FROM there he is now at National Guard Vipers for PAF.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
So it seems @Khafee is saying it will be commoditized latest F-16s. About the best thing Pak could get for the long term. GE engines can be sent to Turkey for repairs if need be.

I'm still thinking about UAE F-16s, Egyptian "pani pack" as someone mentioned, USAF EDA from F-35 induction...

My idea here would be for PMIK to call Trump and say look, we've delivered on AFG and we want you to scratch our back in return. And we want to help you out in Iran after you exit from AFG. How about get LM some business, USA workers some jobs, and we help you win the elections?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
So it seems @Khafee is saying it will be commoditized latest F-16s. About the best thing Pak could get for the long term. GE engines can be sent to Turkey for repairs if need be.

I'm still thinking about UAE F-16s, Egyptian "pani pack" as someone mentioned, USAF EDA from F-35 induction...

My idea here would be for PMIK to call Trump and say look, we've delivered on AFG and we want you to scratch our back in return. And we want to help you out in Iran after you exit from AFG. How about get LM some business, USA workers some jobs, and we help you win the elections?
Egyptians are not "panni pack" or zero kms, as some believe. Their Blk52's are downgraded used USAF.

As far as UAE Blk60's go, Knuckles is on record for saying they were being upgraded in Greenville, South Carolina. Now why would they de-commission their upgraded Blk60's after spending billions on thier upgrades. One thing I know of, is that their radar the APG-80 has recvd some serious upgrades, especially its SAR feature.

I agree with you on PMIK calling up Trump, better go see Trump, and give him a win win for Afg. What does he have to loose?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Some yada yada about how nationalists always love their own aircraft (not realizing I am Bangladeshi).
The problem with Analysts is, 99% of their analysis, is based on open source Intel. Secondly, without knowing who the other person is, a diplomatic answer usually suffices.

Personally, with the number of times you have hit bulls eye, and are often close to reality, given your (knowing / unknowing) interactions with serving officers, YOU would be a much better Analyst.

Tunamelt

Reactions
437 7 0
Country
Pakistan
The reason u r not explaining it(regardless of my credentials) and using ketchup analogy is bcuz u don't know how to explain it. I don't mean it in an offensive way to demean u...just laying out facts.

I NEVER said that it's not easy for the US. Yes they can change the radar's software, or hardware, or both. It's quite obvious US has the means, the technological know how, and the resources to do it. So don't put words in my mouth plz.

What I said is that it costs money to make such alterations. U can't refute that bcuz it's a fact. As for mass producing it...yes F16 is still being produced. Block 70 is the newest configuration...all nations cleared to purchase new F16s...WILL be getting block 70. So I reiterate...block 70 is being mass produced(there are orders in the pipeline from multiple countries as we speak). In order for them to make changes to a select few of those F16s...and add a different radar(not the SABR AESA)...it would require additional costs(production cost, testing costs, etc). So it will just be much easier for them to deny block 70 to Pak altogether than take the dumbest approach of racking up a bill that they then will have to pay themselves.

As for u asking for my credentials...I majored in Biochemistry. Currently working as an Analytical Chemist...and prior to that I was a CompSci major(before switching to BioChem). I have decent command over C++, C#, Java, VB, and SQL. So plz do explain to me in technical detail about the radar alteration u were mentioning...I'll try to keep up.
Sure I will just give me some Time, I am working on my final's papers.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
And who knows he already did that ???just saying