Sports | Page 2 | World Defense

Sports

djordjem87

Reactions
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Although a small country, Serbia is very successful in sports. Unfortunately, we are least successful in football (soccer), the most popular sport in Serbia. All of our stars during the years fail to put a good performance for a national team and play good in their teams. Nemanja Vidic, Aleksandar Kolarov, Branislav Ivanovic, Adem Ljajic,Nemanja Matic, Dejan Stankovic, Sinisa Mihajlovic, Vladimir Jugovic, etc. Many more of course failed massively in any attempt to go far in any competition. France 1998 was unlucky for us but we were playing good. Another sport popular now is Tennis because of Novak Djokovic. Waterpolo, basketball and volleyball are the most prolific sports in Serbia considering the medals.

SapnaTheBaller3

NEW RECRUIT
Country
USA
The fact that America is filled with such diverse people, I can't say which sport is the most popular. However I read somewhere that it was baseball. Though you may not hear much about it as say football (especially the Super Bowl time) it still is pretty popular. Personally I enjoy watching basketball, and have full respect for it.

explorerx7

Reactions
36 1
Country
Jamaica
The most popular sport in my country is football ( the Americans refer to it as Soccer) This is a sport that really has the ability to bond people as was evident when the national team had had qualified for the 1998 world cup in France. Everyone came forward in unison to support the team and there was even a drop in the crime statistics for a number of days.

T-123456

Reactions
246 1
Country
Turkey
Football(soccer),Baskeball,Volleyball,weightlifting,Wrestling.

TheOptical

NEW RECRUIT
Reactions
Country
United Kingdom
UK here. Football is a big thing here. You cant get into any pub without it being on the TV. The BPL finals are bigger then come Christmas for some people! Me, I watch a few games every now and then, but I much prefer American sports. American Football and Baseball, to be exact. Only issue is that it isn't always on TV, so I have to do a bit off searching around online and stream it to my Chromecast if I wanna watch a game.

Te0

Reactions
Country
Italy
The most popular sport in my state is football and tennis