Pakistani Taliban Kill 3 in Suicide Attack at Shiite Mosque | World Defense

Pakistani Taliban Kill 3 in Suicide Attack at Shiite Mosque

orangesunset

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
The Taliban kills everyone that opposes them including other Muslims. The event might have been caused because Pakistan has been allied with the US recently. Or maybe the Taliban is upset that these group of Muslims are not radical enough. This is proof that Islam is not as unified as it appears from the outside.

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — At least three people were killed and two wounded on Wednesday when a suicide bomber detonated his explosives outside a Shiite mosque on the outskirts of Islamabad, officials said. A faction of the Pakistani Taliban claimed responsibility.

Muhammad Yousaf, a private security guard, told reporters that the assailant opened fire before trying to enter the mosque but met with resistance from guards and other people at the entrance. One of the three killed was a security guard who was shot by the attacker, according to initial reports, and the others were bystanders. Mr. Yousaf said he quickly locked the door of the main prayer hall after he heard gunshots at the entrance, enabling worshipers to move further inside the building.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/19/world/asia/pakistani-taliban-kill-3-in-suicide-attack-at-shiite-mosque.html?_r=0

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Another example of extremists of a sec "Taliban" and similar (ISIS) and all those nutbar whackjobs giving Islam a bad name from outside. You obviously can't deny it's due to religion though.

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
The Pakistani Talibans last year pledged allegiance to ISIS or whoever they consider to be the Caliph of the so-called Islamic State. This attack therefore isn't a Sunni attack against Shia's. The Talibans are merely emulating what those they are affiliated with [ISIS] have been doing all along — kill everyone who doesn't subscribe to their twisted ideology.

Shimus

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
USA
Unfortunately that's the case, and they all see themselves as being virtuously right in enforcing their own interpretation of their "God's Will" when ultimately they're just taking things out of context and killing people not even thinking about it. People who follow these rules to such extremes are whackjobs.

westmixxin

Reactions
5 0 0
Country
USA
it seems like lately the news has just been flooding from the Middle East before hand it didn't seem like you would be able to get news as easily but it seems as if people are just becoming more bold and are actually using the technology for what it's worth and sending out every single piece of information.

Reactions
23 0 0
Country
USA
I have known both Sunni Muslims and Christians from Lebanon and Egypt and they told me that the Sunnis and Christians were pretty much allied against the Shia. Many Sunni recognize that they are supposed to be Christians, according to the teachings of Mohammed. A few years ago I was hospitalised for acute diverticulitis and the first time I saw my Doctor I "saw his witness" when he walked into the room (not something that I usually do. I know many Pentecostals, but am not one myself). He is a Sunni, but he is obviously a Christian, something I have discussed with him.