Taiwan vs Indonesia | World Defense

Taiwan vs Indonesia

Corzhens

Reactions
111 1 0
Country
Philippines
Two Taiwanese fishing boats were hit by 17 bullets coming from Indonesian vessels, presumably the coast guard of Indonesia. Taiwan's Fisheries Agency said in a report that denied claims that the boats were poaching in Indonesian waters. Tsay Tzu-yaw, chief of Taiwan's Fisheries Agency said those shots were clearly not warning shots and asked Indonesia to provide an explanation.

For details - Taiwan says Indonesia fired on fishermen without warning | World, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
Did anyone die in the incident?

djordjem87

Reactions
35 0 0
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I'm not following here. Is there a general conflict between these two countries? It sounds ridiculous to attack a fishing boat without some vocal approach first. I understand that they entered the other side territory but it is not supposed to function like that. It could be something else than enemies attacking...Like, for example, fishing expedition off the course.

Jaeger

Professional
Reactions
1,627 13 0
Country
Germany
Indonesia has admitted to arrest illegal fishers in their territorial waters and sinking the vessels.

vash

Reactions
27 1 0
Country
USA
I guess everyone is picking on Taiwan as they are not recognized as a nation by majority of the countries around the world.
A few years ago Philippines also opened fire on a Taiwanese fishing boat and killed a fisherman, then gave chase but turned around and ran when a Taiwanese warship showed up.