Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom | Page 52 | World Defense

Acquisition of J-15 for PAF- Air Superiority & Deep Strike Platfrom

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
american weaponry comes with strings attached .
F-15 is a potent fighter no doubt. but what if. america ask you to shut down CPEC or dam construction ?
they prefer india over us .
what if they sell us f-15 and india f-35?
they sold us f-16 andwere offering f-21 to india .
apache deal is a clear evidence of their hypocrisy .
It's a beast that can turn into the biggest liability when America removes its teeth. @Hawkeye take heed.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
I think alot cheaper according @Khafee if I am not wrong it's about 45 million a copy. It's a truck carrying antiship weapons.
It works for what the PN needs it for. Also people keep forgetting what Americans have done whenever we buy their stuff. Heck they were crying abt PAF using the F-16s to strike india last year. India knew PAF couldn't do that so they went crying to daddy trump.

This tunnel vision that people have annoys me.

Also @Hawkeye I rather have a wooden stick that I make myself then a shinny new katana that someone can turn dull any time I need it.
Project Azm >>>> F-15

Crystal-Clear

Reactions
243 1 0
Country
Pakistan
I agree that US can't be trusted. But at least we should upgrade our existing fleet of F16's and get new BVR Missiles.
thats fine . we zhould upgrade our F-16s and new bvr are fine . but dont expect anything big from uncle sam .
post withdrawal you will see a change in their tune .

Hawkeye

Reactions
100 1 0
Country
Pakistan
Project Azm >>>> F-15
The concept of JF-17 block 3 came in 2015 and the production will start in 2021. It took PAF 5 years to make a new block in which most of the work is done by Chinese in China. So making and operating a FGFA isn't gonna be easy and cheap. When countries like Russia, UK, S.k and Japan are struggling to make a proper FGFA. So we shouldn't expect AZM to become a reality before 2 decades.

Last edited:

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
The latest version F15EX is almost a fifth generation jet but without internal weapons bay.
This capability trades of fuel for weapons, and is availble for any F15.

1590086813200.png

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I have to ask a really really dumb question and I always wanted to ask but I chose not to avoid making myself sound stupid......BUT

why do we need 10-16 AAMs these planes carry? How often planes in one sortie will shoot down more than 2 aircrafts. If I am not mistaken most combat takes place in pairs.
what is the point of carrying so many missiles ? Can they even stay up this long with their fuel reserves to go back again and again into combat ?
Just wondering

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I have to ask a really really dumb question and I always wanted to ask but I chose not to avoid making myself sound stupid......BUT

why do we need 10-16 AAMs these planes carry? How often planes in one sortie will shoot down more than 2 aircrafts. If I am not mistaken most combat takes place in pairs.
what is the point of carrying so many missiles ? Can they even stay up this long with their fuel reserves to go back again and again into combat ?
Just wondering
BVR engagements with active homing missiles. Say you have 2 of these missile trucks with AIM-120D on fighter sweep. On the other side 6 Su-30 show up. These can salvo off 20+ missiles in 2 seconds directed at the enemy aircraft. They will either have to break, or be destroyed. In any case your strike package will be able to jo their job unchallenged.

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
I understand but for a country like Pakistan to fire 20 missiles at like 30 million cost just to either scare off or shoot them down sounds impractical ...
I always thought scaring off can be done by one missile and while they are trying to shake it off I e can go for the kill

Gripen9

THINK TANK
Reactions
5,232 245 0
Country
Pakistan
I understand but for a country like Pakistan to fire 20 missiles at like 30 million cost just to either scare off or shoot them down sounds impractical ...
I always thought scaring off can be done by one missile and while they are trying to shake it off I e can go for the kill
In war, you don't look at the fiscal side....
Maybe that is why we don't have them.

You had asked for the use case of carrying 10-16 AAMs. Didn't realise it was Pak specific.

Pakhtoon yum

Reactions
2,107 44 0
Country
Pakistan
The concept of JF-17 block 3 came in 2015 and the production will start in 2021. It took PAF 5 years to make a new block in which most of the work is done by Chinese in China. So making and operating a FGFA isn't gonna be easy and cheap. When countries like Russia, UK, S.k and Japan are struggling to make a proper FGFA. So we shouldn't expect AZM to become a reality before 2 decades.
Yes but we keep going in circles. It all boils down to self reliance or reliance on someone that won't backstab you like the US.

Mastankhan

THINK TANK
Reactions
2,127 71 0
Country
Pakistan

Just wondering

Hi,

Air to air---air to ground combat has entered a different arena and you know that too---beyond the visual range---beyond tactical intercept range---.

What is happening here now is that american military has started to fight TAG TEAM wrestling---.

The pointman would be the F-35---the invisible to the realm---5th gen aircraft---that can get very close to the enemy assets and thru data link will control the targetting and launch of BVR missiles---and smart weapons loaded on aircraft like the F15's---B1's---B52's.

The F35's would trigger the launch of the weapons and the weapon mule would then turn around and be gone from the arena as the enemy spends the first few second confused as to where the weapons came from---.

That is one version of combat---the second version---the US is converting these air to air missile to work as air to surface launch missile as well against enemy ground targets---is the aim120D that category of a missile---I do not know that but I know that the aim 9 the wvr missile has been converted---.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Hi,

Air to air---air to ground combat has entered a different arena and you know that too---beyond the visual range---beyond tactical intercept range---.

What is happening here now is that american military has started to fight TAG TEAM wrestling---.

The pointman would be the F-35---the invisible to the realm---5th gen aircraft---that can get very close to the enemy assets and thru data link will control the targetting and launch of BVR missiles---and smart weapons loaded on aircraft like the F15's---B1's---B52's.

The F35's would trigger the launch of the weapons and the weapon mule would then turn around and be gone from the arena as the enemy spends the first few second confused as to where the weapons came from---.

That is one version of combat---the second version---the US is converting these air to air missile to work as air to surface launch missile as well against enemy ground targets---is the aim120D that category of a missile---I do not know that but I know that the aim 9 the wvr missile has been converted---.

EXCLUSIVE: Raytheon adapts AIM-9X for air-to-ground mission
By Stephen Trimble
03 December 2009

Caprxl

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,401 66 0
Country
Pakistan
EXCLUSIVE: Raytheon adapts AIM-9X for air-to-ground mission
By Stephen Trimble
03 December 2009

@Mastankhan , This, below, American Technology & ingenuity

Jeff White, Raytheon's business development manager for AIM-9X, declines to describe the modification in detail, but says it involves only software changes. The AIM-9X infrared seeker, proximity fuse and blast/fragmentation warhead remain unchanged.