Reports of a Coup in Qatar | World Defense

Reports of a Coup in Qatar

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
Heard their is coup going on, our old friend Hamad bin Jassim is expected to take over? @nasser_qa22

1588987508300.png

After coup rumors, is Qatar’s ex-PM plotting against the Emir?

Amid swirling rumors and reports of a coup, signs of what could be a serious rift within Qatar’s ruling establishment are emerging.
On Monday, reports of military aircraft active in Qatari airspace and gunfire on the ground prompted a flurry of rumors about a military coup in the country – with speculation that it had been organized by former Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani.

Although Qatar’s Ambassador to Russia dismissed the reports, the next day Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim added to the speculation with a cryptic tweet that analysts interpreted as rejecting Sheikh Tamim’s authority in favor of his father, under whom Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim was prime minister.

On Tuesday, the former prime minister tweeted: “As I mentioned before I will not answer any polemics, and I want to confirm that I am continuing this policy.” He did not specify to which policy he was referring.

“I am not one of those people that go to others to defend them or attack or to fabricate lies about them from the money of their people. And if anyone wants to complain about me there is no need to complain to others, my higher authority is known,” he added.

According to analysts, this is a veiled reference to Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim’s loyalties to Sheikh Tamim’s father Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa.
Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim was deposed from his position as prime minister and removed as head of the Qatar Investment Authority in 2013, when Sheikh Tamim took control of the throne after his father abdicated.

“Hamad bin Jassim is telling the Emir of Qatar you are not my higher authority, my higher authority is your father [Hamad bin Khalifa],” said Independent Arabia Editor-in-Chief Adhwan al-Ahmari in a tweet.

The rift between the emir and the former prime minister has reportedly deepened in recent years, and on Twitter, analysts and Qatari dissident royals speculated that Hamad bin Jassim had been behind a coup attempt.

One Qatari royal said that troops had been on the ground in the country, and called on the emir to stand down.
“Iran and Turkey are controlling Qatar. The Iranian Revolutionary Guards, Turkish officers are present in the streets and neighborhoods of

Qatar to suppress and torture everyone they dislike,” said Sheikh Mubarak bin Khalifa al-Thani in an interview with Saudi Okaz newspaper.

Another activist living in Egypt, Mona al-Sulaiti, said that many social media users in Qatar had been too afraid to post anything about the incident online, but the reports of the coup had merit.

Al-Sulaiti pointed out that Sheikh Tamim’s brother, Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad, had tweeted a poem in Arabic with a picture of the emir on May 3 that translates to, “They wanted you to fall and they fell at your feet.”

The Qatari government has yet to issue an official statement despite speculation continuing throughout the week.

Last edited:

Zeeman

THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reactions
2,688 85 0
Country
Pakistan
It is all fake news . Infact it looks like someone did cheap copy and paste and made a big deal out of some fire in their barracks .
All the sound of the gun fire was added later .

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Heard their is coup going on, our old friend Hamad bin Jassim is expected to take over?

He attempted to but it seems he got his balls hanged around his neck. Right before that I was on 24Flight radar and I saw PC-1s flying on over Qatar in large numbers but I thought they were just flying around. The next day I heard the news. Hamad bin Jassim is not a regular guy working in the government, the man is powerful within the ruling elite and has relations with powerful politicians in different countries including the US, EU and Israel. I knew he was going to do it one day. If there is anything that would alter the internal security of Qatar rest assured Saudi National Guard will not stay watching.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
He attempted to but it seems he got his balls hanged around his neck. Right before that I was on 24Flight radar and I saw PC-1s flying on over Qatar in large numbers but I thought they were just flying around. The next day I heard the news. Hamad bin Jassim is not a regular guy working in the government, the man is powerful within the ruling elite and has relations with powerful politicians in different countries including the US, EU and Israel. I knew he was going to do it one day. If there is anything that would alter the internal security of Qatar rest assured Saudi National Guard will not stay watching.
TBH in the KSA/UAE context, I consider Hammad to be a better candidate.

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
TBH in the KSA/UAE context, I consider Hammad to be a better candidate.

For sure he is despite his bad record but he is pragmatic and easy to work with.

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
For sure he is despite his bad record but he is pragmatic and easy to work with.

Btw, as of now Tameem bin Hammad is in London, and Hamad bin Jaber is in Doha :)

A new Emir in the making ? §§•

Scorpion

Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Btw, as of now Tameem bin Hammad is in London, and Hamad bin Jaber is in Doha :)

A new Emir in the making ? §§•

Some tribes in Qatar hail from KSA. He should've called us, we would've helped. Staging a protest or something §§•

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0