Pope Francis visits the Philippines! | World Defense

Pope Francis visits the Philippines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reactions
11 0 0
Country
Philippines
Pope Francis was warmly welcomed by the Philippine people in their country as he holds there his 5-day Papal visit. Everyone seems to be rejoiced by his visit. Millions of people set them set out under the searing temperature of the day. They waited just to get a glimpse of this venerated Pope even from afar. He takes the Filipino's by storm.

Onionman

Reactions
9 0 0
Country
Hong Kong
I actually surprised it's taking so long for such a trip. Isn't the Philippines one of the most Catholic countries around? No doubt he'll be warmly welcomed by the masses, but I'm surprised it just wasn't done earlier.

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Abu Sayyaf is there, he better be careful.(:-)

globulon

Reactions
18 0 0
Country
Canada
The Philippines is one of the most Catholic countries around, so I am sure he was welcomed like a king (or better!). I wouldn't be surprised if they made the duration of his visit a national holiday!

stryker

Reactions
8 0 0
Country
USA
Have they introduced him to the caged up street children yet?
Starshine put a thread about that on here. I think it was yesterday. Pretty sad stuff.

May102014

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
6 0 0
Country
USA
Pope Francis' recent visit to the Philippines captured the hearts and minds of Filipinos from all walks of life. His visit is indeed a great blessings to the nation whose covenant was tested in many triumphs especially during the typhoon haiyan. He inspires Filipinos and told them not to lose hope for God is with us. He will never leave us nor forsake us.

Laplace

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
1 0 0
Country
Philippines
I have a strong regard for the Pope as I have come from the Philippines as well. He also faced our president and you can google some bad things about how the visit went. In the face of tyranny and corruption, the Pope has given the country a great amount of hope.

kana_marie

Reactions
45 0 0
Country
USA
I think it's about time they had a sensible Pope. Obviously, the Catholics tend to agree with me. He is at a higher risk for assassination, but when a leader is good at his job that's a risk they have to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.