PNS Yarmook Inducted into PN | Page 2 | World Defense

PNS Yarmook Inducted into PN

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
Navy has yet to disclose the firepower on these ships and the purpose they are going to fulfill. So until we see them in some training we would not really know.

Truly hope this is the case.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
It obviously does not have any real Air Warfare defence capability. Perhaps possibly a MK 41 VLS 4X4 ESSM Quad Pac would be nice. They may be able to fit it somewhere on the SSM deck or possibly in between the exhaust stacks.....maybe, depending on what sort of Combat Management System the PNS Yarmook has.

1594674670500.png

The problem with VLS is that you have to do some serious changes, whereas with an HQ-7B/FM-90, pictured above, the changes are less serious, but so is the range. So there is a trade off.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
Compare it with Sa'ar 6 just 1900T displacement ™¡£

Class overview
General characteristics
Name:Sa'ar 6 class
Operators:
23px-Naval_Ensign_of_Israel.svg.png
Israeli Navy
Preceded by:Sa'ar 5 class
Planned:4
Type:Corvette
Displacement:1,900 long tons (1,900 t) at full load[1]
Length:90 m (295 ft 3 in)
Range:4,000 km [2]
Sensors and
processing systems:
EL/M-2248 MF-STAR AESA radar
Armament:

Seems like the Israeli Sa'ar Class Corvette packs a lot more "punch" with less weight than the Yarmook Class Corvette. Is the PN under-rating it's own ship or is this ship going to "expand" in the future (fitted for, but not with)?

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Seems like the Israeli Sa'ar Class Corvette packs a lot more "punch" with less weight than the Yarmook Class Corvette. Is the PN under-rating it's own ship or is this ship going to "expand" in the future (fitted for, but not with)?
TBH, the current layout is very baffling. PN is moving in a very different direction, and this layout is directly contradicting it. It looks more like an MSA ship than a PN one.

@Rashid Mahmood Any comments bro?

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada
View attachment 14856
The problem with VLS is that you have to do some serious changes, whereas with an HQ-7B/FM-90, pictured above, the changes are less serious, but so is the range. So there is a trade off.
Sorry Khafee. Didn't see the HQ-7B/FM-90 fitted on the Yarmook class picture. Are you suggesting the class will get this system as well?

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Real beauty of German engineering but those were always out of our range esp after that U boat fiasco .This one as @Khafee said more like MSA ship.Heard our side is also working on indigenous VLS system may be next one got more punch than this

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Sorry Khafee. Didn't see the HQ-7B/FM-90 fitted on the Yarmook class picture. Are you suggesting the class will get this system as well?
It's not there, but is available.

My point was, that VLS, unless the space is already there, would require serious work under deck. Whereas, with a system like this, requires less work. i.e IF PN actually wants an air def system on it. Maybe the idea is for some other ship or MPA to provide cover.

GRANNY001

Professional
Reactions
289 25 0
Country
Canada

My point was, that VLS, unless the space is already there, would require serious work under deck. Whereas, with a system like this, requires less work. i.e IF PN actually wants an air def system on it. Maybe the idea is for some other ship or MPA to provide cover.
Thanks for that Khafee, I see what you mean. It would be very helpful if the class had something like this system as a minimum self defence for AAW although a longer range system would be better.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
With the tipu7 pic u posted in previous post i dont see any space even for 8 cell VLS.Damn they cant even accommodate 2 helos hanger :(

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
With the tipu7 pic u posted in previous post i dont see any space even for 8 cell VLS.Damn they cant even accommodate 2 helos hanger :(
A 2 helo or 1.5helo is a std now. Why? Since every ship needs a helo + space for a drone.

Drones are really changing warfare, making it safer in a lot of ways.

From a totally different perspective: Just imagine transiting through the Bab Al Mandeb straits or the Straits of Malaca, and you have a drone flying ahead acting as a lookout for pirates. Should you identify one in advance, you can request the nearest naval presence for an intercept. Or worst do a 180degree turn. Instead of blindly running into missing teeth idiots with RPG's
1594677952400.png

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
Yikes, if this forums Abode of happiness saw everyone's posts here he would surely not be able to sleep at night @TsAr

Do enlighten us on why this ship is toothless and why we are all just being negative.

Zulu

Reactions
2,010 60 0
Country
Pakistan
Drones are cheap and better way to handle these thugs but imagine when they enter in real war finding submarines 2 would be good to keep pressure like American prefer.Offcourse cant expect much by this but in his tweet Admiral claiming they are pushing for indigenous design with after every built let see what next one Tabook will bring in next few months

A 2 helo or 1.5helo is a std now. Why? Since every ship needs a helo + space for a drone.

Drones are really changing warfare, making it safer in a lot of ways.

From a totally different perspective: Just imagine transiting through the Bab Al Mandeb straits or the Straits of Malaca, and you have a drone flying ahead acting as a lookout for pirates. Should you identify one in advance, you can request the nearest naval presence for an intercept. Or worst do a 180degree turn. Instead of blindly running into missing teeth idiots with RPG's
View attachment 14858

Last edited: