Russia claims to have developed secret 'superweapon' capable of switching off Enemy Weapons | World Defense

Russia claims to have developed secret 'superweapon' capable of switching off Enemy Weapons

Redheart

Reactions
319 0 0
Country
USA
Russia's 'superweapon' can switch off satellites and enemy weapons | Daily Mail Online

Russia has claimed to have built a revolutionary new weapon system that can render enemy satellites and weapons useless.

Its Russian makers say it is a 'fundamentally new electronic warfare system' which can be mounted on ground-based as well as air- and sea-borne carriers.

However, it has refused to reveal how the system works.

It is described as 'a fundamentally new electronic warfare system capable of suppressing cruise missile and other high-precision weaponry guidance systems and satellite radio-electronic equipment.'

'The system will target the enemy's deck-based, tactical, long-range and strategic aircraft, electronic means and suppress foreign military satellites' radio-electronic equipment,,' Russia's Radio-Electronic Technologies Group (KRET) Deputy CEO Yuri Mayevsky told Russian news agency TASS.

To comply with international weapons laws, the system will be mounted on ground-based, air-and seaborne carriers and not on satellites.

'It will fully suppress communications, navigation and target location and the use of high-precision weapons,' said adviser to the KRET first deputy CEO Vladimir Mikheyev.

'The system will be used against cruise missiles and will suppress satellite-based radio location systems.

'It will actually switch off enemy weapons.'

The system's ground component will be tested soon, he claims.

'Ground tests are now going on in workshops. '

'At the end of the year, the system's component will leave the factory gates for trials at testing ranges,' he said.

Earlier this month, the Russian military test-fired a short-range anti-missile system, which successfully destroyed a simulated target at the designated time.

'The launch was aimed at confirming the performance characteristics of missile defense shield anti-missiles operational in the Aerospace Defense Forces,' the Russian defense ministry said at the time.

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Gee, it looks like I am reading a page of a science fiction novel. And if that claim is really true then we are entering a new age. But on a bright note, that device or whatever you call that invention can make the world peaceful. Can you imagine what would happen if all the weapons in the world are turned off? It would be a world of MMA - mixed martial arts instead of nuclear war. That's great.

Diane Lane

Reactions
70 0 0
Country
USA
If, indeed, Russia does have this capability, they're smart not to reveal details of it, but why divulge that they have it at all, other than to ward off potential attacks? I'd rather let someone attack, and switch off their weapons, surprising them, which would waste their time and energy, while I went on the offensive. Chances are, if anyone did attack Russia, it would be way past the point of diplomatic solutions anyway, and we'd all end up in another world war.

Susimi

Reactions
55 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like I've just read something similar to the Goldeneye script...

If they have developed such a weapon then of course they are not gonna reveal how they have done it! I wonder if they have though and if it's not just a bunch of propaganda trying to push Russia as a supreme military powerhouse once again. If it turns out that indeed they have come up with something, then this gives them a very big hand to play should a large scale war happen.

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
It's kind of the psychological war or propaganda. When I see such news from Russia, I remember a neighboring country claimed that it's capable of sinking the U.S 5th fleet in 50 seconds .|0|

Freespirit

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
2 0 0
Country
Philippines
I hope they did invent this really. This can hopefully end wars as all you have to do this is use this to turn off all weapons. Though how they invented something like this is beyond me. Maybe technology is really amazing today.

GeeCee

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
USA
I believe that they have more than that. But, I believe that they have it only because they stole it from our tech first. And who knows what his weapon is based off of. It might very well be microwaves or lasers. Well, we've had those kind of weapons around for the last 30 years. Congratulations to Russia for catching up to our 20-year-old tech.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
It's kind of the psychological war or propaganda. When I see such news from Russia, I remember a neighboring country claimed that it's capable of sinking the U.S 5th fleet in 50 seconds .|0|

Sinking US fleet may be a different issue, can't be combined with advancements in electronic warfare and it's effectiveness.

I would not discard this claim of USSR out right.