Turkey signed contract with EUROSAM and Airbus | World Defense

Turkey signed contract with EUROSAM and Airbus

Atalay

Reactions
283 9 0
Country
Turkey
- Today THY signed an order for 20 (5 option) Airbus A-350-900 passenger planes.

- With Eurosam lead Partners France and Italy was an other contract signed for Aster Aster- 30 Block 1 NT to be in Service after 2020

- An other contract was signed for 18 months full technical assistance for Turkish AD missiles of the HISAR family

Details of military deals are made under strict NDA

http://www.milliyet.com.tr/turkiye-ve-fransa-arasinda-dev-anla-ekonomi-2585901/

http://www.karar.com/guncel-haberler/son-dakika-fuze-savunma-sistemi-anlasmasi-imzalandi-713604

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
THY have the best connections and best lounge at Istanbul, now they should focus on aircrafts.
I hope they introduced newer aircrafts on routes to Pakistan.
Secondly shopping area @airport should be improved.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Have you been in the Business Lounge ? Iits the best I have seen worldwide.
Istanbul 3 will be operational September 2018. In final stage it will the greatest Airport of the world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Istanbul_New_Airport

Yes... on average 4 times /year. I will be there again in a month's time.
I share your opinion, after seeing the lounges world wide, I rate Istanbul lounge the best, despite the fact its crowded like hell.
Variety of food and confectionaries are unraveling, there is always plenty for everyone.
I'm looking forward to the opening of new airport.

Atalay

Reactions
283 9 0
Country
Turkey
its crowded

Yes the whole airport is too small for the passengers number and most companies pay Business Clas for their employees, cause THY is very competitive. I met a woman who was one stop travelling from South Africa to Frankfurt and asked her why she preferred THY. Answer was simple. Luthansa prices for Business flyers are astronomic and my company has a corporate agreement with THY for additional discounts.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
Yes the whole airport is too small for the passengers number and most companies pay Business Clas for their employees, cause THY is very competitive. I met a woman who was one stop travelling from South Africa to Frankfurt and asked her why she preferred THY. Answer was simple. Luthansa prices for Business flyers are astronomic and my company has a corporate agreement with THY for additional discounts.

That's also true, THY has lowest business class fares.
I have flown to Sauth Africa with THY business class, couple of years ago.
Plane was not modern but It was flat bed, I guess THY will be unmatchable of they replace aircrafts or seats.

Atalay

Reactions
283 9 0
Country
Turkey
Plane was not modern

I believe it was a A-340 they are phased out now and are in service since 25 years. BTW Turkish airways FAB partner will be Singapore Air to met the taste of Far East passengers. Istanbul III expects to become global HUB to Asia.

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan
I believe it was a A-340 they are phased out now and are in service since 25 years. BTW Turkish airways FAB partner will be Singapore Air to met the taste of Far East passengers. Istanbul III expects to become global HUB to Asia.

Good thing is Turkish is star alliance but bad thing is they don't accept silver card from miles& more for lounge access.
I also hope my upcoming trip is last one via AtaTurk airport.

Atalay

Reactions
283 9 0
Country
Turkey

BATMAN

THINK TANK
Reactions
1,697 47 0
Country
Pakistan

Khafee

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions
24,463 1,293 0
New long-range missile study may strengthen Turkey’s ties with France, Italy
By: Pierre Tran  
13 hours ago
09 Jan 2018
FY623CCTPJFFLJ3BX74W2F2MME.jpg
The terrain variant of the Aster 30 surface-to-air missile platform. (Michel Hans/MBDA)

PARIS — Eurosam and Turkish firms Aselsan and Roketsan have signed a contract with Turkey to study the possibility of producing a long-range missile.

“Scheduled to last 18 months, this definition study aims at preparing the development and production contract for the future system meeting the operational requirements of the Turkish Air Force,” MBDA and Thales said in a statement through their missile-based joint venture Eurosam.

Eurosam declined to comment on the value of the contract, signed Jan. 5 by Turkey’s procurement agency, the Undersecretariat for Defence Industries, during Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s visit to Paris.

The contract for a definition study follows Turkey’s recent agreement with Russia for the supply of S-400 missiles, a deal that sparked concern among NATO partners.

The study will define Turkish requirements and architecture of the weapon system, which will be based on the Aster Block 1 New Technology missile and the accompanying future radar. If all goes well, the study will lead to a development and production contract for Turkey.

The study is expected to lead to cooperation between France, Italy and Turkey over a Turkish long-range air and missile defense program, with a weapon delivered around 2025, Eurosam said. The missile is intended to hit ballistic and cruise missiles, stealth aircraft, and UAVs.

The planned weapon is intended to meet the partner nations’ “basic operational needs” while guaranteeing Turkey “full employment autonomy” and “sovereign choice of integration within NATO,” the joint venture said. The work is expected to support Turkey’s domestic programs and open up export prospects among France, Italy and Turkey.

Turkey has long been seen as a potential partner for the Aster missile.

France and Italy are working on development of the MBDA Aster Block 1 NT missile, seeking to extend the range of the Aster 30 and its ability to hit incoming ballistic missiles and other threats.

The NT upgrade would allow the Aster 30 to hit enemy missiles with a range of 1,000 kilometers. The Block 1 model held by French and Italian forces can intercept incoming missiles with a range of 600 kilometers, such as the Scud B.

An upgraded version is on the road map for building an Aster Block 2, which would intercept weapons that have a range of 3,000 kilometers.

MBDA is a joint venture between Airbus, BAE Systems and Leonardo. Aselsan specializes in defense electronics, while Roketsan builds rockets and missiles.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/....8.18&utm_term=Editorial - Daily News Roundup