Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 211 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Scorpio

Reactions
3,018 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Current unique features of Blk60:

Built In IRST, higher thrust engine, with longer MTBO. Liquid cooled AESA radar (upgraded recently), Haveglass 5th Gen now, Very different EW than Blk70/72.
What about additional weapons suit for blk 60

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
What about additional weapons suit for blk 60
It has, but the only thing publicly acknowledged is the MICA.

MICA IR with its long range, coupled with APG-80 is quite a pkg.

Nightfox

Reactions
377 3 0
Country
Pakistan
Its an F16 with local collab so source code integration for weapons locally made by EDGE and other UAE based firms should'nt be an issue.This in my opinion is the biggest selling point of the block 60

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
Its an F16 with local collab so source code integration for weapons locally made by EDGE and other UAE based firms should'nt be an issue.This in my opinion is the biggest selling point of the block 60
Yes. UAE paid almost 3b for developing the source code. They own it, makes weapons integration possible.

War Historian

THINK TANK
Reactions
780 36 0
Country
Pakistan
I do, but I want to see what other members have to say.
I think block 60 was developed on the UAE funding, and some technologies develop for that jets, intellectual property of UAE. So that can not be used on other blocks without UAE permission. If that technologies would be use on any blocks to other country, then royalty would be paid to UAE. Thank

Reactions
112 10 0
Country
Jordan
Yes. UAE paid almost 3b for developing the source code. They own it, makes weapons integration possible.
It has the Tariq glide bomb and i think may be integrating Emirati-South African JDAM competitors soon.

al-tariq-glide-bomb-424x238.png

There are also many other joint UAE projects that can be integrated in the future like smartglider swarm bomb with MBDA.

Photo-MBDA-launches-SmartGlider.jpg

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
$3bn+ for total R&D, including an AESA radar, which was inducted nearly 1.5 decade ago.

The radar, Custom EW, higher thrust engine,and Haveglass, were key components that separated it from the herd, and even today keep it a step ahead.

Another key aspect is, doing MRO in country.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Lockheed Gets Potential $62B FMS Contract for F-16 Production
Jane Edwards
August 17, 2020

Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has received a potential 10-year, $62B contract from the U.S. Air Force to build F-16 fighter aircraft for foreign military sales clients.

The indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract has an initial delivery order worth $4.94B for 90 fighter jets and work will occur in Greenville, S.C., and Fort Worth, Texas, through Dec. 31, 2026, the Department of Defense said Friday.

The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center will obligate $3.9B in FMS funds at the time of award.

Bloomberg reported that the government of Taiwan signed an agreement to procure 66 Lockheed-built F-16s as part of the potential $62B figure, which serves as the ceiling value of all potential FMS contracts over the 10-year period.

A person familiar with the IDIQ contract that Morocco is purchasing 24 units of F-16 jets as part of the initial delivery order.

“Taiwan and Morocco are expected to be the first two partner nations that will utilize this contract,” Brian Brackens, a spokesman for the Air Force, said in a statement to the publication prior to the contract announcement.

Reactions
112 10 0
Country
Jordan
Lockheed Gets Potential $62B FMS Contract for F-16 Production
Jane Edwards
August 17, 2020

Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) has received a potential 10-year, $62B contract from the U.S. Air Force to build F-16 fighter aircraft for foreign military sales clients.

The indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract has an initial delivery order worth $4.94B for 90 fighter jets and work will occur in Greenville, S.C., and Fort Worth, Texas, through Dec. 31, 2026, the Department of Defense said Friday.

The Air Force Life Cycle Management Center will obligate $3.9B in FMS funds at the time of award.

Bloomberg reported that the government of Taiwan signed an agreement to procure 66 Lockheed-built F-16s as part of the potential $62B figure, which serves as the ceiling value of all potential FMS contracts over the 10-year period.

A person familiar with the IDIQ contract that Morocco is purchasing 24 units of F-16 jets as part of the initial delivery order.

“Taiwan and Morocco are expected to be the first two partner nations that will utilize this contract,” Brian Brackens, a spokesman for the Air Force, said in a statement to the publication prior to the contract announcement.
And I think Bahrain is getting 30 something F-16Vs?