Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 50 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

DHsquare

Reactions
219 2 0
Country
Pakistan
So between PAF/PA/PN we had 60-80+ Alouette III helos that needed to be replaced.
PA replaced some Alouettes and Jet Rangers with a mix of AW139 and AS350s. PA also got 30 refurbed Bell 412s in early 2000s so they are also getting older (not as old as Alouettes which were bought in the 60s).
ANTF (anti narcotics task force) which is part of MoI, had 10 UH-1H "loaned" from the US that they returned last year.
I know Sindh Police and Punjab Police have a few Jet rangers and UH-1Bs.
I do not know what aircraft MSA operates. But they should have dedicated SAR helos.
Coast Guard in Pakistan is a misnomer, it is under the command of Army and is just about coastal defence. That is why Navy set up MSA (which is supposed to be like coast guard). They operated a Fokker F27 and a few Alouettes hand me down from PN.

Forestry Dept?

I see a need of 80-100 light/medium platforms that will be need to be replaced in the next 5 years.

Then we have 40 PA Pumas and 15 PN Sea Kings +10 medium range dedicated CSAR helos for PAF which could be replaced with Aw101.

All in all 3-4b to be spent in the next 5-8 years.

Negotiate with Leonardo for the whole package payable over 5-8 years but get offsets in shape of assembly or MRO in Pakistan. That will kickstart helo industry in Pakistan. If you standardize on 2 types and set up a unified supply chain, maintenance and training infrastructure, you can reduce costs significantly.
Lovely! <3>

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
Annex Afghanistan - Afghanis, including those fighting us flee across Pakistan.
Imagine that mess!
Afghanis have known nothing but war and drugs for decades. They cannot be easily integrated into our society.
No doubt such a theoretical scenario(which I have wondered before) has its cons...but IMO the pros far exceed those cons in the long term. At first a country like Pakistan will take a hit...
...economically absorbing more relatively poor population...providing them with job opportunities, education, etc.
...it would add more unrest...spikes in terrorism...more chances for enemies to exploit those elements against Pak...etc.

But(and it's a huge but) if Pak gov could buckle down and work hard for like 50 years...team up with China(for development...like for example building infrastructure and integrating it into BRI)...the benefits would be huge. It would give Pak the much needed strategic depth...not to mention additional manpower and resources. It would eliminate the issue that India keeps exploiting through sell out Afghans of claiming Pak territory(since now it will be just one country...and it will have access to the sea). It would directly connect Pak with CARs and the opportunity to build things like TAPI pipeline without the concern for security(as it exists rn of it passing through Afghanistan). The Afghanistan/Pakistan union would be more(in terms of its geostrategic value) than the sum of its individual parts...however it would take a lot of work.

Crystal-Clear

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Pakistan
I would very much like to eat the chow mein made in a jet like the J15 ROFL
...on topic...as for the foldable wings still being there on Pak's J15s...could it be that they won't serve any purpose(as u said no carrier). The whole reason they are there is just bcuz that way no changes would have to be made that would require retesting? Production wouldn't require any changes either. Just a guess...
so what if they have foldable wings..we wont fold thm .

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
...on topic...as for the foldable wings still being there on Pak's J15s...could it be that they won't serve any purpose(as u said no carrier). The whole reason they are there is just bcuz that way no changes would have to be made that would require retesting? Production wouldn't require any changes either. Just a guess...

No Carrier, YES. But not having this capability would have actually helped a land based fighter. It was decided to retain the folding wings, strengthened landing gear, arrestor hook, Just in case §§•

Aadi

Reactions
117 2 0
Country
Pakistan
I think this is more likely

Cookie Monster

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,568 76 0
Country
USA
No Carrier, YES. But not having this capability would have actually helped a land based fighter. It was decided to retain the folding wings, strengthened landing gear, arrestor hook, Just in case §§•
Sir could u plz tell me the C130 thing...I missed it...and can't find it(been looking)

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0

CHI RULES

Reactions
281 7 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir your views requested regarding RCS of J15 as the RCS of SU30 is very high and it is reported that RAM and other efforts have been made in case of J15 to reduce it's RCS.

Hawkeye

Reactions
100 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Sir your views requested regarding RCS of J15 as the RCS of SU30 is very high and it is reported that RAM and other efforts have been made in case of J15 to reduce it's RCS.
PAF should get more F16s in the place of these J15s. If the requirement is for a double engine jet than new F15 is a much better option. Some members on PDF were saying that it was also offered when IK visited the US.

Ertugral

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
Pakistan
PAF should get more F16s in the place of these J15s. If the requirement is for a double engine jet than new F15 is a much better option. Some members on PDF were saying that it was also offered when IK visited the US.
It was offered for ditching project Azm altogether...are u ready to pay that price?

Hawkeye

Reactions
100 1 0
Country
Pakistan
It was offered for ditching project Azm altogether...are u ready to pay that price?
AZM will not happen before 15 years. All I'm saying is that if the requirement is for a double engine jet than there are better options also available like F15s and EFTs. Plus IAF pilots have 20 years of experience with Su30s. Maybe China is giving us a very rate.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Broadly speaking, much less than Su-30

Mingle

Reactions
1,813 8 0
Country
Pakistan
You know what if Pak get free trade deal along F35 ladder in future investment in the market I can accommodate US F15 is not less than any 5th Gen jet along AESA. It's doesn't have stealth but india PAK scenario stealth does not matter. I join F15 x progarme when I have 5th Gen Chinese and TFX turkish and F35 along on table.