Is this an Apache helicopter?

19510272_1496285217096197_8371603033900596881_n.jpg

UAE

Reactions
929 11 0
Country
USA
the ceremony video

I can't stop watching it over and over again. Very trained, ready and well equipped. One of the most great shows I have ever seen. BTW are those women in video belong to the military or the internal security? Very proud of our Tunisian bothers and sisters may almighty protect them.

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
I can't stop watching it over and over again. Very trained, ready and well equipped. One of the most great shows I have ever seen. BTW are those women in video belong to the military or the internal security? Very proud of our Tunisian bothers and sisters may almighty protect them.

Well, I think I found the answer to my previous question.

the Women belong to the Armed Forces . they are many women work in the 3 branches of the Armed Forces ( Land , Air and sea )
here it's normal for woman to volunteer for the military
13524459_835304129932965_5270187358826219010_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
Ikbel Ikbel, captain, is a commanding officer of a radio relay company in the Transmission Regiment

143930008734_content.jpg

Ikbal-moy.jpg

Ikbal-moy-1.jpg

Rym: Ensign ( enseigne de vaisseau 1ère classe )
143919859448_content.jpg

Hana, Commander of patrol Boat
143896067052_content.jpg

Hana-1.jpg

Siwar, Lieutenant of Navy, is the first female commander of a naval unit
143895921963_content.jpg

143895050694_content.jpg

Randa, company commander at the Tunis garrison
143937340453_content.jpg

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
Who are these female fighter pilots of the Tunisian armed forces
143413164772_content.jpg
We owe them a real tribute! Celebrating it's 50th anniversary on June 15th ( Air forceanniversary ) , the Tunisian Air Force displays a rich track record trophies .In exclusivity, a new report about women pilots, fighter aircraft and transport.

Dorra and Olfa, are part of the Tunisian exceptional women. Both are military pilots, the first helicopter, and the second transport. They are part of this forty women pilots, in the air force, take on with competence and dedication leading missions. They brought honor to Tunisia. Defend the homeland, attack the enemy, hunt down terrorists, monitor coastlines, evacuate the wounded and sick in difficult situations, carry troops and equipment, they brave the harshest weather conditions, dodge enemy fire and succeed their goals.
Largely exclusively for Leaders, they were allowed to answer our questions and be photographed. For the first time, the Ministry of Defence has allowed a journalistic team. An exceptional event requires: the commemoration, on June 15, the fiftieth anniversary of the Tunisian Air Force. A few days before the celebration of the 59th anniversary of the National Army. Reportage.
680-(3).jpg
Tucked in its combination, boarded her helicopter, strapped into her seat, helmet on head, connected to the radio and hands on the handles, Dorra is another woman. It does not pilot the aircraft, it is part of the life and proficiency. Very strong feelings during tactical flights that require great concentration.

The helicopter has the advantage of married landforms, mountains, forests and coasts flying low and undertaking very impactful actions. Armed with 12.7 machine guns , the shooter who is closely accompanies its instructions and opens fire. Escaping the enemy and shooting him: a heavy responsibility assumed in all circumstances, and successfully in sense of duty to be accomplish it .
Before each operation, the preparation is rigorous. The study of the target, the location, the general context, the specific environment, weather, constraints and issues are scrutinized. Nothing is left to improvisation, the instructions are clear. Upon takeoff, the monitoring from the command center is attentive. Depending on the situation observed in the intervention area, adjustments can be made. The final decision end of the chain to the pilot herself. It better appreciate the context and decide. Dorra does not hesitate to do so with confidence. It ensure.
680(1).jpg
«I had it in my head»!

If you encounter the personal life of mother of two children, you do not doubt it for its war capacity. A normal woman, educated, friendly, sporty looks and well-groomed hair. Both her daughters adore and admire her, as she sees it in their eyes. They are proud and perhaps follow her steps.

How did it get to the cockpit of the military helicopter? A whole saga. Military girl, woman pilot, living in Bardo, always bathed in this universe. Since its infancy, the uniform deceived. "I had it in the head, she entrusts Leaders, but I did not know where to start. with a good grades in High school opened for her, after careful selection, the preparatory school at the Military Academy (Epam). But this was only the first step. In preparatory classes, the idea of aviation was spinning in the head. It will make its purpose and should, for access, excel in all disciplines, successfully all examinations and all tests. " Dorra will be selected to be part of the first batch of female pilots in the Air Force and will specialize in the School of Borj El Amri. The course is long, it should get the line transport pilot license, successive military patents, before being assigned to an operational unit.
Three years later, she will be captain, but it was not enough. In parallel, the Commission will monitor the captain to reach that rank. Then, the experience, it will be classified as an instructor.
Is it difficult to take the decision to open fire on an enemy? "Difficult, no, she answered _ with determination. Take into account all the important factors. We are well trained in operational and tactical techniques and benefit from specific briefings and procedures to apply .It always there to make a decision, the last mine, without hesitation possible. "
Femme-Pilote-de-chasse.jpg
« Always ready to intervene and protect »

Olfa's lieutenant, transport pilot. Within the military, air transport provides logistics support mission of great importance. Small appliances Hercules C130, these military planes are on permanent alert, such as helicopters and other hunting equipment, which can take off at any time day and night, on the orders of command. Aboard her L410 , Olfa carries troops, equipment, weapons and ammunition. But also, in case of floods and other disasters, there are medicines, food, blankets and other relief and emergency needs that she deliver . It also operates to evacuate the wounded and sick in a very difficult situation.

"I will never forget this young pregnant mother arrived at labor that falls into a dangerous complication, she entrusts Leaders. We had to evacuated from the south of Tunisia to a specialized hospital service in Sfax. Every minute passed was a matter of life or death for the mother as for her baby. You can not imagine my happiness and my command when everything went well and the baby pushed his first cry, safe and sound!
"
Olfa also was taken from her youth by the passion of the army. This pilot woman living in Tunis has a great admiration for her father. Teacher, his dream was to embrace the military career to serve the national flag. No problem: his daughter realize it for him. Olfa follow the same route as Dorra. Bac with honors in math, it will be admitted to the Epam Sfax, then go to Borj El Amri, where she obtained her IFR license and other patents and qualifications for transport aircraft. And there she fly, giving her wings to the homeland.

71F1271.jpg
«Pure happiness!»
Both are well-trained, each in her specialty, in exercises that push to extend the limits. They learn to combine both flight safety, achieving the designated purpose and to preserve human lives. The biggest constraint is often the difficult weather and urgency of the operation. But they can do it. "The continued support of our instructors is valuable, as encouragement from our command," they claim in gratitude.

Dorra and Olfa entrust us they fully fulfilled in their uniforms. "We have no particular merit, other than to serve the motherland of all these men and women in the service," they say. Their happiness is when lands, stop the engine and down after a successful mission! "This is pure happiness!", They assure us with one voice, then left each to their planes.

Article by
Taoufik Habaieb

Photos Mohamed Hammi/Leaders
Ces femmes pilotes de l’armée tunisienne
Translated by me using google and my own knowledge

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
Good stuff. What is the current arms deal if any?
currently Tunisia is in process of reserving the UH60M and the Ejder Yalçen III and possibility of L39NG , VERA NG
passive sensor (can detect stealth fighters ) http://www.era.aero/about-era/news/...sia-visited-the-era-headquarters-in-pardubice
http://www.aero.cz/en/about-us/medi...nister-national-defence-tunisia-visited-aero/
and possible new fighter in coming years most likely JAS 39 and rumors of Tunisia interest in changing the tank and many consider altay as great replacer for the old M60

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
This is a bit off topic I would like to know the geo political status of Tunisia with Algeria, Libya and Morocco. How do you guys view each other.

Thanks.

Mootaz24

Reactions
87 2 0
Country
Tunisia
This is a bit off topic I would like to know the geo political status of Tunisia with Algeria, Libya and Morocco. How do you guys view each other.

Thanks.
politically Tunisia is friendly with all except haftar as his air forces violated our air space once and his navy is kidnapping Tunisian fishermen fishing in the south close to Libya ( 2 times or 3 in the past few years )

and if u have any military Question ask , i don't like politics

Scorpion

THINK TANK: SENIOR
Reactions
3,197 56 0
Country
Saudi Arabia
politically Tunisia is friendly with all except haftar as his air forces violated our air space once and his navy is kidnapping Tunisian fishermen fishing in the south close to Libya ( 2 times or 3 in the past few years )

and if u have any military Question ask , i don't like politics

Fair enough.. Thanks.

Artesh

Reactions
100 5 0
Country
Iran
@Mootaz24 :

Bro,

what your people think of Axis/Allied Activities in Tunisia during World War 2 ?

any Memorial/Cemetry of Fallen Soldiers and local Resistance Fighters ?