Russian military planes disrupt UK civil aviation | World Defense

Russian military planes disrupt UK civil aviation

missbishi

Reactions
118 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
The BBC has reported that two Russian planes were detected flying perilously close to UK airspace yesterday. They had no flightplan to speak of and did not make any contact with air traffic controllers. This was not an isolated incident and the Foreign Secretary has expressed concern over Russia's "extremely aggressive probing" of UK airspace.

The UK has requested that the Russian ambassador explain the reasons behind this incident.

What do you think they are up to? Was it just a thoughtless training exercise or is it more likely that they were "casng the joint", so to speak, and trying to determine what UK procedures are? More details at the link below.

BBC News - Russian military planes 'disrupted UK aviation'

Gasoline

Reactions
989 6 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
I think it's one of the attempts to measure the reaction of the British government especially and other European Union countries generally (i.e. what kind of procedures will be taken ?) ,not else .I ruled out the direct confrontation.

KimberlyD

Reactions
47 0 0
Country
USA
Putin is flexing his muscles it seems. Nato chickened out as usual.

I agree. Just Putin making a show. I have noticed that Putin has this thing with buttons... he is always trying to push them to see what will happen.

kestas57

Reactions
4 0 0
Country
United Kingdom
As usual, Putin showing that he isn't scared and wanting to see what the British government's reaction will be.