Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 208 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
i still think, why was THAAD deployed on the morning of 28th feb?
was that news true?
@AliYusuf @Caprxl @TomCat
MON MAR 4, 2019 / 10:03 AM EST
U.S. deploys THAAD missile defense system to Israel

Photo

FILE PHOTO: A Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) interceptor is launched from the Pacific Spaceport Complex Alaska during Flight Test THAAD (FTT)-18 in Kodiak, Alaska, U.S., July 11, 2017. Leah Garton/Missile Defense Agency/Handout via
REUTERS
(Reuters) - The U.S. military has deployed its most advanced air and missile defense system to Israel for the first time, U.S. and Israeli military officials said on Monday.
The deployment, which began in March, was intended to test the U.S. military's ability to rapidly deploy such weapons around the world, said a spokeswoman for U.S. European Command.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu welcomed the arrival of the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) system as a sign of the U.S. commitment to Israeli security.

Last edited:

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
i still think, why was patriot deployed on the morning of 28th feb?
was that news true?
@AliYusuf @Caprxl @TomCat

Patriot ? I think you are Talking about THAAD.

& as far as I can speculate, news was legit, reason being India was not even listening to USA & was itching for BM strikes since their IAF & IA were not willing to make another move.

So when we announced 3/4 BM for every 1 India would launch, just to keep things in Perspective, Shaheen 3 was brought out as well, which caused panic I suppose & that is what you are referring to if I understood it correctly.

Wonder why Sheen 3 Stated range is 2750km :cool: ?
Just open Google maps, from our Western Most Border at the tip of Balochistan, draw & measure a Straight line towards west & Woaah ... You will get the answer where 2750km takes you 😉

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes, I corrected it.
I was following the other forum that day and someone mentioned that Shaheen 3 was brought out, US was asked to confirm with it's satellites.
But the Q remained in my mind, why it created panic on Western side while we were actively engaged on Eastern front?
There is something still missing in your reply.

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
There is something still missing in your reply.

I think you missed it :)
Just open Google maps, from our Western Most Border at the tip of Balochistan, draw & measure a Straight line towards west & Woaah ... You will get the answer where 2750km takes you 😉

So just to make sure you get it & no confusion is there, below is what I meant,

Pic 1.png

Safri167

Reactions
1,194 24 0
Country
Pakistan
well i got that bro, and that is still my Q.

when we were actively engaged with india , why was panic in israel?
"chor ki darhi m tinka?"

then the theory of their pilots becomes true ?

then the theory that mirage 2000 was taken out by jeff also becomes true?

the thing missing in your reply is still missing(:-)

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
when we were actively engaged with india , why was panic in israel?
"chor ki darhi m tinka?"

Well you have given the answer yourself (:-)

then the theory that mirage 2000 was taken out by jeff also becomes true?

Well Thunders roared pretty well on 27th, no doubt about that. Details of which I do not know. What I have learned from all sources open & otherwise and have been confirmed is that they (Thunders) proved their mettle in "all spectrum of Air warfare", that you can be assured off.
It should not matter to us what/how/to whom thunders did their magic thing, in the end the desired results were achieved. Maybe 10/20 years later a book from ex-PAF spill the beans when there is no risk of Op-Sec.

then the theory of their pilots becomes true ?

no comments, will just say that real news is always found between all the conspiracy theories/news.

the thing missing in your reply is still missing(:-)

& will remain so for me as well :p Let me know as well if you get hold of something.

PS: We should move to a relevant thread if you wish to discuss more on this topic, open a new thread or use 27th Feb Thread (if there is). This is Blk 70/72 thread and we are going to derail it.

Armchair

Reactions
1,577 56 0
Country
Bangladesh
Trump is a business man. He is going to win the elections. He is less bothered about empire, long-term geo-political strategy, etc. If you give him a good deal, he will take it. It's transactional and far more beneficial to Pakistan in the long-term.

If Trump does attack any country, it most likely will be Iran, and the attack will be on sale and bought by the Arabs with their oil money. He doesn't give two hoots about Afghanistan or Pakistan. He doesn't like India or China either, as they are stealing US jobs.

Specially the Indians who have made a fine art out of setting up bogus IT companies and getting their people in.

Trump does want to counter China strategically. But I don't think he is willing to sacrifice much for it. And if you can't go full on, you can't really go far. In this regard, Trump will still consider arming India. But India will have to pay for it. And given Indian politics, all this will take some time. Particularly since Trump is busy with re-election.

Now, Pakistani procurement is faster, and being rapidly built up. Surely this is no coincidence. The purpose is clearly to arm up for a conflict. This is why even VT-4, which is delivered and confirmed by professionals is kept silent about officially.

Trump probably sees an opportunity to make a sale and make some money, and pay back Pakistan politically for helping him get out of Afghanistan. And given how powerful LM is, as well as the constiuencies it has factories in (including Texas), it is a win win situation for him to sell to Pakistan.

Because he isn't thinking like the traditional snake like US foreign policy, Pak gets space to acquire some F-16s. If he wins this next term, which he most likely will (despite what you see in mainstream media), it is a blessing for Pakistan. As US foreign policy will continue to be more transactional and short-term "deal making". Which is what suits Pakistan and China as well.

“China has always been Pakistan’s most important strategic ally,2 and the intensity of Pakistan’s relationship with the United States has always been a subset of Pakistan’s all-consuming strategic calculus about India… For the United States to achieve a true strategic partnership with Pakistan, it must share Pakistan’s posture toward India. It follows, then, that subduing India also demands acquiescing in China’s ultimate hegemony in Asia. In reassessing America’s grand strategy in South Asia, the United States must first reassess its global “grand strategy.” If America can live with an Asia under Chinese hegemony, and with a crippled India, then America can have Pakistan’s enthusiastic partnership against the Taliban. Decisions like this are, as they say, above my pay grade.”

Last edited:

Aadi

Reactions
117 2 0
Country
Pakistan

& as far as I can speculate, news was legit, reason being India was not even listening to USA & was itching for BM strikes since their IAF & IA were not willing to make another move.

So when we announced 3/4 BM for every 1 India would launch, just to keep things in Perspective, Shaheen 3 was brought out as well, which caused panic I suppose & that is what you are referring to if I understood it correctly.

Wonder why Sheen 3 Stated range is 2750km :cool: ?
he is right. there is a video as well in which they are unloading THAAD or PATRIOT from a cargo plane in isreal. on 28th feb and reason they gave was to counter unspecified threats to state of isreal.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
Trump is a business man. He is going to win the elections. He is less bothered about empire, long-term geo-political strategy, etc. If you give him a good deal, he will take it. It's transactional and far more beneficial to Pakistan in the long-term.

If Trump does attack any country, it most likely will be Iran, and the attack will be on sale and bought by the Arabs with their oil money. He doesn't give two hoots about Afghanistan or Pakistan. He doesn't like India or China either, as they are stealing US jobs.

Specially the Indians who have made a fine art out of setting up bogus IT companies and getting their people in.

Trump does want to counter China strategically. But I don't think he is willing to sacrifice much for it. And if you can't go full on, you can't really go far. In this regard, Trump will still consider arming India. But India will have to pay for it. And given Indian politics, all this will take some time. Particularly since Trump is busy with re-election.

Now, Pakistani procurement is faster, and being rapidly built up. Surely this is no coincidence. The purpose is clearly to arm up for a conflict. This is why even VT-4, which is delivered and confirmed by professionals is kept silent about officially.

Trump probably sees an opportunity to make a sale and make some money, and pay back Pakistan politically for helping him get out of Afghanistan. And given how powerful LM is, as well as the constiuencies it has factories in (including Texas), it is a win win situation for him to sell to Pakistan.

Because he isn't thinking like the traditional snake like US foreign policy, Pak gets space to acquire some F-16s. If he wins this next term, which he most likely will (despite what you see in mainstream media), it is a blessing for Pakistan. As US foreign policy will continue to be more transactional and short-term "deal making". Which is what suits Pakistan and China as well.
Trump will get same number of electoral college vote what he got against Clinton he is already hitting 51% as corona fizzles more support he will get and in all polls about 57% trust on him when it comes to job and economics compare to 36% on Biden I am sure he will retain his job I personally like him he is alot better than Obama
LM will prefer to extend some good numbers to PAF rather than looking out more buyers not too many airforce needs F16s and not too many can afford it. Also US will try Pak on theior side as well so I do expect a good numbers on blk 70 F16 moves to Greenville Carolina after COVID they need orders and keep job

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee looks like blk 800-900 million per 18 jet or sqdn blk 70 satandard is very cheap they will kill T50 and M346 market

Last edited: