Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72 | Page 62 | World Defense

Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Ok ....Sir, Just asking, if we will go into decision making process to opt from JXX or EFT1 (both twine engines)...what would be the best choice? (leave financials aside)

EFT-T1 vs J15 = Captor Pulse Doppler vs AESA radar. Need I say more?

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan
Yeh according to Sami it's first hand account by person who was sitting in meeting with IK and Shi my guess is probably Asif or Qureshi? Shi said take what u like and IK said these are expensive systems we pay U every single penny but Shi said that's not issue any thing u want u can have it if PAF gets J20 I won't be surprise then

Hi,

IK should have kept his mouth shut about money---.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
All kills made by F16s period.
So all this 'tHAnDaR' 'jF-17' hype is lie ? (Genuine question). I really believed all this time that a MKI downed by Falcon, Bison by thunder. Sir @Khafee your public input?

loanranger

Reactions
105 1 0
Country
Pakistan
So all this 'tHAnDaR' 'jF-17' hype is lie ? (Genuine question). I really believed all this time that a MKI downed by Falcon, Bison by thunder. Sir @Khafee your public input?
Its a fact that F16s did the kills. However,it does not mean JF-17s are not good aircraft. The hype is real and blk 3 with Pl15 will further consolidate. All other knowledgeble members will agree that F16s made the kills.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Both were shot down by Vipers. @Signalian can shed more light.

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
Its a fact that F16s did the kills. However,it does not mean JF-17s are not good aircraft. The hype is real and blk 3 with Pl15 will further consolidate. All other knowledgeble members will agree that F16s made the kills.
The reason i don't know the legit info is coz i have an extremely busy life. Do we have any plans for PL-21? That missile can mock meteor and rafale both @Signalian @Khafee

TomCat

Reactions
4,796 153 0
Country
Pakistan
The reason i don't know the legit info is coz i have an extremely busy life. Do we have any plans for PL-21? That missile can mock meteor and rafale both @Signalian @Khafee
The only known aircraft to operate them (under development) are J-16 and J-20. Its a VLRAAM Ramjet active guided Missile. Pair it with a goof AESA radar, and boom, not even rafale will help them

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
Now that's what i call an interesting assignment. How about all of us get involved in this beauty you posted and discuss this rather off-craps (that unfortunately i myself have been doing on this thread)
Go ahead - i think there is much data there for analyzing PAF's fighter acquisition.

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
A very well written piece ,
A question that keeps coming up in mind is that IF we are unable to acquire EF & J-15 is assigned to raise PN Maritime Squad at priority , COULD we procure J-15 later for AS squad for PAF as well ?
Can JF-17 fill the role for AS ?

Signalian

Reactions
1,194 65 0
Country
Pakistan
1 & 5 Air Superiority Role:
EF will be the best suited hands down, provided we get Captor-E and Meteor. (Lowest frontal RCS of the 3).
Next should be Block-72 F-16, if we get AIM-120D - Otherwise - J-15 with PL-15

2. Yes.
3. MR can suffice.
4. We are not a maritime power nor do we have power projection objectives. Hence if PAF adheres to it's maritime security duties diligently and works in sync with the PN ... things will be hunky dory for now. But PAF should never repeat it's follies of '71, when the CAS of the time AM Abdur Rahim Khan said "The navy can fight it's own battles" when the PAF was asked to assist the navy at that time.
Should PN ask for a separate Naval Fighter Wing ?

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
I've heard(from surfing PDF for years) that Pak military put quite a bit of emphasis on "network-centric warfare". I don't know the exact details but I'm under the impression that all the radars whether land based, seaborne, or airborne(regardless of which branch operates them)...paint a picture for some central command...as opposed to each branch doing its own thing with its own assets while the others are blind...
...so if there is a threat for which Navy needs air cover...or antiship missions need to be carried out by jets...technically PN and PAF should be able to work in sync.

However...usually around the world...if a country has a big enough navy who plays a big enough role to the point where it requires an air arm...generally that navy controls that air arm(as in it's part of that navy) instead of having it under the airforce and then trying to work in sync.

The only problem I can see with the navy having to rely on the air force...is possibly a chain of command issue...where there might be a disagreement in which approach to take. I'm not sure who gets to make the final call(between the two branches) if they are carrying out joint ops.

So perhaps PN should ask for its own separate air wing? Some more knowledgeable members should contribute in this case.

Last edited:

AliYusuf

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
1,643 69 0
Country
Pakistan
Only if we have the resources. It's going to cost us more to maintain separate facilities, infrastructure, personnel and fleet. Also we should ask the question whether we have a power projection agenda? Are we eventually going to be a maritime power and start operating aircraft carriers?