Russia and Pakistan enhance defence cooperation | World Defense

Russia and Pakistan enhance defence cooperation

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
http://www.radio.gov.pk/07-08-2018/pakistan-russia-sign-agreement-to-enhance-defence-cooperation
Pakistan and Russia have signed an agreement to further enhance defence cooperation.

An agreement to this effect, was signed during a delegation level meeting between Caretaker Defence Minister Naeem Khalid Lodhi and Russian Deputy Defence Minister Col Gen. Alexander V. Fomin in Rawalpindi today.

Under the agreement, service members of Pakistan can get training in Russian institutions.

The delegation is visiting Pakistan to attend first session of Russia-Pakistan Joint Military Consultative Committee.

The two sides discussed the present status of their bilateral defence relations with the aim to further strengthen, expand and diversify mutual cooperation. JMCC is the highest forum of defence collaboration between Pakistan and Russia.

During the inaugural session of the JMCC, both sides exchanged views on bilateral and major international issues including situation in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

A comprehensive issue based review was also carried out during which the two countries expressed satisfaction on the milestones achieved since the signing of ground breaking Agreement on Defence Cooperation in 2014.

The two sides also held in depth discussions on avenues of future cooperation

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
They need to move just a little bit faster.
I do agree on that part.

Russia is willing to allow Pakistan to gain local production on systems such as Ak-103s, and if the T-90MS wins the "Al-Haider" project we would allow HIT to manufacture under license as well.

The Main deals I can see really to pick up these relations are the sale of the Su-35s, S-400s and Pantsir-S1s.

Zaslon

Reactions
677 7 0
Country
Russian Federation
Yes, but given the complex relationship and history vis-a-vis India-Pak-Russia it will surely take time..Not to mention the lack of hard cash in Pakistan
our relations with India, especially in terms of defense are deteriorating very quickly because of their Non-NATO status and how all our proposals to India are quickly declined
Russia is moving towards Pakistan to remake the lost ground we lost with India, Pakistan for surely can't replace India within a year or two in terms of buying weapons and taking their place in our exports, but they sure can replace a large %

--------------------------------------------------------
as a side note I been seeing on several social media outlets such as PK defence and facebook and other places that Indians are crying up a wild storm over our new relations with Pakistan and how Russia "needs" India.
well let me say, I am finally glad we are moving from India's market.