Pakistan Gets F16 -Blk70/72

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
As of now, a lot less than this.

In my naive opinion quantity matters but not that much at the moment, it will/can be built up gradually. The main point was to get pass that Technology Barrier i.e AESA, C7 (hopefully (:-) ) etc, saying make USA release us this stuff. which she did. So this in itself is a great milestone.

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
I hope it's coming with 120D and AESA radar...

I hope atleast 36 new or upgraded ones
Probably first used15 upgraded to blk 72?US have 100s of used airframes if relationship gets back to track we can access as many as we can along V upgardes same with Whisky cobras can have as many as we can and refurbish them looking farward AIMD along current inventory upgrade to D as well let's see I hope better sense prevail both sides

Last edited:

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
In my naive opinion quantity matters but not that much at the moment, it will/can be built up gradually. The main point was to get pass that Technology Barrier i.e AESA, C7 (hopefully (:-) ) etc, saying make USA release us this stuff. which she did. So this in itself is a great milestone.
^that...if Block 70/72 is being released to Pak along with C7...this means an improvement in the relationship which had been going sour in the past. The improvement in relationship is what matters...
...the numbers can go up(more can be acquired) provided the relationship is at that level.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Personally I can't wait when all these goodies are made public...F16 Block 70/72, JF17 Block III(with PL15?), J10C(P according to @Khafee bcuz of some Pak specific changes). In my personal opinion...these will provide the much needed capability boost for PAF to keep IAF at bay(taking into account their Rafael and Meteor capability)...
...and give Pak some breathing room...up until Azm NGF is ready.

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
I hope new one will get name,, Spartas,,
Not a fan of names adopted from other far away cultures. We should stick with our Muslim/Pakistani heritage...
...but not a huge deal bcuz at the end of the day it's just a name...I'm just listing my preference.

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
^that...if Block 70/72 is being released to Pak along with C7...this means an improvement in the relationship which had been going sour in the past. The improvement in relationship is what matters...
...the numbers can go up(more can be acquired) provided the relationship is at that level.

Exactly, rightly put.

baqai

Reactions
1,008 39 0
Country
Pakistan
does that means PAF is opting out of J-10's and others because normally that's the way US insists when giving their hardware

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
@Khafee any possiblity for Su35 since Russia now offering Pakistan whole range of items? I am talking about recent visit of FM?

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
does that means PAF is opting out of J-10's and others because normally that's the way US insists when giving their hardware
Russia is also In with theior birds it would be interesting to see maybe like eygpt PAF opts 15-26 Su35?

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
offering Pakistan whole range of items

Items to fight Terrorism if am not wrong was said by Russian FM, besides, that ship (Su-35) has sailed long ago as old by Khafee before. Russia neither would release their own AESA radar Package for Su-35 to Pakistan (not even source codes to use/integrate PK/Ch weapons) nor allow Pak to install Chinese AESA, EW Suite & weapons package.

Also that deal was being done to lure another seller from WEST.

So, in any way, in my opinion, with the info at hand, not a chance &;

"& if the crumbs we are getting from here & there are true, we are Alh on right track, it is only matter of time when things are disclosed"